Emmett, EMILIO, Emma..RIP sweet Emily

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Tonja, you'll have never have your thread closed. Even if it does, you just contact me and it be re-opened. Please don't worry about that, it's a non-issue, just take care of yourself. Nasty infections seem to take their toll, taking care of your sweet babies and yourself are the priorities.

I've been hearing about alot of dragons (including some of mine, like Gabriel and Leo) that are sleeping alot earlier than usual. Our heat wave is back and that seems to make them sleepy in the afternoons. They're up at 6a, so their lights go off at 4:30p so they don't get too hot. So Emmett sleeping at 4p sounds like my crew. I wouldn't worry too much, when brumation time comes, you'll know.

Emma sounds so cute, hanging down to eat her salad, I can just picture her doing that. It's such fun watching a baby grow, isn't it? Love to hear about her.

And Emilio sounds like he's going to be huge by the time he's grown. Is his tank going to have to be changed?

And a cannon, wow, your pirate Halloween is going to be awesome!

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Sorry to hear that you're still not better. That sure was one nasty infection to linger this long, despite being on meds.

Emmett sounds like he's getting ready for brumation, or at least just slowing down.

Emma is such a cutie pie. You must have chuckled a bit when you saw her dangling from her bridge to her salad bowl.

Emilio is still shedding?! Wow, that means that he'd been growing all this time. Good job, Tonja!

Can't wait to see the cannon! I'm sure it'll look great, just like all of your other amazing crafts.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
My Em trio are doing great. Emmett is sleepier by the day but I do get him out of bed to eat bathe and bask a bit.
Emma is shedding her tail its all white so will be a few days yet. Emilio has finished shedding for now. I know I am jumping around here but I am tired Emma loves eating her salad as long as it has green beans and snow peas in it with mustard greens. She hates fruit yet and if she gets a piece she will drop it.
Anyway will post some pictures tomorrow. But for now although its not put together and wont be till closer to Halloween, here is the cannon and its carriage I built.
full

hope you like it!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I do, I like everything you make! It's hard to think of brumation at this time of year, but Emmett is not the only dragon I've heard of that is slowing down. We had a cloudy day today, no rain, my goodness we're parched, but I come home to the 3 young ones in their hides :roll: , which means tomorrow am I'll have to get Cierra and Nathaniel out. Castiel gets right under his basking light as soo as lights are on, but not the twins.

I'm glad Emma is eating her greens, even though it's a particular type of veggie/green, at least she's eating!

I'll bet Emilio is even brighter than last picture after his shed :D

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Emmett sure sounds like he's ready for brumation.
How big is Emma now? Has her colors change any after a shed?
Had Emilio's colors brightened up even more?

That cannon looks huge! Great job on it; looks so real.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Emma is 13 inches long, 81 grams and has not shed yet, her tail is white as are her back legs. She was just put to bed in her big girl bed and is sleeping.
Emmett has been sleeping a lot but he will eat and bask.
Emilio has completely shed and his colors are about the same. I don't think he will get much brighter. But he ate a ton of hornworms today along with Emmett and Emma.

The cannon is not really that big. It in and of itself is about just above the knee tall and the carriage is about knee high. The cannon is about the length of an arm. I enjoyed building it and making it look as close to real as I could from my imagination. I had no pictures or anything to go by. Thank you all for the compliment on it.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I guess the angle of the photo was a little deceptive. Made it look like it was 3 feet tall! :)
Can't wait to see the finished product.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I have been busy fighting allergies, its horrible with the stuff in the air and all the smoke from Washington state.

Emma just finished a shed, she was miserable. I made her a huge salad and not only did she eat all of it but the carrot, bet enjoyed her hornworms. Shes growing up to fast and I think some of her coloring will be much like Emily's, that bright red orange.

Emmett is going to sleep about 5 pm so I turn off his lights and let him sleep. He wants his breakfast and his bath then after that nothing, he just wants to sleep. I do check on him and if he is awake his lights go back on. I miss him when he is sleeping. But what can ya do?

Emilio has finished his shed and is doing well. He loves his crickets, hornworms and his super worms. He is getting to almost 18 inches long. I still cant hold him without his hissing and snapping to bite so use light leather gloves when I have to put him in the playpen to clean his cage.

Trees are changing color here and its getting cooler. But the storms and wind have not subsided to much. Winter will soon be here, end of sept or oct for our first snow. Not much else going on here.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Glad to hear that all of the kids are doing well.

Now you're suffering from allergies? Man, you need to live in a bubble as much as I do ;)
Sorry that you're getting the smoke from WA. Hope there will be a miracle rain storm there soon and put out all of the fires.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I'm sorry you're suffering so much from the smoke, I'm hoping they get some rain, like we've had for the last 4 days, so needed.

It's weird when they start sleeping isn't it. Nathaniel has been up for only 2 days in the last 2 weeks. Cierra is still up but not eating much. Castiel goes into his hide once in awhile but mainly he's up. Gabriel has become for lazy than usual, so I'm thinking he'll be next.

Wow, Emma sure is doing well with her salads, sorry she was so miserable with her last shed, poor baby. She must be getting big!

And Emilio is 18" long? Wow, that went fast! Glad you have gloves to handle him for cleaning out his tank, wouldn't want you to be hurt, those "fingers" can really pinch.

Hope you feel better soon.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
All is well here, I think I have the sinus infection beat, the infection in my jaw is gone and Im feeling pretty good right now.

Emma just went through a shed and is 98 grams now closing in on a hundred. She a feisty little thing an demands to be fed before anyone else. She is eating all her salads, and bugs. I cannot hand feed Emma as she attacks food with a vengeance. If I put the tongs in her tank with a bug she attacks the tongs and the bug lol. Otherwise she is calm and collected. She knows feeding time and is ready for it lol. She loves her baths and does drink her water from it. Day before yesterday she had her first poop in the bath so hopefully she will poop in her bath regularly now.

Emmett is still sleepy but does eat and has his baths where he drinks water. He shed his face and is rubbing on everything to get the nostril shed out..it was so loose and I felt sorry for him to I took the tweezers to it and it just fell out so that was relief to Emmett. The shed was not connected to anything, it just fell out. No resistance or anything with it. Hes basking after eating his superworms then will go lay down in his bed to sleep.

Emilio is in shed AGAIN. He is really growing. He loves his hornworms and eats the really big ones with no problems. He got his tank cleaned yesterday and all the while hissed at me. He just does not want to be messed with period. So I clean up after him, feed him and talk to him and hes fine with that lol.

Its getting a bit chilly here so fall is really starting to set in. Am done with all my Halloween crafting and am happy about that. I just need to stain a skeleton to make it look old and not so white. I am excited for the holiday season to get here so I can Decorate for Christmas too. Not much else going on here. Had to call my grandson and wish him a happy 9th birthday and he is in 4th grade this year and loves it so far. He was homeschooled last year. He is in a private school which is good cause he needs to socialize and have friends. Oh well...Ill post some pictures later on of Emma and Emmett.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
So happy to hear that you're all healed up from that nasty sinus infection. I'm so glad that I don't get them like I used to.

Emma sounds like a ferocious little feed bag :laughing6:
Had Emilio stopped shedding since you got him? ;)
Sounds like Emmett's getting ready for brumation.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Well I am all well finally and it feels so good to feel good again. I have been so busy making things for the yard for Halloween its not funny.

Emma is doing really well and still eats all her salad and all her bugs. She loves the small super worms and attacks them with a vengeance. She is now completely shed and happy. She was so itchy rubbing on everything she could. I put some rough dry wash cloths I got her cheaply at Walmart in her tank and she rubbed them and it helped get the shed off. She is going to be Emily's color. She is a pretty red orange with clear nails, as far as I can tell they are clear. She is going to be so pretty when she grows up.
Emmett is still tired but will eat and bask. Spends a lot of time in his bed though all droopy eyed. He gets his bath still and drinks a lot of water still so that's good. When he eats he doesn't want a lot of food but will eat only once a day.
Finally Emilio has stopped shedding. he is really pretty with his bright green and orange bars. he still loves his hornworms and superworms. I still love watching his eyes going in two different directions, its freaky a bit.
I will try to post some pictures soon for you all to see Emma and how much she has grown. Not the little baby she was when I got her.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I am so sorry I have not been here lately. This is my busy time of year and will be through Christmas. That being said, Emmett, Emma and Emilio are doing well. Emma just finished another big shed and Emilio is shedding AGAIN! Emmett is still a bit sleepy but is active till about 5 pm then its onto his bed for night night. Emma is eating well out of her bowl for both salads and bugs, she loves dubia and small supers. Hornworms are attacked with a vengeance by all 3. Emma is really growing. almost 100 grams now if not a little over since I last weighed her.
Weather has been good so got some more of my projects done so I can start decorating the yard. At least get the tombstones and fences in. Big stuff can wait till the day before Halloween so it doesn't get stolen or messed up if it should rain. Got my faux fire pit done and my little demon fairy done that will sit in my tree under green lights.
MY FIREPIT I made today for my yard
full

Emilio
full

Will get some good pictures of Emma and post them tomorrow. I haven't taken any recently but will. Also will upload new ones of Emmett after I take some. I have just been so busy. They are not neglected, they are well cared for in spite of being busy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom