Crickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

forzaroma

My 21 weeks old BD has decided to stop eating crickets completly in the last week, he will eat fruit,veg,mealworms. Just wondering what could be the problem, could they be too large???

patrickb

Juvie Member
They could be too large, but he may just be tired of them. The crickets should be no wider than the space between the beardies eyes. If they are wider than that, they are too large.

If he is tired of them, consider another feeder like silkworms, phoenix worms, roaches etc... Whatever you do, please do not feed anymore mealworms. Mealworms have a high chitin:meat ratio (meaning they have a lot of undigestible exoskeleton to the meat) and this carries with it a high risk of impaction, which is not good at all. They also are not very nutritional and should just not be fed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom