8 months and brumating.

Reggie1

Beardie name(s)
Reggie
Hello all,

I am a little confused at the moment but my beardie is 10 months old and has started to Brumating as it’s winter in Australia. I am worried because he now eats every 3-4 days. He just sleeps in his cave for 3-4 days then when he comes out for the day he is absolutely fine the. The following day he is back in the cave for 3-4 days.

I am worried this is going to affect his growth. I have tried to attempt to stop his brumation but it’s not working.

I’m not sure if I’m doing the right thing or not

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It's not uncommon for a sub adult to do this. As long as they have proper lights + temps., are healthy weight and decent over all size they will be fine. :)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Proper lights = long tube fixture and they are not all the same there are 3 good ones recommended on this forum-- proper temps= 95-100 surface basking temps taken w/ a digital probe thermometer - good weight = 300 + grams -- if you need help w/ any of this please ask --

RayBB

Trying to interfere with his brumation will only prolong it.

If he comes out to eat, be sure he poops well before going into a long brumation.

Last edited:

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
This dragon is young and most likely won't go in to a full sleep , long duration type of brumation. Probably will continue what he's doing and be O.K

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julielps
Top Bottom