Digital Thermometer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KINGSAME

Hatchling Member
The one I was looking at comes with a probe. Where would one place the probe? Are there ones out there without a probe? Wich one would you suggest?

Sorry for posting so much, but I am new at this and want to do what is best!

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Here's a picture of the AcuRite brand that is sold at Walmart for about $12. Since this one gives both the basking & cool side temp at the same time, like beardie parents said, you lay the probe end so that it is resting on the basking surface with the thermometer part on the cool side, wait about 45 min for the temp to stop rising and the "out" reading will be for the basking & the "in" reading for the cool side. If you get a digital with probe with only 1 readout, it would cost about $8.00 but you would have to test each side separately waiting about 45 min each time & moving the probe from the basking to the cool side. The $12.00 one also has a humidity readout. You should find these thermometers in the area where the plastic outdoor thermometers are sold.
100_0297.jpg

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
diamc":31155 said:
Here's a picture of the AcuRite brand that is sold at Walmart for about $12. Since this one gives both the basking & cool side temp at the same time, like beardie parents said, you lay the probe end so that it is resting on the basking surface with the thermometer part on the cool side, wait about 45 min for the temp to stop rising and the "out" reading will be for the basking & the "in" reading for the cool side. If you get a digital with probe with only 1 readout, it would cost about $8.00 but you would have to test each side separately waiting about 45 min each time & moving the probe from the basking to the cool side. The $12.00 one also has a humidity readout. You should find these thermometers in the area where the plastic outdoor thermometers are sold.
100_0297.jpg

I'm totally getting one of those! Thanks for sharing!

KINGSAME: I am with you 100%, I'm getting a Beardie this winter and everything is so hard to figure out!! Even a thermometer needs a lot of consideration, lol. But it's worth it to have a healthy, happy pet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meljorogers
Top Bottom