easy to breed staple?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragongirl95

Juvie Member
hi im trying to figure out an easy to breed staple feeder for my beardies. i can not breed rochs because my mom will not let me have them in the house.

Cinder9

Juvie Member
Well i was going to say roaches but nevermind that. I bred crickets for a while but i hated it. Roaches really are the only good feeder to breed. I would work on convincing your mom to let you do it. Itll save you loads of money.

dragongirl95

Juvie Member
Original Poster
im trying to work her over i even suggested that i could build a small shed about 30 feet away from house she still said no

Mach10X

Hatchling Member
I still lived at home when I started and it was a big hassle to get my parents on board. I think it was the smell and the noise that turned them to okay the roaches. Roaches have earned a bad rep due to the German and Asian species. Some people just can't get over it. Sorry about that.

Just out of curiosity does your mom pay for the feeders? If so it would save her a lot of money every month.

I'm surprised that she wouldn't let you keep them in a shed or even the garage. You could try silkworms, but they aren't all that easy to breed and tend to die if you look at them wrong.

dragongirl95

Juvie Member
Original Poster
yea my parents pay for feeder 95% of time. i told them it would be cheaper but im still trying to work it over. it doesnt help that a petsmart employee told my mom about the time soe of her roachs she breed for her beardie got out that made my mo say no even more :banghead:

Vermundor

Hatchling Member
Like someone said previously, you can try silkworms. I'm trying that right now and its not that difficult. Do you have a mulberry tree on your street? When their babies you can feed them the artificial food, then when they're above an inch you can feed them mulberry leaves. They're quite easy in my opinion, you just need to be careful that you don't handle them since they're delicate.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Shoot, well if your parents are paying for feeders, I would be having them buy the best feeder possible! (which happens to be pretty expensive too) If they are willing to pay for it, great. If they get sick of spending so much money, raise the dubia question again :mrgreen:

-Brandon

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You can just buy silkworms online at a feeder store, like you would do for crickets and roaches. and also buy the food for them.

I mean, have your parents buy :p

-Brandon

Cinder9

Juvie Member
Since theyre buying most of the feeders i would suggest getting reptiworms. Not for breeding but rather for his staple. Theyre one of the best feeders out there.

dragongirl95

Juvie Member
Original Poster
i have 3 beardies so
what the best site to buy silkworms in large quanites? what the best site to buy reptiworms in large quanites?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Eh you should only buy about enough silkworks to last you about a week or two, they are really uh, (the opposite word of hardy) lol.

Mullberyfarms.com has a pretty good selection of silkworms IMO.
Not sure about the reptiworms, i've never bought them.

-Brandon

Cinder9

Juvie Member
Get the reptiworms from reptiworms.com and use the coupon code bearded20 to get 20% off your order. Your dragon will love them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom