Enclosure update!

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Leo
I haven’t got the enclosure quite finished yet, I have to pick up some clear silicone to bind my pieces of wood together and add the coconut coir once it’s finished drying. This is what I have so far! Here are some pictures:

1704775661563.jpeg

The rough looking substrate is excavator clay sprinkled over the sand (also mixed with clay underneath) to hopefully allow burrowing.
1704775682735.jpeg

Leo seems curious about his new substrate (clay/sand mix at the moment), he’s already been digging in his hide ❤️ it’s the first time in his 11 months of living to be able to do so, which makes me so happy 😁

I don’t have temps just yet, but I do have distances all written down. The UVB is 20-22” above the substrate, and the basking bulb will be 7” above his branch once it’s placed inside. The basking cage is coming this week.

I’ll keep everything updated as soon as I get it all in order.

NickAVD

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Foxy
I haven’t got the enclosure quite finished yet, I have to pick up some clear silicone to bind my pieces of wood together and add the coconut coir once it’s finished drying. This is what I have so far! Here are some pictures:

View attachment 86540
The rough looking substrate is excavator clay sprinkled over the sand (also mixed with clay underneath) to hopefully allow burrowing.
View attachment 86541

Leo seems curious about his new substrate (clay/sand mix at the moment), he’s already been digging in his hide ❤️ it’s the first time in his 11 months of living to be able to do so, which makes me so happy 😁

I don’t have temps just yet, but I do have distances all written down. The UVB is 20-22” above the substrate, and the basking bulb will be 7” above his branch once it’s placed inside. The basking cage is coming this week.

I’ll keep everything updated as soon as I get it all in order.
The substrate looks really cool! Now Leo will be able to dig holes, which means his muscles will be in good shape.

Chris.

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
The loose substrate is looking really good and is way more natural for him. Leo seems quite happy to engage in his new home and I'm sure he'll mess it up soon (in a good way....kinda) ;)

J4ckdaw-

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Leo
The loose substrate is looking really good and is way more natural for him. Leo seems quite happy to engage in his new home and I'm sure he'll mess it up soon (in a good way....kinda) ;)
Oh, he sure has! Not even a day in and he’s already dug out the entire corner + in his hide, he’s covered in sand now! He seems alert and happy, no signs of stress or anything. I guess I got lucky, with such a relaxed boy 😁

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quantum
Top Bottom