Can beardies play in a sprinkler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can they play in something that's not a bath? Like a lightly spraying sprinkler? Not a pool though! Just wondering!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Sure, if they want to. Just watch the reaction to make sure it isn't causing stress. They've been known to stand upright in rain and tilt their heads forward to funnel rainwater down to their mouth and have a drink.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Not so sure your beardie was enjoying that. The water must have been VERY cold.

JayceeBuddy67

Juvie Member
Original Poster
It was actually fairly warm, about 70-80. Last time I took her out, she actually ran around and then basked for awhile. The temp out side was about 100.

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
She doesn't look like she minds too much.
I'll sprinkle pepper from the hose, sometimes he will scrub around in the water and other times he will move away. I expect if she found it too unplesant she would try to move.

onceblue

Hatchling Member
Here in Texas, hose water tends to be very warm in the summer. Even if I let mine run for a while, it still doesn't get cold. It's way too hot for that out here!

JayceeBuddy67

Juvie Member
Original Poster
onceblue":3nnvfo93 said:
Here in Texas, hose water tends to be very warm in the summer. Even if I let mine run for a while, it still doesn't get cold. It's way too hot for that out here!

I live in Texas too! It wasn't too hot that day.

JayceeBuddy67

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I may try taking her out again today. Her "brumation" is gone now? She is now basking like normal. Any ideas?

erikadickson

Hatchling Member
diamc":1rap40pg said:
Not so sure your beardie was enjoying that. The water must have been VERY cold.

I have to agree; I'm not really sure he/she was enjoying that either. Even if the water wasn't cold it seemed to keep going in it's eyes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom