Emmett, EMILIO, Emma..RIP sweet Emily

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
We all understand, Tonja. My opinion is this: yes, we miss those we've lost (Bill and I have lost a total of 5 since August of 2006) we loved them all, some seemed more special than others, but all were loved equally. There is always another one to love like those we loved and lost before. Two of the beardies we lost seemed to love to learn. Miss O (she and Miss Y were the first two we were given) loved to learn and Bill showed her a lot of things. Goldie was another one that liked to learn. Bill would orient her when we were riding our quads out on various trails and would turn on another road. One time he couldn't remember which way we turned but because he oriented Godle, she was able to let us know which way we had come. Bill would always show her when I was taking a shower then one time I was turning the shower on and showed her and told her how I did it and when I turned the nob to shower her eyes said "Oh, there it is!" There are things you will never forget about Emily and you will always love her. We lost Goldie three years ago at the end of this month) then we got Lil Squirt, the most stubbornnest beardie we have ever had.

You are right to get another one, you have room enough to love this one and still have room for the two you lost in there.

BrendaKay

Juvie Member
Trying to catch up here as much as possible and saw that sweet Emily passed away! OMG I'm so sorry!! RIP sweet girl - I'll miss hearing all about your housekeeping antics.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
fed ex tracking if you want to track Elyssa, she should be here tomorrow between 110:30 and noon.

Emmett is doing well and so is Emilio and I miss my sweet Emily so very much. I still cannot believe my sweet girl is gone.

Elyssa will be loved just as much but differently since she is a different dragon. I wont sleep well tonight knowing she will arrive tomorrow morning. Its just so bittersweet like with Geico. Rip my sweet baby girl I love you so much.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I'm so sorry to hear about Emily, Tonja, I know how much you're missing your sweet girl. I'm the same as you, even though I go through grief on losing a beloved dragon, I can't stand to see an empty tank. That's why I have Nathaniel, Cierra and Castiel now. I think they all were presented to me by the dragons I lost, Lonzo, Didi and Puff. I've always felt that way. My dragons, like yours, are and were spoiled rotten, always, as why else do we have them? My heart breaks over your loss of Emily (darned eggs anyway) but welcome Elyssa! You'll be so happy to get her tomorrow, I'll be checking your post tomorrow afternoon.

Take care, sweet lady, you and your vet did everything for sweet Emily. I'm glad she's buried beside Geico, now they're together over the rainbow bridge, just like my lost babies.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I was in the middle of feeding Emmett and Emilio at 10 am this morning when the doorbell rang. I have run to the window looking for fed ex for an hour and think I wore a new path in the carpet, carpet can wait :lol: I answered the door and there stood the most beautiful sight, a fed ex man <who wasn't bad looking himself> with a little white box. I signed for the box and walked inside. I set the box on the table and grabbed a knife to carefully opened that precious white box :blob8: I carefully took out the Styrofoam lid and all the newspaper and there sat a little white bag that was wiggling all over the place. I untied the box and inside was my beautiful Elyssa struggling to get out. She literally ran out of the bag and up to my shoulder. She has already had a bath and drank a lot of water and pooped a little. <Nothing like a drawn out story huh> I put Elyssa in her tank and fed her and she quickly gobbled up her crickets from the tongs before I could drop them one by one into her tank. She explored her bed and is now happily basking. She already loves being handled and has NO stress marks at all. She is quickly acclimating to her new home.
She is a hypo het translucent whatever that means and her colors are gorgeous. I cannot see well enough but think she has clear nails, I don't see any black on them but she has regular beardie eyes. She's so sweet! The funny thing is, is that as soon as I put her in her tank Emmett started waving which he has not done since he was a baby :lol:
Anyway meet Elyssa
My precious white box arrived at 10 am
full

from box to bath since she pooped in her little bag and was a bit of a mess lol
full

She seems to like her bed
full

full

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
The breeder shipped her from California about 5 pm yesterday so she wasn't in the box that terribly long. I need to figure out what a hypo het translucent is exactly. Yes she's doing great, already drank ate and is now basking. I think once she's warmed up she will explore more of her tank <formerly Emily's tank>. I still miss Emily terribly and still shed tears over her. I already love Elyssa and she is no replacement for Emily, BUT, Elyssa moved her chair a bit. I think its Emily saying yes mommy I approve!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I'm sure it was, Emily letting Elyssa know that she has to start moving furniture as that's what's done in Emily's tank. She's soooo cute! I'm so glad she got to you on time, too. You're going to have another girl to love :D

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Elyssa has already kicked a pillow off the bed onto the floor little devil :lol: I weighed and measured her and shes 51 grams and 10 1/2 inches long so much bigger than the 7 grams I got Geico, Emily and Emmett at. She is bouncing all over her tank and just had her outside for minute, she doesn't mind being outside which is good.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Tonja":3uba2b60 said:
I already love Elyssa and she is no replacement for Emily, BUT, Elyssa moved her chair a bit. I think its Emily saying yes mommy I approve!
<crying happy tears>

Congratulations! Elyssa is beautiful! I love the coloring on her back.

Gianna is a "het for hypo", and she has clear nails. Apparently, Digi carries the gene from her parents (can't remember if it was dad or mom). Other than having clear nails, I can't remember what other traits they hold or how 'special' they are.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Elyssa was hatched may 12th this year.
Elyssa is a hypo het translucent. I did look at her nails under a magnifier and there is a teeny tiny almost unseen black line in them. Its really faint. She carries hypomelanistic <sp> trait but its not visible according to what I read.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Elyssa fell asleep in her bed, so cute, she just opened her eyes for the flash and went right back to sleep
full

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Tonja":1xhhi3f2 said:
a hypo het translucent
I have read the definitions regarding this and other's like it so often but I still don't remember the correct definitions and I probably won't.

Elyssa is adorable! I'm looking forward to watching her grow up through your pics of her. Our girls love to be on our shoulders more so than in their tanks. We have had them on our shoulders while we are doing other things, keeping them safe from falling. If it seems like they are going to fall, we put them back in their tanks. They usually aren't happy to go back there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom