First Day Out

Mr.Dragon

Beardie name(s)
Mr. Dragon
First time going outside since bringing him home! Low stress trip, just a walk to the park and back, he was very good, just stayed there and looked around!

Attachments

• 20230705_122204.jpg
    20230705_122204.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 76
  • 20230705_122230.jpg
    20230705_122230.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 50
  • 20230705_122500.jpg
    20230705_122500.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 52

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
They love outside time especially after they get comfortable.

Mr.Dragon

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mr. Dragon
They love outside time especially after they get comfortable.
Yeah thats what ive noticed reading around. So im slowly going to take him outside more and more giving him a little more freedom each time. Its hard cuz Im kinda a hoarder so I cant let him roam in my room too much cuz he could get lost in all my stuff if he decides to explore a lot. But I let him run around my bed as much as possible while I watch haha. Do they tend to run off quickly if you put them down outside?
-Mr. Dragon

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
They can reach speeds upward of 11 to 12 mph. They can be gone in an instance. I would never let a baby or sub adult down without a leash. Of my 5 adults there is only 2 i will let down without a leash.

Mr.Dragon

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mr. Dragon
They can reach speeds upward of 11 to 12 mph. They can be gone in an instance. I would never let a baby or sub adult down without a leash. Of my 5 adults there is only 2 i will let down without a leash.
How old/big do they have to be before you can start using a leash?

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
The leashes come in different sizes, as soon as you can find one that fits you could start letting your beardie down. But i would recommend trying in your home a few times first just in case.

Mr.Dragon

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mr. Dragon
The leashes come in different sizes, as soon as you can find one that fits you could start letting your beardie down. But i would recommend trying in your home a few times first just in case.
Ah of course! Thank you! One more question, the cement won't be too hot for their paws, right? I mean they're made for the hot ground?
-Mr. Dragon

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
It gets to hot. If it's to warm for your bare foot or the back of your hand it's to hot for them.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom