Dubia newbie here! Advice please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got my first order of dubias today! I'm so excited!!

I know they like humidity, etc.

I'd love some ideas on how y'all take care of them!! Thanks!

unkempt1

Juvie Member
Dragonmommie":21w9n1jh said:
I got my first order of dubias today! I'm so excited!!

I know they like humidity, etc.

I'd love some ideas on how y'all take care of them!! Thanks!

You may get some replies if you ask more specific questions to their care. :D There are also care sheets out there that can get you started, if you don't know what questions to ask as of yet.

Dragonmommie

Original Poster
Thank you unkept1. Sorry I shot off an ambiguous post. Lol. Too excited I to get them crossed over to roaches I guess...

Jessi - I had run across several care sheets for dubias, but this is by far, the most awesome one!! I'm so glad I didn't order from anyone else this weekend. I'll be ordering a starter colony from them today. I'm so happy to heard yours is doing so well!! With two dragons, I needs a lot of critters and this sounds perfect. These guys had some great practical ideas!!

Thanks!!

Jenn

jdeanjr

My setup is pretty simple, I have a large 32g tub with a 16x16 tile underneath that the heatpad sits on(just to reduce the heat on the carpet) under the tub. 7 egg flats inside standing vertically. I bought a 1.39 dog food/waterdish, sanded it with rough sand paper so they can climb in and out. i use one side for roach chow, the other for water crystals. i have a small 3x3 hole cut in the lid above the food with screen mesh hot glued to it. Temps stay 85-95 in the bottom of the egg flats, 80 at the top, and mid 70s on the food end. humidity stays 50-60. Throw oranges and bread in here and there. This is my breeder bin. I have a 19g bin that it on top of the breeder, same setup inside, no heatpad under but i use a black light for heat on the top. they seem to be growing like crazy and producing more than ill ever use.

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
I have a 20L with a med heat mat on one side, about 20 egg flats and a plastic pet dish sanded out (brilliant idea for water crystals btw). The lid is a screen and they are in my basement in a half finished closed (plastic sheeting on on side, drywall on two, wood shelf above and foam "door". The tank is on casters so I can move it easily. They get fed veggies (leftovers from dragon and our food) and chicken mash when we are low on veggies. I get a fair amount of deaths (and I am guessing its from poorly washed veggies) but the growth rate has always way exceeded the die offs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New & NoClue
Top Bottom