Canned crickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucian823

One question...how are those cooked mini crickets in the can? I would not feed my beardie those solely. I believe live is better, but was wondering how those canned crickets are? Does anybody have advice? I am not a beardie owner as of yet.

LJean

Extreme Poster
I haven't tried them because my dragons won't eat the bugs unless they are live.

I was given a can of them and the grasshopers. My beardie loved them, so did my cats. :? As a treat I think they are fine. I also like to keep something like that on hand as "emergancy food". This is my opion.

sandyvern

Hatchling Member
I have used the large crickets and the small cricket versions as a back up and my beardies love them. I think there is probably some controversy about using them at all...but I think they are ok. :D

diggerdrake

Juvie Member
I have a rescue that is about 1-1/2 to 2 years old and he was raised on the canned crix. it took some time but the only live feeder he will eat on his own is supers. but also I believe that he was raised under a reptiglo compact bulb in a 29 gallon tank. now he is much happier in his 125 with the reptisun 10 linear. I think that the canned can be used as a back-up or as a treat. but I believe the best way to ensure that you don't run out of feeders is to raise them. crix are a challenge just cause they are crix. but research other feeders and there are a few options for easily raised feeders such as roaches and super worms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom