Deformed Beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

XtinaBeardieMom

Juvie Member
The UVB light will need to be replaced every six months. The liquid calcium should last you 6-12 months depending on how much your dragon weighs, since the dosage will be dependent on her weight. Were you able to get a gram scale? Or you can use a kitchen scale if you have one. I know that's a lot of things to acquire... you're doing a great job with her so far!! :blob5:

XtinaBeardieMom

Juvie Member
Sonador":2hn2zod8 said:
XtinaBeardieMom":2hn2zod8 said:
Or you can use a kitchen scale if you have one.

We have a...bathroom scale? xD

Hmmm... well, that could potentially work if your scale is accurate up to 2 decimal points lol. However, it would be a lot easier in the long run if you could get a digital gram scale. You can usually find a good one for $20-$30. I have this one & it works great >>> http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0007GAX04/ref=mp_s_a_1?pi=SL75&qid=1349058818&sr=8-1

Sonador

Original Poster
I just fed Lyra three superworms. The owners claimed she's never eaten one, but man did she gobble those suckers up! She was asleep in the corner, I set one worm down, turned away for a second and it was gone! What a good girl.

Is three fine? Should I have given her more or less?

lauraj1055

Gray-bearded Member
Sonador":1f456y3a said:
I just fed Lyra three superworms. The owners claimed she's never eaten one, but man did she gobble those suckers up! She was asleep in the corner, I set one worm down, turned away for a second and it was gone! What a good girl.

Is three fine? Should I have given her more or less?

3 is good to start with.. you can give her 2 or 3 more today to make sure she is digesting them fine.

Sonador

Original Poster
Alright. I gave her two more last night, so a total of five...I hope she digests them fine.

I found a container of waxworms that I never used and gave her one of those too...is that okay?

I'll post a picture of her current setup soon.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's good that she is eating feeders now. :D Wax worms are quite fatty so if she needs to put on a little wt, you could feed her a few of those. They are addicting though, like candy to humans.

Sonador

Original Poster
(I took a much better, higher quality photo on my iPad, but I couldn't figure out a way to get the picture from my iPad...to here. :/)

scaled.php

It's not very expensive or naturalistic looking, but it's keeping her alive...

The rock in the corner is her backing rock. The cardboard box is her hide. The small plastic bowl is for food purposes, and the giant water bowl is empty. Lyra likes to climb in and around in...she sometimes wedges herself between the glass and the bowl...what a weirdo.

She has a heating pad, but it's not plugged in. I have a UVB light, but no bulb in it-yet. We ordered the bulb last week, so it should be here by tomorrow.

Here's the lamps:

scaled.php

Oh, and just for fun, here's me trying to show you how much I appreciate all your guy's help:

scaled.php

lauraj1055

Gray-bearded Member
You're so cute :D

You're doing a great job.. besides being a little squiggly she is looking really good. How about a cute picture of the 2 of you together :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meljorogers
Top Bottom