Broly the new super saiyan beardie

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Puff's weight has stabilized at about 520 grams. He was up to 560 at one time, but lost some when he got sick two years ago. Fortunately he doesn't seem to be losing any more, and the vet says he's at a healthy weight and has enough muscle and fat reserves, so not to worry.

Our snake continues to defy the laws of thermodynamics -- the one that says there's no such thing a a "perpetual motion machine". Hyperactive and anorexic and not losing any weight. But if all goes as it normally does, he will turn back into the carnivorous couch potato later in the season.

My tonsils are long gone -- they were shot by the time I was 5 years old. I was sick all the time when I was a little kid, but luckily I seem to have outgrown most of it.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

I might be taking a break..Idk yet. I'll let you know.
Very personal stuff happening and it's bad and not comfortable with it...maybe I'll talk about it soon.

Broly and Kane are doing better! I've stopped water content foods. I still give squash if it's fresh at the store. I have greens, pumpkin and fruit right now. Obviously I have bugs. I'm also watching my sister's son, he's 6 and has a dragon of his own. I have him and his dragon and definite female. She's almost 11 months..she eats 25 bugs a week and transitioning to greens on her own. She's 21" and 417g. She was 422g. She took big dumps lately. Broly still at the 20" mark. Kane catching up and hes turning 10 mo tomorrow.

Ok some news on Broly.... He has an underdeveloped loop of henle. Tracie says it's an extra loop in the renal system that helps kidneys uptake and absorb water. Broly obviously inbred because this wouldnt happen in dragons whose parents are unrelated. So Tracie said it's an inbred thing and my vet as well as my husband...have him on gout meds to help the renal system. Hes been tested three times no ADV. Before anyone asks yes hes on probiotics daily forever.

Kane: leg is 70% better. Hes starting to use it. Obviously no pain maybe some. I also give him probiotics for his inflammatory meds. I love how alert no matter his situation.

We have leo gecko eggs..Sonic and Shadow (parents) are unrelated theyre mates. Tom's project was to have a mating pair. The other two (being a huge Dr Who fan) The Dr and Clara (brother and sister) so we had to separate these two. Gargoyle (Raptor) has a new 30 gal so we moved Clara in Raptor's old tank (disinfected). The Dr stays with the parents. He will move at some point. Tokay (Blue from Jurassic World) will have a 30 gal for him, Dr will move in Blue's old tank.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Hi...
Whatever personal stuff is going on with you, I hope it all works out for the best. If you ever want to talk about it and you want to PM me instead of posting it, I'm okay with that. But if you don't want to talk about it, that's okay too.

I almost ended up taking an unscheduled "break" from just about all things computer myself. Our old computer crashed on me yesterday morning (after my computer wiz husband left for work) just as I was getting ready to read my latest batch of BD.org emails, and I was afraid I was going to be down for the rest of the week before he had time to fix it, but he stayed up till almost midnight last night to get me up and running with this slightly newer machine. Still getting used to a slightly different operating system and working out the kinks, and making him a list of questions, but going to see if I can make it work in the meantime...

He found a few spare parts in his collection and got the old machine just barely working, but it's probably going to have to retire. He's managed to keep it running for about 13 years so it's getting pretty geriatric. Computers usually live fast and die hard.

Puff slept through the whole thing even though I forgot to put the dishtowel over his terrarium when I put him to bed a couple of hours earlier. We had all the lights on in the living room until almost midnight but he stayed wrapped up in his little towel with his eyes closed and his faded out sleepy color, even though it's getting harder to settle him down at bedtime because the sun doesn't go down until after 10 pm here this time of year, and the rest of the night will be twilight and not completely dark until sometime in mid August. ("But mommy, I don't want to go to sleep. The sun is still up!") I run their artificial lights 12 hours on and 12 hours off year round, but the windows take care of the rest and they definitely know when it's spring.

Sounds like you've got your hands full with all the critters of your own plus other family members and theirs too!

I'm going to have to look up that loop of henle kidney thing -- I have a bachelor of science degree in biology from 1980 so it sounds vaguely familiar, but I'd need a review, especially since "B.S" was about all that degree ever amounted to for me in terms of a career. At least it sounds like it's not a "death sentence" for Broly, just needs watching. As I understand it, the gout medications work by keeping uric acid levels down, which is related to kidney function, so if that's an issue in Broly's case it may help him do better as well as prevent him from getting gout even if he doesn't have it already.

That's cool that you named some of your critters after Dr Who characters. I liked Clara. This morning's episodes were all reruns that I've seen fairly recently, so I'm catching up on my email instead, but planning on some serious Star Trek (Voyager) watching later today. Puff's due for his good morning cuddle, and if I wait too long, he'll either sleep under his little towel for half the day and miss out on a few hours worth of Vitamin D manufacturing, or else he'll come out by himself in a little while and give me "The Look", depending on what kind of mood he's in. We're almost done with the course of antibiotics, and he seems to be doing okay -- also working on some shedding on his back and some of his toes, including the ones with the suspected infection. And he still eats his roaches with much enthusiasm, even though he's getting them more often and with nasty-tasting medicine on them -- at least he doesn't seem to mind. One more dose later today and one more on Friday, and a follow up appointment with the vet in a couple of weeks, and then hopefully we're done. At least if all goes well.

I hope all goes well for you and all your family and critters too.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

Everything is good now. I don't need a break.

Broly's BMs are looking logs with a puddle around it. I have noticed pumpkin is a reddish orange look everytime he eats it. I know it's not blood because he doesn't strain and the parasites are on low key right now. Pumpkin always looks like that specially mixed with green (because of greens).
He always looks "thin" and pumpkin usually bulks him up. I don't unhealthy thin I don't see protruding bones like hips or tail. He looks like that but Tom calls it illusion of light or something because hes not by any means skinny as hell.

Kane: hes moving around better but going nuts because he sees Broly going nuts. They're both glass surfing. Hes eating 15 bugs twice a day. I don't give him that he just stops when I offer 16-18 (few bugs a time).

Eggs: all 21 laid and incubated. Idk much about eggs thats Tom's thing.

The Dr Who siblings: Dr has his own tank, Blue moved. Clara is doing better on her own as is her brother. Dr seems he was a bully to his sister. No wonder she was on the small side. Shes doing better and gaining weight.

BTS who we named Capaldi just cause we can. Hes doing fantastic nothing wrong with him. Gaining a good amount of weight. Hes also 18" long Im sure he'll get bigger. Capaldi gets free roam with the dragons (who are all supervised closely). Kane doesnt bother his brothers and Broly could care less about his brothers. Capaldi never investigates the dragons he minds his own business. They're all brothers having their own rooms in a way. They all are from Australia so let the Australians have fun together huh LOL.

It was so humid yesterday the beardie tanks wouldnt go below 45%. Im lucky no reptile got ill from the high humidity. I was feeling sweaty...so no doubt it was wet humidity. Today it's 70* and Im deathly afraid of wasps, bees not much...I don't really like going outside..I have horrible fear of wasps chasing and stinging me. I was stung when I was 8 by a yellow jacket...stung the hell out of me. I don't like them ever since. I dread going out. They're out there. Open screen window is the best bet for sun. Im too afraid to step outside to see them. Im getting therapy and slowly facing my fear of them. I do get closer and closer to them each day. It's terrifying! They fly I wanna run...I don't run I walk away slow. I hate the noise they make..

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Glad to hear that everything worked out for you. :D

I'm still trying to find my way around this new operating system. My list of questions for my tech-savvy husband is growing, but will probably have to wait for the weekend. : :? :roll:

I've learned not to be too surprised by anything that comes out of a bearded dragon's rear end, in terms of consistency or color, unless it's obviously parasites or blood or something like that. If Broly's doing "logs", then at least it's something solid. I've heard it said that they will often put out liquid with their poops, especially if they're well hydrated -- that probably helps lubricate it and make it easier for them to push it out. Puff's poops usually include a puddle of clear liquid (when he doesn't do it in the water, in which case you can't tell). We also went through the thing with the red color when we first got him. There would usually be some white or yellow urate, then this red stuff in between, and then the poop would come out last. It was a weird shade of red that didn't look exactly like blood (too bright, almost orange), and I finally managed to get a good enough sample for the vet to look at under a microscope, and she said it was crystalline, not cellular, so not blood. She told me that "porphyrins" (some kind of metabolic by-product, I think) can sometimes cause a red color, and it's fairly normal and nothing to worry about. It's also possible that he may have previously been kept on brightly colored sand and may have ingested some of it. We still see the reddish color in his poops but it's not as bright as it used to be, and nowadays we just figure that it's normal for him.

I think bearded dragons tend to have a fair amount of loose skin -- that enables them to puff up their bodies and their beards when they want to show a potential predator or competitor how "big and bad" they are, or pancake out real wide when they want to soak up as much light and heat as they can get away with it. But that also tends to make them look skinnier than they really are when they're not doing any of that -- just one more way they have to worry their human slaves. :wink:

Good luck with your eggs. We've never tried hatching any eggs, nor do we plan to. I don't think we could handle taking care of a bunch of little baby dragons or snakes. We wouldn't have the resources to keep them all, but I would have a heck of a time giving away my "grandchildren", so we decided against that a long time ago. I don't think that Puff and Squirmles are on board with that decision though, and just about every spring they let us know that their DNA still wants to replicate itself. :blob5: :blob8: :roll:

It's always good to separate siblings as soon as possible, because it seems like one always manages to grow faster and bigger and stronger than the other(s), and then sooner or later, someone gets hurt, or at best fails to thrive. And you know, the Doctor never gets to keep any one of his companions for more than a season or two. :wink:

I don't blame you for being scared of wasps. I got stung by what I'm pretty sure was a yellow jacket out in the yard a few years ago and like you say, did that ever hurt like hell! :shock: Fortunately, we don't usually get a whole lot of them in this area. Alaska is famous for mosquitoes (lots of puddles from melting snow and ice for them to breed in during the spring, and then I think they have some kind of "antifreeze" in their eggs to get them through the winter), but I can live with them -- I barely feel it when they bite me, and then I itch for a few days, and after that we're done. If I had my choice, I'd rather get bitten by a few mosquitoes than stung by a single wasp any day. :mrgreen:

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

Haha that is so true! Dr never keeps companions too long.
The eggs are leopard geckos. Dr and Clara are leos too. Leopard geckos usually live together. Sonic and Shadow stay together. They dont usually mate a lot. This is their first time.

I already had a dragon lived 10 1/2 years. Nothing ever wrong with him. So I know about dragons not much but enough to keep healthy. It's after the sweet 6 month old who never grew because of ADV (never tested but he didn't grow) kinda hard not to freak out. It was a terrible time.

Broly: no bm today but ate a whole bowl of mustards. It's partly cloudy mostly sunny. I will get the boys their window. Capaldi too. The skin always freaked me out. I learned not to worry unless bones are showing.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Oops -- my mistake. I've never had any leopard geckos so I was only thinking about bearded dragons. I guess maybe they're a little more social and not so likely to hurt each other if they live together. I've seen enough of them to know that they're cute little things, but that's about as far as my knowledge goes. :oops:

I guess our beardie was lucky that he probably had most of his growing done before he got adenovirus. We're not exactly sure how he got it, although I'll just say that I have my suspicions and leave it at that. He was pretty sick when it was first diagnosed, but pulled through and eventually improved. We've been living with it for over two years now and fortunately he hasn't been that sick again since then. In his case it seems to manifest as opportunistic infections in his joints (elbows, wrists, and fingers so far), but it hasn't trashed his liver or kidneys or anything really vital, at least not yet and not as far as we can tell. He doesn't seem to be suffering, although his appetite and activity levels are not quite what they used to be, so we're just doing the best we can with him. He's 5 years old now too, so we're not quite sure how much is due to ADV and how much is just normal aging, although he shouldn't be geriatric yet. He's our first and only beardie, so we don't have any other experience of our own to compare him with as far as what is supposed to be "normal" (whatever that is :roll: ).

You must be doing something right if you kept a beardie alive for more than 10 years. :)

If Broly ate a bunch of nice greens (moisture, fiber), then that should help for a nice poop in the near future. :wink:

Yes, the wrinkled skin can look scary sometimes. Someone posted a photo on here once of a beardie that was "deflated" and in a position that put some deep wrinkles along his side, and someone else thought it looked like deep scratches and maybe a cat had gotten a hold of him :shock: -- the OP had to explain that it was just wrinkles. :p

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

Yeah, Vash was my first beardie not reptile. I had an iguana and four types of snakes. That's all gone now and the 6 mo old didnt get passed 6 mo (still size of a baby) and got sicker and died. That was an online breeder. Told her everything and she was ...let's leave it at that.

Broly is shedding the end of tail only a scale coming off one at a time. Middle of tail is in pre shed now. I'll have to get the cocoa butter for his end. Back of head to base of neck isnt ready or left back foot. They're both still hanging on him. I have to help with the yellow shed on the base of tail/vent. I will use the butter on that too.

Gotta feed the two daytime geckos as the beardies already ate. Frogs/snails and fish need feeding too.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Squirmles (corn snake) was our first reptile and he's still with us -- he'll be 15 years old this summer and will probably be getting geriatric in the next 5 years or so (I understand the average life span for a corn snake is about 20 years, but the record is around 30). We haven't had any problems with him lately, except for the usual spring craziness. He likes to defy the laws of thermodynamics this time of year -- the one that says there's no such thing as a "perpetual motion machine" -- hyperactive, anorexic, and not apparently losing any significant amount of weight. "Squirmles the Amazing Solar-Powered Snake". :blob5: At least he's settled down a little because he's working on another shed. Maybe he'll start eating again after this one. If all goes as usual, later in the season his DNA will give up on trying to replicate itself this year and he'll turn back into the carnivorous couch potato for the rest of the year. We used to worry about him but we've been through this enough times now to know the drill. I remember my father in law (wildlife biologist -- loves snakes) getting a kick out of it when I told him that we'd finally figured out that instead of hauling him to the vet for vitamin B-12 shots to stimulate his appetite, maybe we should find him a girlfriend and let him blow off some testosterone... :roll:

Sounds like everyone is shedding at your house and mine. We haven't had a chance to give Puff his bath for the last couple of days so I've been misting his back. Not loose yet but definitely whitish and getting ready to go from his neck to the base of his tail, minus the sides, but the nice thing about that is it's on a wide flat surface so I don't have to worry about anything getting constricted and losing circulation, unlike a tail tip or a toe. He's got it going on several toes too, but that seems to be going okay. Fortunately Puff doesn't seem to get terribly grumpy when he sheds, unlike many other beardies that I've heard about. He's even been known to rub up against my hand trying to get the skin off, and making it seem like he likes to be petted. :wink: Otherwise, it usually seems like he can take it or leave it, although he does sometimes turn a happy color when I cuddle him -- big soft warm blob with lots of mammalian body heat -- that's me. :mrgreen:

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

Puff really doesnt need a bath. I hear things about hydration and baths not hydrating. I just go once a week. I was told by my vet they should get one if they're dirty, impaction or healing a cut with bedatine or stubborn shed. Well because the loop of henle is underdeveloped so overhydrating is a call for diarrhea. I can't bathe much. I have been using sea salt (pinch) in water to give electrolytes. He takes it with bromelain and allopurinol. He has gout meds to help kidneys. No gout which is good. MBD has been halted since coming home with me. Bumps along the end of tail and Tom said MBD but since we have cal and the T5 Reptisun 10 it can't progress. It kinda does progress a little bit not by much and t5 can't go beyond 14" or under because it's too intense say if we had it 6-8". I did my research t5 are too powerful at 6-8 it's better 12-14" away from basking log. We're thinking MBD is genetic at this point. He gets sun when there's sun. They're small bumps nothing humongous. Nobody ever notices the bumps. You have to look very close.
Kane is eating up to 20 bugs now! No more meds unless he gets sick.
Clara is bigger! Shes 100g I think...she was 45g with her brother Dr. Dr was always big at 99g. They don't look overweight but the scale says 100 for Clara and 99 for her brother. Sonic and Shadow are perfect no bullying or over mating.

Blue and Raptor are doing great! No health issues there.

Broly thought he would be sooo nice to bm on my nephews plush toys (2) and windowsil. I hand cleaned them and set them out to dry and wiped the window. That was his appreciation for the sun time. Im sure Kane laughed because his brother did a nice #2. Capaldi stared and then he too bmd on the kitchen floor. I cleaned that too. Everyone wants to take after Broly. LOL.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
I know there's lots of disagreement over whether bearded dragons should or should not get baths, how often and for what reason. When we first got Puff, he was "housbroken" and pooped in the water during his daily bath. It made it really easy to clean up after him -- just dump it down the drain, and the terrarium (and the rest of the house) stays nice and clean. But his poop habits have changed over the years and he doesn't always wait for his bath anymore. :( We also dribble water on his nose during his bath and slip a few greens in there too while he's drinking, and that's about the only time he drinks water or eats veggies. The water dish in his tank is for running through and leaving little wet footprints all over the paper towels when he's trying to get our attention. :roll: Our reptile vet also recommends frequent baths for both of our critters since we have issues with humidity. Here in Alaska, the indoor air gets really reeeeeaaallly dry, especially in the winter. So we still shoot for daily baths at least for the bearded dragon as well as the snake, even though we don't always manage to do it every day, and when we don't have time to do them both I decide which one needs it the most based on shedding and poop status.

So I think it all depends on the beardie and the situation. In Broly's case, especially with his kidney issues, too many baths are probably not a good thing, so it's sounds like you're doing what's best for him under his unique circumstances. Glad to hear that Kane and your other critters are doing well. Puff finished up with his meds on Friday too, and got some crickets with the usual vitamins and calcium yesterday.

BTW, My husband had a special church meeting to go to on Saturday night and I wasn't quite up to going with him, but I did manage to stay up late enough to see the latest episode of Dr Who ("Knock knock"). Did you see it? So now my question is: Are we ever going to be able to feed cockroaches to our beardies again without getting a little creeped out? :shock:

Beardies do like to surprise you with where they decide to drop their poops every once in a while, don't they? :p Even if you've got one that seems to be housebroken, you can never expect perfection... :roll:

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

I watched Dr Who yesterday. Tonight is Class hopefully if Tom stops studying at a decent hour instead of midnight. We watch together and it's a shame to watch without him.
I still feed roaches not scared of them. I don't like german ones though. Gross ones. I have discoids too. I stopped hornworms too much hydration. The others get them.
Broly eats BSFL, silk, crickets and two types of roaches. Everyone gets them too. Tom has been looking at the xray (my vet is on a family emergency) and the loop of henle is kinked instead. Tom did more research and thinks my vet misdiagnosed him. Kink is better than underdeveloped. It still works the same. It's still passing water and bm and sometimes diarrhea. So far no diarrhea for about a week now. I will weigh him this week. Kane is 415g and 20" long.
Broly is 20" that must be his final size. Kane is inching closer to 20 1/2" long.

The bath debate is annoying so I no longer listen to others about it. I do it when he NEEDS it. He won't use the bathroom in it anyway. Yours does so go ahead thats fine. It's rarely dry here...sometimes it is but after rain it's wetter than usual. Humidity at night is 75% because of that. Summer will be better we'll use a fan to move air humidity around.

I have hives today soo not feeling well. Tom offered to take care of them. Everyone has been fed. Yesterday morning before Dr Who, I had an autistic tantrum (lasted two hours). Tom had him and his friend hold me down from scratching myself to bleed. No screaming or crying mostly yelling from me. Tom and his friend calmly talking to me to make it stop. This friend was visiting from Australia (hes Australian) so he witnessed what Tom goes through. He feels bad for both of us. Tom is at school and his friend is watching just in case. I have to be watched or I get violent without meaning to and myself and others. Black out rage if you want to call it, doctors call it that.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Too bad my husband doesn't like Dr Who. He's a wonderful person and I love him dearly, but he is a diehard heterosexual chauvinist member of the "religious right", so I think he'd have a serious problem with "Bill". He does watch Star Trek with me sometimes though (no gay characters so far, but we'll see what the new series brings), and he likes some of the episodes. We also both like Nature and Nova and other shows about science and animals, so we watch PBS together sometimes.

Class comes on our cable channel on Saturday night right after Dr Who, but I was too tired to stay up for it and my husband came home earlier than I expected from his meeting so we just cuddled the beardie and tucked him in for the night and went to bed...

Can you get Phoenix worms and silk worms at the local stores in your area? I've been thinking about trying to get some but if I do I'm probably going to have to order them off the internet. This would be the right time of year -- wouldn't have to worry about them getting frozen on the way. Puff loves worms, but he's not safe with superworms and that seems to be the only kind of "worms" that we can get around here.

Finally got around to looking up that loop of Henle thing. Ok, now I remember. I hope Tom is right about Broly -- sounds like things will be better for him if so.

Broly and Kane are already bigger than Puff. He's only about 17-18 inches long. Haven't measured his length lately, but I don't think he's gotten any bigger. His weight has stayed about the same for the past year or two.

Sorry to hear that you had an autistic episode. I hope you're feeling better. At least it's good that Tom knows how to calm you down. My poor husband puts up with a lot from me too, but nothing that severe. I scream and cry sometimes when I get really upset, but I usually don't injure myself or anyone else -- I just go to bed and cry and the day's over. I'm ok alone, but I can kind of relate just a little to the feeling of not being able to control your emotions. In my case though, I'm better off to be away from other people when I feel like that, but my husband lives here so he has to put up with me. We all try to find a way to cope...

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

My episodes usually don't last long. It's rare that they do. I have certain sounds and smells that can set it off. People can even set it off. We dont know why yesterday. I don't either. Im an introvert while Tom is an extrovert. Tom loves making new friends while I stay on the sidelines because of terrible social impairment. I don't mind really. He needs to be happy too not just staying at home. He does get away from others to ask if Im ok.

Broly has to stay up an extra hour he decided he'd eat dinner 930 instead of at 5 when it was offered. So to avoid him feeling ill from lights off right after eating I'll have to leave them on. I don't want him throwing up. I read some posts about beardies throwing up because they didnt have basking time for digestion. Whatever, thats just more time to do things with lights on. I usually have lights on in the room.

I hadn't watched Class yet. Tom went out with his visiting friend and a friend that lives in town. We had dinner with him. Since his friends know what goes on with me they kept really calm throughout the whole dinner. I did too. No sudden noises or surprises that shock me into meltdown. I did rock in my chair a few times as it's my "stemming" and copes with a lot of people in a restaurant and stuff like that. People did look at us because of my stemming. Nobody made a scene about it, one of Tom's friends wanted to say something to everyone but was persuaded not to. He doesn't like people staring because Im autistic and I rock. He thought it's rude when they dont even know whats going on. I do get intimidated when I realize Im being stared or yelled at. So Tom had me sit near his friend (being out of sight of some people) because I was on the end of table. People could see me. Today was better even with hives. No meltdowns just hanging out with friends.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
You and me both -- I'm an introvert but my husband is an extrovert, but I can usually get by in most social situations and even sometimes create the illusion that I'm an extrovert because I talk too much (Maybe you can tell from my TLDR posts :lol: ), but when I get tired or upset I need to be alone, so I can only take "social" in small doses. My husband is altruistic as all get out and loves to be with people and help them directly. He gets his fix daily at work nowadays.

Puff doesn't get to decide when he eats if it's his favorite bugs -- we do it on our schedule and we take him out of his tank and put him in a separate feeding pen. Otherwise the escapees hide behind the cage furniture and it's not pretty. We learned that in the first few weeks that we had him. He has salad available all day, and we put fresh greens in for him every morning, even though he rarely touches them. I never give up hoping. :roll:

Most people recommend that you leave the lights on for about 2 or 3 hours after they've eaten so they can get some digesting done before they cool off for the night. So my husband and I have decided that when things don't go well on feeding day and we don't get around to feeding him until late in the evening, we're better off to leave the lights on and let him stay up late than to try to feed him the next day and risk letting him go hungry for a little too long. Of course, if he gets really hungry he always has his VEGGIES... :mrgreen: (if he'd consider actually eating them)

It's nice that you get to go out with friends that understand. And sometimes I don't think people really intend to be rude, they just might be curious and wonder about you, or anyone who looks or behaves a little differently from everyone else, or it makes them uncomfortable and they don't know what to do. Sometimes it does help to explain it to them so that they have a little better understanding of what you need and what you don't need -- most people want to be helpful and that could put them more at ease. Or not. :? It may or may not have been appropriate for Tom's friend to say something to everyone in that situation.

Puff is overdue for his "good morning cuddle". He's crawled halfway out from under his little towel and he's giving me "The Look". :wave:

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stocam01
Top Bottom