Emmett, EMILIO, Emma..RIP sweet Emily

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Emily just makes me laugh out loud when I read of her antics.

Those fabrics are really nice, love the bright coloured one & the animal print, too.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Tonja":3ekkamy1 said:
Gina these are the 4 fabrics I chose for you for beds, hope you like them.
full
Me love them!! I especially love the minkies :mrgreen:

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Glad you like the fabrics...finished the rainbow bed totally. Its all one piece so it will be easy to wash. If you don't like it you don't have to accept it, I will understand. I shake so cant sew a straight seam anymore but did the best I could.
full

Emily and Emmett are doing really well, had a huge breakfast of dubia and salad, now they are tearing their tanks apart as I can hear them in their room making noise of all sorts. I just know Emmett has turned over his corner ruin climbing thing. I know Emily is moving her chair around as I can hear it scraping along the floor. Both are so active its not funny. They zip around like they are on butter :lol:
Emilio was stalking his crickets. I am going to try him in a bath today and see how he does. He hasn't had one yet. Will let you know how that goes.
Here is the monkey bed, it too, is quilted and everything sewn together. The other two will be done tomorrow.
full

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Oh my, that is a BEAUTIFUL bed! Gina is going to love it!

I'm laughing from what you're describing coming from Emily and Emmett, what a pair you have. Mine get upset when I move anything in their tanks. When I take stuff out to clean, they are licking everything and making sure it's all where it's supposed to be. Gabriel is the only one, really, that wrecks havoc in his tank. He has 3 small Bailey's houses that he loves to knock down, a ceramic gecko that he moves around, and an owl that he likes to rest his head on when he's annoyed that Nathaniel it out and not him :lol: The rest pretty well leave everything where it is.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Thank you Deb. I have never made anything quite like it before. This was a first also for quilting like that. I used 3 thick pieces of cotton quilt batting for the mattress and 3 or 4 for the pillow. There is no batting in the blanket. I know its not perfect but its made with love and given from the heart. Will get the other 3 finished tomorrow. I don't have a heavy duty sewing machine so it eats fabric and sometimes will over stitch in one spot cause the layers are so thick I have to pull it. I just do the best I can with a bad eye, shaking, and a light weight machine. I cant wait to get Gina's "minkey" one done but it takes patience and I try to not rush making anything. I may have to retire my machine after these 4 since I cant see that well out of my right eye. That cataract isn't ready yet to come off, so till it does, Im scared to use the machine as I may sew my fingers :lol:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
No we don't want you sewing your fingers for sure. What a drag that you've got a cataract, though the surgery to replace is very well known and works. Bet you can't wait until you can get it done and see again. The bed is beautiful and the rest will be, too.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Are you kidding? I love them! I already know that Pookie will love sleeping on it. The girls may need to get used to a bed as they're used to sleeping in their caves. Maybe I can make a daybed out of it ;)
I truly appreciate you risking your fingers in making the beds for me.

You have got to set up a webcam on Emily's tank. I can sort of imagine how she moves her stuff around, but I'm sure it's even funnier in real life.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Emily and Emmett are not as active today but, its snowing again so they don't act up when the weather changes so abruptly. Emilio has a whole new tank interior. I spruced it up and added so much more to it as I cleaned up poohs from the bottom of the tank. He's eating though I don't see him do so, or he wouldn't be pooping as much as he does. I think he is now eat shy, wont eat with me watching him. I also need to fix some fresh salads as they demolished them, and the rest dried up.
Lindz thank you for the compliment on my beds for Gina. I am gonna do the last 3 here in a bit so she will get them soon.
Here are some pictures of Emily and Emmett and Emilio's new tank interior. You wont find him, he is in the ficus leaves to the back of the tank, he was licking up water off them last I saw him.

Emmett is running around, knocked over his ruin thing again.
full

You can just see the ruin in the corner where he knocked it over.
full

Emily is quiet and basking today.
full

full

Emilio has a new tank interior, I added some color with red leaves and pink and orange flowers.
full

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Loved the pictures, Emmett is huge. Have you measured him and weighed him lately? Love his colours, too. Emily is as bright as ever and resting for a change? She's so cute!

Love what you've done with Emilio's tank, too!

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Emmett is 20 inches long and 673 grams. Thank you, Emilo seems to like it, he is all over the new plants and vines. Emily is chillaxing today as its snowing, she is my barometer :lol: When she gets quiet I know the weather is changing. Its gloomy so she is just resting.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Finished all 5 of Gina's lizard blankets. These 3 do not have attached pillows, trying to do so broke the needles on the sewing machine. The pillows or the beds themselves were to thick to handle the bulk.
Anyway here are the last 3 and yes that is OLAF from the movie Frozen
full

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Tonja":gg1klwzq said:
Glad you like the fabrics...finished the rainbow bed totally. Its all one piece so it will be easy to wash. If you don't like it you don't have to accept it, I will understand. I shake so cant sew a straight seam anymore but did the best I could.
full

Emily and Emmett are doing really well, had a huge breakfast of dubia and salad, now they are tearing their tanks apart as I can hear them in their room making noise of all sorts. I just know Emmett has turned over his corner ruin climbing thing. I know Emily is moving her chair around as I can hear it scraping along the floor. Both are so active its not funny. They zip around like they are on butter :lol:
Emilio was stalking his crickets. I am going to try him in a bath today and see how he does. He hasn't had one yet. Will let you know how that goes.
Here is the monkey bed, it too, is quilted and everything sewn together. The other two will be done tomorrow.
full

This bed you made, I like it. It looks great! I know you see the flaws, but most won't see all the flaws. I don't have the time or energy to do all you do, considering working 30 hours a week, then I have a lot of clothes to repair that I have procrastinated on.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Tonja":x9ggh3rh said:
Emmett is 20 inches long and 673 grams.
What?! :shock: He doesn't look that big at all.
Pookie is like that too. He looks like he doesn't weight anything over 500-something grams, but when I weight him, he's always in the mid 600s, even when he feels light.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Well Emmett pulled a cute one today. I got them all up, tossed Emilio's crickets into his tank and then fed Emmett after he warmed up and gave him a syringe full of water. Then it was bath time for him so fixed his bath all nice and warm. Put Emmett in it and he just sat there looking all smug. As the water cooled I added more and told him to make his pooh pooh which he will normally do when I tell him to. He refused to pooh. Dried him off really well and put him in his tank, then I heard it. He was running to his bed from where I put him so went in to check and the little stinker poohed on his nice clean carpet. He sat there looking at me cocking his head from one side to the other, so proud of himself. I just know he was laughing inside as I cleaned it up for him. I asked him "Why couldn't you do this in your bath"? and the little stinker turned his back to me and kicked his back foot as if to say shooo you bother me. Stinker!!!!!!!!! Emily got her food, water and her bath which she poohed in...Good Emily and now shes basking.
Emilio hates the water and climbs out reaching his little front arms way up high trying to grab something to cling to, but there was nothing so he pawed the air, took him out dried him and hes happily chasing his crickets so no more baths for Emilio, he drinks from the leaves in his tank. Good Emilio. Stinker Emmett!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom