Female bearded dragon not basking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bmjo

Hatchling Member
I’ve had coco for a couple weeks and she never basks she sits on the cool end. I have to pick her up and put her under the light. Her rock is 97 degrees

Bmjo

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
destiny1998":2u3frwju said:
Hi. Can you give a rundown of the set up? Lights used?Brands?How you take the temps?
100 watt zoo med intense basking spot. Zoo med t5 reptisun 10.0 and i take temps with a temp gun

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
97 surface temp is pretty cool for basking site so that shouldn't be causing a problem with avoidance. Do you have the UVB light next to the basking light? When you move her to the basking area does she stay there and bask or move away?

Bmjo

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
CooperDragon":3t2eannd said:
97 surface temp is pretty cool for basking site so that shouldn't be causing a problem with avoidance. Do you have the UVB light next to the basking light? When you move her to the basking area does she stay there and bask or move away?
She stays there. She doesn’t seem to move a lot

Bmjo

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I think she is starting to Brumaire because she stopped eating 2 days ago and has been sleeping during the day

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's possible. Keep a close eye on her weight as that should remain pretty stable during a brumation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom