Dennis new viv!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seacow

Hi all,
Finally Dennis' new viv is finished and the boy seems happy! :D Kevin (the OH) built the viv and did the electrics and I did the interior fake rocks and stuff...
Thanks for looking :wink:
HPIM0407.jpg

HPIM0404.jpg

HPIM0400.jpg

HPIM0397.jpg
[/img]

Seacow

Original Poster
Thanks guys! And yes he does know it....Nothing fazes him when he's in there, Leon the Iguana comes out for a run and spends all his time glaring at Dennis and flapping his dewlap around and Dennis just give a side eye down at him and then closes his eyes as if to say "Begone you ugly dinosaur thing, I grow tired of you". I wouldn't mind but Leon is about ten times the size of Dennis!! :)

BadCon

Sub-Adult Member
Looks great, though I would be concerned about the wood chips with my licker.

Rockwall is fantastic however!

tillywally

Hatchling Member
How did you build the "rock" wall and cave? That is absolutely amazing! I think I may start on something like this for my new tank I'm getting this weekend :)

CROCadoodledoo

Hatchling Member
Wow that looks amazing! I bet it takes alot of spare time to do!! I'd like to build my own when I get abit of spare money :)

Seacow

Original Poster
Wow... thanks to all for the kind comments :wink:
In reply, it didn't actually cost that much, I'd say in total it cost around €50, maybe €55. I bought a bale of styrofoam sheets, two bags of bathroom grout, some liquid nails(about four tubes) and a tub of non-toxic PVA sealant. Broke up the styrofoam, stuck it into the shapes I wanted, and started grouting. Five coats in total, three quite thin and two thick coats.Then sealed it with PVA mixed with water in a spray bottle, six coats this time. Stuck in a bit of plastic tree and that was that! I'd work on it for a couple of hours each evening in the garage (Kevin let me use his 'man-cave' for the occasion :D) and it took about three weeks. The longest bit was waiting for the various layers to dry!
Once again, thanks for the nice things you all posted! As you can see Dennis is happy with it!
DSCN1162.jpg

GetAttachmentjvmk.jpg

Seacow

Original Poster
The other half is as we speak sitting beside me on the couch, drawing up plans for the upgrade on the leopard gecko enclosure....I can hear the cogs in his head grinding as I type. No doubt I'll be grouting caves again in the near future LOL! I'd LOVE to do this for a living but as we live in a wee village on the west coast of Ireland (and we are known locally as 'the Lizard people' :roll: :lol: ) theres just not that much call for it!
Shame, I really enjoyed myself :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoonBug
Top Bottom