Cage surfing? Why does he do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashleyk

Is the attached video cage surfing? What he does doesn’t match the description of cage surfing exactly but he will run along the glass like this for a while.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Is the attached video cage surfing? What he does doesn’t match the description of cage surfing exactly but he will run along the glass like this for a while.
No video please post again

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok its possible shes seeing her reflection -- put some magazine pages or newspaper up in that corner outs side of the tank see if that corrects it -- how big is her tank? If its 40 gallon I recommend upgrading to a 75-120 gallon tank

Ashleyk

Original Poster
Ok its possible shes seeing her reflection -- put some magazine pages or newspaper up in that corner outs side of the tank see if that corrects it -- how big is her tank? If its 40 gallon I recommend upgrading to a 75-120 gallon tank
Okay! I will try that. Right now she is in a 75 gallon. I believe it is a breeder tank so it is about 48 by 18 by 20

Badwolfe

Hatchling Member
you might see an improvement if you cover the back and two ends of that glass enclosure. Theres a lot of reflection in an all glass enclosure and a lot of Beardies see their reflection as a potential competitor and glass surf - males especially are prone to doing this.

Make sure that your temps and lighting are spot on and that nothing inside his home is stressing him out.

If you eliminate all the usual suspects it might just be he wants out of the enclosure for a short time but make sure he's supervised at all times

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Okay! I will try that. Right now she is in a 75 gallon. I believe it is a breeder tank so it is about 48 by 18 by 20
Ok try that if he / she continues I recommend getting her/ him out for about 2 hrs per day let him / her sit in your LR window on the back of a chair or couch -- make sure you beardie proof the room NO cats or No Dogs - etc pick stuff up off the floor that they can eat --- make sure you watch so they arent getting under stuff like low couches etc where you cant get to them to get them out --

Badwolfe

Hatchling Member
Ok try that if he / she continues I recommend getting her/ him out for about 2 hrs per day let him / her sit in your LR window on the back of a chair or couch -- make sure you beardie proof the room NO cats or No Dogs - etc pick stuff up off the floor that they can eat --- make sure you watch so they arent getting under stuff like low couches etc where you cant get to them to get them out --
Just out of interest Karrie why do you recommend sitting the dragon in the window?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom