do i need to let my mvb bulb burn in, its a trex active uv

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheese

Hatchling Member
They say twelve inches away at a minimum and i heard that it has very fast decay and it can be lowererd to 12 inches afteer 50-75 hours?

bayoupig5

Sub-Adult Member
cheese":5fa8d said:
any body thier

I asked the same question in an earlier thread about "burn in" on a Reptisun 10.0 Tube. I got no response either, so either nobody really knows or just keeps the same distance regardless. In my case I am just going to keep the same light to platform distance and save the hassle of arranging everything around. Sorry I cannot help.

frank79

Hatchling Member
Hi
I let mine burn in for 24 hrs just for the reason the output will be at its highest because its new and i also can monitor it for flickering and even going out before i let it go near nandos viv.Although it might just be me being carefull but better to be safe than sorry.

I too have a MVB arriving today being used for the first time... I do recall a post saying to burn it in for the amount of time you would normally use it..14 hours.. so thats what I plan on doing unless I can find otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom