Finn, Venus and Jupiter: New beardie baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spyro is my first bearded dragon and I brought him home on the 27th. He came from an individual that was not giving him the proper care: No uvb, feeding mealworms, sand, UTH instead of basking light, etc. They had been misinformed by a pet store employee (big surprise there). I wanted to start this thread so I and everyone else can watch Spyro as he grows.

About me: My name is Lindsey, I am 25 years old. I have a 6 year old daughter with Angelman Syndrome and she a happy little girl that teaches me something new everyday. I have a 4 year old boy named Garrett that shares my love of animals and he loves Spyro as much as I do. I have 3 dogs: Remington(Remi) is a 1 1/2 year old boxer, Tucker is my shihtzu mix, and the mighty Kujo, a toy poodle weighing in a 4.5 lbs. I also have 3 leopard geckos: Venus, Loki, and Thor. I am attending school full time to become a surgical tech. My life is chaotic, but that's the way I like it.

Now back to Spyro, this is the day I brought him home( I am sure a lot of you have seen these pics in the intro section, sorry I will have new ones up soon) :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tj7nq20v9w6su94/2012-12-27 16.40.01.jpg

His new home:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/m94hjux9v2621v0/2012-12-28 20.31.56.jpg

A couple of him just being cute:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hnrb0e1uzzj09y2/2012-12-28 10.18.35.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fenofusv6z8hmwz/2012-12-28 14.03.38.jpg

I will update every once in a while with new pictures. When I got him he was in shed.... and still is. I am getting impatient to see this guy brighten up!

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Lol she does look like she had a little hoodie on. I checked on her this morning and she had moved all her hides around rubbing on them, but she looked good with no retained toe shed. I normally don't catch her actively shedding, I will just notice her lighter one day and then the next day she will be bright again. She made a racket with this one. Lol.

Finn's lights kicked on about 15 minutes ago and he keeps giving me the stink eye.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
What's the stink eye about, not feeding him soon enough? Or just because the light went on? Beardies are so funny with their stink eyes :lol:

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
I am guessing the stink eye was from me waiting for him to warm up a bit before I fed him. Also Venus and him must be on the same schedule because about an hour after lights on he started exploding out of his skin and is now completely done with his body shed. Yay.

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
He has ate good the past few days. I ordered some horns and butters from Linda so they will be here this week and Finn has never had horns or butters so this will be a real treat for him, I may also order a few dubia, I am sure he would love them since they used to be his staple food and now it's just crickets.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
I'm glad to hear that your babies are doing well and have some yummy treats to look forward to. I'm also glad school is going well. Keep up the good work. You're almost done!

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Well it seem like between Finn's new Reptisun and his shed he is just crazy and eating like a horse, he is up to 140g. He has grown so much in just the last couple of months.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Now that is wonderful news. I love to hear when a beardie is eating like a horse! Good for you Finn and Lindz. Now to get some pics up when you can!

chastityx

Sub-Adult Member
Lindz0518":103tnutw said:
Well it seem like between Finn's new Reptisun and his shed he is just crazy and eating like a horse, he is up to 140g. He has grown so much in just the last couple of months.

he's getting there! :blob8: bows is still slowly growing even though he was a sick baby. :)

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Wow, his colours are sure popping, he's got colours like Titan, beautiful. And he sure is growing! He is so cute!

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
He is getting ready to shed his back feet and the spot on his chin is healing, he rubbed a spot raw from glass surfing.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Glad the glass surfing chin is healing. Lonzo still has a bump there from rubbing against a mesh screen I was using as a barrier. Switched it to plastic covered cardboard and he stopped :lol: They can be stubborn about wanting to be out or in a different spot.

He's going to be big once he's fully grown :D

LaDragonEcho

Hatchling Member
zandi202":2dtcg3hx said:
Tell Bug: "One day when you're big and strong, you will be a king!"
BlueDragon09":2dtcg3hx said:
Zera sung that song from Lion King 2 to Kovu. I remember it, it was awesome.
My little guy's name is Kovu and i sing him that song almost every time he becomes a rag doll while i put him to bed.#beardieslave4life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ha12041437
Top Bottom