Brumating question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buddysfam

I've read the article on brumating, and I think Buddy is getting ready, however, I have a question regarding his UVB light. It is scheduled to be changed in about 3 weeks, do I change it if he is brumating or when he's done?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there....I don't usually have any lights on when my dragons brumate, they usually curl up under a log, newspaper, etc. If your beardie actually sleeps like that then you don't need any lights. You could just order your new bulb and have it on hand for when he gets active again.

Buddysfam

Original Poster
Thanks so much! He isn't fully in his hide, just hanging out and looks really dozy... He isn't eating much, some supers if we put them in front of him, but he definitely looks like he'd like to sleep all day. Do i continue to put greens in for him or just let him chill?

tgolden

Sub-Adult Member
I keep putting out greens completely stop eating. However he comes out every 7 to 10 days for a snack so if i see him stirring around i put some out then I'll give about a 20 minute soak as well. I also leave a basking light on turned down low if he wants to bask which he does from time to time. Every dragon is different so you'll just have to watch him and so how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom