Fleas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ski224

Sometimes when I pick my beardie up from her cage, she has these little black dots on her and I think they are fleas. What could they be from? I use dirt for the bedding cause that's the what the pet store gave me for her. Is that okay?

TheWolfmanTom

Extreme Poster
A picture is worth a thousand words. These dots could be mites and yes they can come from the bedding or the pet store or any of a dozen sources. Mites need to be taken seriously and your going to have to toss your substrate and treat the animal, the enclosure, and any items in the cage.

Ski224

Original Poster
TheWolfmanTom":nomfxely said:
A picture is worth a thousand words. These dots could be mites and yes they can come from the bedding or the pet store or any of a dozen sources. Mites need to be taken seriously and your going to have to toss your substrate and treat the animal, the enclosure, and any items in the cage.

And how do I begin to treat everything?

TheWolfmanTom

Extreme Poster
1st you need to determine if indeed it is mites. Do they move? Jump? When you soak your dragon do the dots move towards the head? Or is your dragon just covered in dirt specks? Never treat just on a hunch that you MIght have a problem.

Ski224

Original Poster
TheWolfmanTom":3laamb3o said:
1st you need to determine if indeed it is mites. Do they move? Jump? When you soak your dragon do the dots move towards the head? Or is your dragon just covered in dirt specks? Never treat just on a hunch that you MIght have a problem.

Well they don't jump, that I have seen, but they do move. When I give her a bath I don't see them moving towards her head.

TheWolfmanTom

Extreme Poster
If they are moving its probably mites. I dont want to say for sure without seeing them. I have treated mites with Mite off, or ophinol by sera. The 1st is much easier to find.

Ski224

Original Poster
TheWolfmanTom":1t2ngw0a said:
If they are moving its probably mites. I dont want to say for sure without seeing them. I have treated mites with Mite off, or ophinol by sera. The 1st is much easier to find.

Thank you so much! I'm cleaning her cage now. Instead of sand what do I put on the floor of her cage then? Besides the mat thing. I have to go out and buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom