Can’t dust

Hazelthebeardeddragon

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel
Whenever I try to dust Hazels food with any kind of supplements she won’t eat it. I don’t know why but she refuses. I have calcium with D3, calcium without D3, and a multivitamin. If any are used she may eat one or 2 bugs and that’s all. What could I do to maybe fix this or is not using supplements ok? I have a 40 gallon tank but I am getting a 120 gallon this Christmas, I still have to get something to set it on and hang my tv but yk. I have a reptisun 10.0 T5 24W uvb and a flukers 100W basking bulb.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Whenever I try to dust Hazels food with any kind of supplements she won’t eat it. I don’t know why but she refuses. I have calcium with D3, calcium without D3, and a multivitamin. If any are used she may eat one or 2 bugs and that’s all. What could I do to maybe fix this or is not using supplements ok? I have a 40 gallon tank but I am getting a 120 gallon this Christmas, I still have to get something to set it on and hang my tv but yk. I have a reptisun 10.0 T5 24W uvb and a flukers 100W basking bulb.
Try getting some liquid calcium for her-- I will post Tracies website

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
How much are you using, can you post a pic of how much you coat the bugs ? Sometimes it it's too heavy they just don't like it.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Do the bugs look like a powdered donut or can you hardly see just a bit of the dust ? And yes you can order liquid calcium from Tracie right away.

Hazelthebeardeddragon

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Hazel
Do the bugs look like a powdered donut or can you hardly see just a bit of the dust ? And yes you can order liquid calcium from Tracie right away.
July can tell they are dusted but they aren’t dusted like a powdered donut or a funnel cake. Just slightly noticeable

Chris.

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
Could also be that some supplements just taste horrible. You can also try sephia powder and just use a little less.

Do the bugs look like a powdered donut or can you hardly see just a bit of the dust ? And yes you can order liquid calcium from Tracie right away.can you post a way to get the liquid calcium cause I have tried multiple times but the crickets look like snow no matter how much I use. Then they cant move and she won’t eat them.

I am having the same issue with the calcium dust too I have tried just using a pinch and the crickets come out looking like a powdered donut. Then they don’t move and she really
gives me a hard time eating them. I use Flukers cricket calcium which is calcium fortified. Is that enough calcium?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I am having the same issue with the calcium dust too I have tried just using a pinch and the crickets come out looking like a powdered donut. Then they don’t move and she really
gives me a hard time eating them. I use Flukers cricket calcium which is calcium fortified. Is that enough calcium?
@ScooterRenee2022
Please start a new thread so we can respond to you and not get the people mixed up

Hazelthebeardeddragon

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Hazel
Don’t dust them with so much just do a pinch

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom