Emmett, EMILIO, Emma..RIP sweet Emily

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Aww, Tonja, sorry about your eye, when is the surgery again? You'll feel so much better once that's done.

It's been great spending time with my grandkids but haven't seen them since my birthday party. Tara's been feeling awful since we got a cold spell, I'm hoping to see them soon, though.

My ankle is still very weak, I don't wear the boot at night anymore, which is great and walk about a bit in the morning, but then I have to put the boot back on. I'm supposed to be out of the boot next week, we'll see how that goes, might take a bit longer. At least the knee walker is in the car, ready to be taken back.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I forgot to add the picture of the bejeweled snowflakes hanging over my tree in the living room. I hung 7 over it so it adds to the icy candy feel of the tree.
full

all lit up and so pretty I think
full

still working on my floral arrangement for the living room...candy themed of course
full

my candy color santa hanging in the living room
full

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I go 2 hours away to Fort Carson army base on the 14th to have my eye measured for the new lens, I thought the 4th but its the 14th then schedule surgery then. So I am hoping it will be after Christmas.
I expected your ankle to be weak Deb, you haven't used it in a while since your surgery. You can build it back up so its stronger, I have faith that it will be stronger. Glad you are getting rid of the knee walker.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Now I'm on one crutch when I'm walking without the boot. With the boot, no crutch. But I'm starting to hate the thing! I have to go slowly, though, as my ankle pains easily. So I walk around in the am but haven't tried to go out without the boot yet. I'm giving myself until end of the week of walking around the house before I walk around outside. There's alot of frost and I sure can't afford to slip.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
luv-it.gif

The cotton candy theme is adorable! Everything looks so yummy :D

What a bummer that your fitting isn't until the 14th. I know how anxious you are to get the surgery over and done with so you could finally see. But this may mean that you'll be able to enjoy Christmas without having to deal with pain or wear funny looking glasses.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Sorry for not posting to much, I cant see well enough. Appointment is Monday at 10 am for the lens fitting and to schedule surgery. I think they are going to go ahead and start me on the antibioyic drops also before surgery.

Emmett is down now from 5-6 pm for the night, he just cant keep his eyes open. When he climbs in his bed, I cover him up and leave his lights on a bit longer, he sleeps with them on well.

I made Emma a new half bed as she soaked her old one through with her BM, she is very hydrated. Made her a new little rug to go under her half bed. I didn't make it rectangular this time, its an oval. I put a lot of batting in it for her so its soft. Its covered in the same fabric as her canopy quilts and curtains. I trimmed it out in pink ribbons and a lace ribbon and her rug matches. She's not spoiled. LOL
Emilio is shedding yet AGAIN. His little face exploded so he got his face rubbed with a rough washcloth as it was bugging him so badly.
Picture to follow of Emma's new half bed and rug. NAHHH shes not spoiled at all lol!

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Emma's new half bed I made her. It has batting in it and trimmed in pink ribbons and lace and a matching rug for her. Shes already been playing on it. It has little wooden feet to keep it up off the floor.
full

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Naaa, none of your babies are spoiled LOL. I'm looking forward to pics but I'm most glad your surgery date is getting closer, it will be great for you to be able to see well again.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I finally finished decorating my den.
This is a graduated bowl <stacked one on top of the other so the nest a little> snowman I made. The bottom two bowls have winter scenes in them. I think he turned out really cute.
full

My little santa setup on the small curio in my den
full

I made a new candy cane <real candy canes> wreath for the wall by the back door. It has a graduated pinwheel bow and the center is a ornament with the Nativity on it.
full

I got my garland made for the niche above my little fireplace mantle and put four of my nutcrackers on the mantle. Snowmen are on the little shelves above the nutcrackers.
full

Last but not least got the top shelf of my bookcase decorated with my elves, poinsettias and just a ribbon I twisted to give it a glittery look
full

Hope you enjoy.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
You weren't able to wash Emma's bed? What a shame that it had to be replaced.
The new half bed is so cute! Is it attached to the frame?

I love the graduated bowl snowman!! What a neat idea!

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Gina I wish I could have washed it. She soaked through the cover, the batting, clear down to the wood. It was easier to remake her one than to tear it all apart and wash it. The other one was Geicos then moved to Emily so it was old and needed replaced. The covers are attached with velcro to the frame and the little legs are hot glued on with non toxic glue.

I love my snowman also but I am a snowman and nutcracker lover. Thanks for the compliment
Snowing here pretty good now so I am in for the day ughhh!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Love the bed you made for Emma and the decorations are beautiful. I really enjoyed your snowman, so well made. Must all be even better in person. You always make such great decorations at Christmas. And I saw you posted on my thread that Emilio asked to be snuggled, wow, I am so impressed and so surprised :D

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
OMG Emilio climbed onto my had again today and let me hold him for about 15 mins before getting antsy to go back in his cage. He is shedding yet again bless his little lizard heart. Emma and Emmett are doing well also. Gave them both bathes today and cleaned their tanks. They also got nice big fresh salads.
Emillio Shedding
full

Emillio climbed onto my hand :D
full

Emma laying half under her bed..a new place she likes to lay in :lol:
full

Emmett being the handsome boy he is
full

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom