Dusting Q

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a juvenile beardie and im a little comfused on what to dust it with. as of now i am

Dusting mon-fri with Jurassi Cal.
sat-sun with Flukers Repta Calcium(green label)

is this right or wrong

HELPPPP

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
The Jurassi Cal has no D3. D3 is necessary for animals who receive their uvb from florescent strip lights, and is not needed is you use a good Mercury Vapor Bulb (they provide D3). Which do you use?

As for the Flukers calcium, I don't know anything about it.

Since you have a young dragon, the most common schedule is Calcium 5x weekly and a Multivitamin 2x weekly.
What we need to figure out is if you need the D3 or not.

It seems that both products are calcium, but the Flukers doesn't offer much information about it. I, personally, don't feel comfortable about it. It doesn't specify whether it is truly phosphorus free, and it doesn't even mention D3.

This is what most people here use:
Calcium: http://www.petmountain.com/product/supplements/105551/rep-cal-ultrafine-calcium-with-vitamin-d3.html
Multivitamin: http://www.petmountain.com/product/supplements/105550/rep-cal-herptivite.html

I don't, personally, use these specific products, but I use something similar.

HCDbeardie

Original Poster
i have a reptisun 10.0 strip.

and on the back of the flukers is sais it has a 2 to 1 calcium to phosphorus ratio.

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
Cool.
Ok, well I hate to tell you, but the stuff you have isn't the greatest :)

You should check into getting some calcium with D3 and a multivitamin.
The D3 is essential for calcium absorbtion (sp?). Its the sunshine vitamin! We, humans, don't even get enough of it!!
You should be able to find a phosphorus-free calcium with d3 at any decent pet store. I use reptivite for my multivitamin, which you can find it just about anywhere.

HCDbeardie

Original Poster
ok thank you. im gonna go to the pet store tomorrow and buy both the calcium and multivitamin.

would petsmart or pet supplies plus have them.

also.

so i should dust once a day
mon-fri-pink label
sat-sun blue label.

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
I think petsmart carries them, but petco doesn't; at least here...
I'm not familiar with pet supplies.

And yes, one feeding a day is sufficient. When your baby grows to adulthood, you will want to decrease your supplements.. but he will also be eating a lot more veg than proteins then. :)

The links I gave you are likely the cheapest you will find. You might print them out and take them to the store, they might just price match for you! Also petmountain has the reptisun bulbs cheaper than anywhere I have seen, fyi.

HCDbeardie

Original Poster
ya they are def. the cheapest place iv seen.

ok thank you very much.

i will go to the pet store tomorrow too see if they have these. if not i will order from petmountain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom