Eggs!? *updated*

Status
Not open for further replies.

flo1217

I just went to check on my dragon and feed her this morning and found 2 orange-pink slightly squishy rocks in her cage.

Are these eggs??

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Yes, those are eggs. :) That's good that you got some sand, now it's best to create a lay box. For a real in depth read on all info concerning egg laying, here's a good thread. Info on lay boxes will be early in the thread. ;
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=166108

flo1217

Original Poster
What are the chances these are the only 2? They aren't fertilized. I'm worried she might get egg bound. :(

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
There are probably more....it's almost never just 1-2. They can average from 10-30 or more. Setting up a nice lay box will help her feel more comfortable laying in a big tub with lots of damp sand that she can make a tunnel in. Read it in the link I attached. Or you can get away with something smaller like this, [ one of mine in a large cage ] but it must be " cave-like" for privacy for best results.
The sand should be damp, like when you're making a sand castle but not quite as wet.
https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/30026/full

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

She looks good in those pictures. She could still have eggs left, but 22 eggs laid already is a pretty good amount. It doesn't look like she has any left, based on how she looks.
Is this her first clutch? They can lay several clutches, 4-5 weeks apart.
Is she eating anything now?

Tracie

flo1217

Original Poster
Drache613":261601eu said:
Hello,

She looks good in those pictures. She could still have eggs left, but 22 eggs laid already is a pretty good amount. It doesn't look like she has any left, based on how she looks.
Is this her first clutch? They can lay several clutches, 4-5 weeks apart.
Is she eating anything now?

Tracie

She actually never stopped eating.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
You must congratulate her for a job well done. :) She looks very healthy and that's great that she continued to eat right through the whole process. Most dragons don't but some do.....be sure to feed her a lot + give her plenty of calcium as well as hydration. Sometimes an egg or 2 [ or 3 ] will be" leftover " and dropped a day or so after the clutch is laid. And like Tracie said they can continue to lay additional clutches..... sometimes as early as 17 days apart, but usually 3-4 weeks apart.

flo1217

Original Poster
We had another clutch of 22 eggs yesterday. She never stopped digging after the first one so I left the sand in her tank. I guess my 3 kids got to watch her lay and then bury them under her log lol. She looks so much smaller.

I did the eggs out of her tank this morning when I got off work and she doesn't seem happy with me. She has started digging around where the eggs were then walking around then going back to digging.

Is she looking for the eggs?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Could be, but she'll forget about that soon, and some dragons just keep digging off + on because they have the nervous energy with no where to go + nothing to do. Remember to feed her pretty much all she wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harobuilt
Top Bottom