Crix like to hide under the reptile carpet

Status
Not open for further replies.

iradog85

I was thinking I could tape under the edges of the carpet to prevent the little bumps that leave enough room for crix to crawl under. Any other suggestions?

john_ny217

Juvie Member
is it bumpy because it is new or is it because its bigger than the cage itself? if it is because it is brand new then it will flatten out over time, however if it is too big then just cut it to fit the cage.

just lay like your beardies rocks or hides or whatever else that is flat and heavy in the tank, take them and lay them in all four corners or wherever the bumps are and within like a day they should be gone.

iradog85

Original Poster
john_ny217":4ad27 said:
is it bumpy because it is new or is it because its bigger than the cage itself? if it is because it is brand new then it will flatten out over time, however if it is too big then just cut it to fit the cage.

just lay like your beardies rocks or hides or whatever else that is flat and heavy in the tank, take them and lay them in all four corners or wherever the bumps are and within like a day they should be gone.

It's fairly new....like a week old. It was a little too big so I trimmed some more off the edge and now it fits better. I'll give it a day or two and then I'll tell you if it worked. Thanks for the advice! I don't know what I would do without this website and help from people like you. :D :blob5:

I have the same issue. I've had my carpet for a couple of months and it seems to shrink up a little after washing it. I noticed today that I can strech it back to the correct length and was thinking that I could put the "male" side of some velcro in the bottom of the tank to hold it in place/hold it down. I plan to buy some tomorrow and will let you know how it works.

boxers

Hatchling Member
i have reptile carpet, and i just used one side of the velcro with sticky backing and i just put that in the corners and middle of the sides of the tank (20gal). the worst iv seen was the crickets just being able to fit there heads in. i had med/small crickets. just make sure you cut the carpet to fit as perfect as possible to make it the most cricket proof.

NickZafo

hey,

i had the same problem for a while but my dragons are perfectly ok with coming out of their viv to hang out in a feeding bin for a little with they eat their crickets. it keeps the viv clean and there's no possibility of crix goin under the carpet :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom