Broly the new super saiyan beardie

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

Well at a restaurant you're with complete strangers. I don't think they intended rudeness either thats why I stopped him. It would totally be inappropriate to yell out in a restaurant.

Tom and I agreed after talking to family members and friends. I have decided to hire a nurse...not to take care of me or anything but to watch me because of autistic meltdowns.. Maybe not a nurse...Idk what they're called. Definitely not babysitter. Tom isnt always there and niether are family and friends. Tom doesn't want me alone in case I freak out. This person would drive me to dr appointments...CAREGIVER! I remember now..hiring a caregiver. She (decided female) would only be here when Tom or someone isnt available. So not 24/7 job.

Reptiles are all good. Everyone eating and shedding.
Kittens are growing and got their shots and still not very interested in the lizards. One dog is out and Badger my service dog is inside. Hes been around he alerts people.
He won't hurt lizards hes not trained like that. Quill however is trained like any other dog and will play with small animals. Kittens are watched. They have their own room and cat beds. Usually go in their room at night. Food and cat box too. We close the door to our room and the lizards room when not home. Some reptiles are in the reptile room and some in our room. We have a 5 bedroom house.

Broly did fine with that 1 hr basking. I always give 2-3 hours after eating. Rare occasion that I don't. If he doesn't eat by 8p he doesn't eat at all not having another incident again.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
5 bedrooms, huh? Let me guess -- one for you and Tom and the rest for all the critters? :wink:

Good luck with your search for a caregiver. I hope you can find someone who will be easy for you to get along with, and who will meet your needs to have someone there.

They train service dogs to do all kinds of things nowadays -- I didn't realize you had one. Last weekend my husband and I went to a health fair and they had several therapy dogs there. One was also a service dog for a woman who had a bad back and she showed me how he could help her get up and also pick up things that she dropped.

I also read an article about a man who has a "service snake" who alerts him by giving him a little squeeze when he's about to have a seizure. Who'd have thought? No one knows for sure how the snake can tell. :?

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

Badger gets my meds. He's a very good dog. Hes about 3 yrs old. Older than Broly by 1 yr.

Broly had another bm (once a day sometimes every 2 days) and normal. Yesterday was runny. It cleared in a day...need a water meter to tell me he's got enough. Broly does well on car rides. Usually sits on one of us to look outside. I don't take him to pet stores...who knows where people's hands have been. I don't wanna seem rude I let people pet him not knowing what they've touched. I stopped going as hes healthy and dont want someone to pass something to him from another reptile.

We spent 4 hours looking for a caregiver...no luck. We then remembered Tom's mother is a caregiver for mental illnesses. She agreed she can do it since she's retired from work. She wants to do this as shes well equipped to know what to do. We pay her for the services. She rather free because she gets retirement pay. She's an awesome lady. Shes 69 years old.

Broly's foot is done shedding except for a tiny bit on the pinky. Thats being watched. His neck and back of head is starting as well as beard as they feel like paper. Hes also rubbing his head, neck and beard. Also scratching with his back feet and now he's tired out hes been working hard in the sheds. They're finally coming undone.

1 bdrm: mine and Tom's, Broly and Kane
2: fish room
3: Capaldi, Sonic, Shadow and Dr
4: Clara, Blue and Raptor
5: cats
Hamster is in the living room. Shes secure.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
So 5 bedrooms and you and Tom share yours with the beardies. :D

We have 2 bedrooms (little old 625 square foot house -- don't laugh, it's paid for), one for my husband and me, and the other one contains the snake and all my stuff (no bed :roll: ), so we often refer to it as "Squirmles' room". The beardie is in the living room and that works out nicely because that's where the funace and the largest windows are, so it tends to be warmer and lighter, and he likes more heat and light than the snake does. The only way to get the heat into the bedrooms is to leave the doors open, but that all works out -- under normal circumstances (barring power failures, etc) we're able to keep their temperatures and light levels pretty much where they need them to be year round.

Puff does NOT like car rides :( , probably understandably so, since just about every time he gets in the car he's going to the vet to get poked with a needle for some reason or other. We put him in a cooler with a hot water bottle and some towels (it becomes a "warmer") and little holes drilled in the lid for air, but it's mostly warm and dark inside so we hope it helps to settle him down. But sometimes I hear him scratching to get out, and sometimes if I open the lid he jumps out onto my shoulder (if I let him) and looks out the window at all the scary stuff wizzing by and turns all black, and we just try to do our best to cope with a stressful situation.

I'm glad to hear that you were able to find what sounds like the ideal situation for someone to stay with you.

Those toe and tail tip sheds can be pesky -- gotta make sure you don't end up with a "tourniquet". Our little snake finished his shedding the other evening, then dropped a big sloppy poop in his terrarium and my poor husband had to clean it up because I was too tired to do anything but cuddle the snake while he did the messy job. Squirmles was a little agitated and touchy like he usually is after a shed, probably because his new skin is hypersensitive, but we managed. He didn't do my favorite trick this time -- sometimes he'll peel the skin down to just north of his cloaca, then poop inside the skin, then peel it the rest of the way off, and the skin ends up inside-out with the poop inside, just like putting it in a plastic bag. It hardly even leaks, and it makes it really easy to clean it up. But no such luck this time around. Oh well.

Puff's still working on his back and some feet and toes -- not coming loose yet. Sometimes when sheds are about ready to come off he crackles and rustles like he's wrapped in tissue paper when I pick him up. Fortunately though, he's not one to get too grumpy about it. :) My reptile vet warned me that bearded dragons aren't like snakes when it comes to shedding, but I had figured as much. They can't peel it off like a stocking the way a snake can because they have arms and legs and fingers and toes, so that makes things a little more complicated. :wink:

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

It's better to have the dragons with us so we know if the cats go in there. They usually don't. They still havent noticed them which is good. It's only because we give all lizards time out when they sleep. Cats awake they go in their tanks. Dewey is a very good cat and his brother, Cracker Jack I have no doubt in my mind will attack. Dewey will probably too but we take precautions. They unfortunately found out room 3. Capaldi and leopard geckos. I haven't seem them do anything since the tanks are high and they have no way up there. They get bored...so they find the fish room again no way up LOL. They hadnt found beardies and the other geckos. They know the hamster I spray them with water couple squirts and they learn to stop. So far havent seen up there since.

I really do from the other forum had ENOUGH talk about cats and beardies and blah blah blah. Im seriously having meltdowns because people don't get that Im taking serious precautions. I get pissed as hell as they would say "get rid"!! I rather rid themselves off my thread instead of jumping down my throat! I'll jump down yours with....will leave it there. Im a very violent person verbally and physically..will I hurt the animals no I most definitely will not. Im not around them when I am. I have anger problems on top of autistic meltdowns. Usually very peaceful but upon checking another beardie forum and saw replies about my cats and beardies OMG!! Made me hate people!! They don't even know I have beardies the door is effin closed GOT IT?! GTFO my thread! I should get over there and tell them but theyll probably be big babies and report me! For what? Idk whatever they want. Im right though...im havin an autistic meltdown with anger I need to go see mother in law. Im crying and everything. they don't have a clue what these cats went through they were dying I nursed them to health. Thousands of dollars later on vet treatment they're better. Im usually on iM or FB texting lol just to destress with some friends. Two are from London and they're awesome. You and I are perfect friends for sure. Hear from you soon, SueAnn.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Yes, there are a few people on this forum who are liable to jump all over you if they think you're letting your cats anywhere near your beardies. Lots of them are passionate about making sure the beardies don't get hurt, but many of them are not too fond of cats, and sometimes they can get a little carried away. :(

I love cats and dogs too, but my husband is severely allergic to anything with fur, and that's actually how we ended up becoming "reptile people". I bought this house (my first one after a little over a decade of renting apartments after moving out of mom's) about 2 months before I met my husband, and moved in with 2 cats, 2 ferrets, and a gerbil, and my plan then was to get a dog or two, maybe a rabbit or two, and live out the rest of my life as a happy single career woman surrounded by furry little critters, but life throws you curves sometimes. I was lucky enough to be able to find good homes for the cats and ferrets before the love of my life moved in, and he still ended up in the hospital two months afterward (we now call that our "honeymoon" at the lovely expensive hotel with room service -- it would have been cheaper to stay at the Hilton :roll: ). He actually tested out as not allergic to gerbils, but the gerbil died of old age during our first year of marriage.

Then the mouse population in our house rose alarmingly after the cats left, and both of us are allergic to mice, but we don't have the heart to trap them and kill them, so that's what started us talking about getting a snake. But one of the first things we learned about the snake was that, for his own health and safety, we couldn't turn him loose and let him hunt wild mice. So we have another mouth to feed and we're buying frozen mice for him at the pet store. :p He'll be 15 years old this summer, and we still have mice in our house, and our only strategy is to try to reduce their habitat and their food supply by keeping the house as clean as possible, not always successful. It's been a little easier now that both of us are no longer working full time, but I get more and more useless as a housekeeper as the years go by. :(

I once found a dead mouse on the kitchen floor and my husband suggested that I freeze it and save it for Squirmles. My response: "I'm not feeding this to my baby. I don't know where it's been and I don't know what it died of." :?

Hang in there -- I hope your mother in law can help you avoid or diffuse the "meltdowns". It's nice for me to have you for a friend too, since I don't get out much and don't have much of an "in person" social life anymore. We seem to have a lot in common. :)

I'm planning to cuddle my beardie and watch a little Dr Who this morning -- some 8th season (Capaldi :D ) reruns that I haven't seen before... :blob5: :blob8:

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

I see it here too but it was a different forum.
I already said they don't see the dragons. They didnt get it they got too passionate. I don't think it was anyone here who's on that forum. Dewey is a disabled cat really..the only way he can even catch something is to put it in front of him. I would never do that to my animals. Cracker Jack -we call CJ can and will hunt. CJ I could never trust with any of my small pets. Hes def in it to kill it. So hes banished before I could let any reptile out. I gotta be far from Dewey. Dewey can barely use one back leg so he just lounges unless he has to move. It healed incorrectly (vet confirmed) we're not sure why it did. Took him to the vet multiple times for his leg.

Broly's weight has pretty much stabalized. Hes not over 487g. He drops between 5-10g only never more than that. He gains most of it back then BMs it out. So bm is causing weight loss not parasites or any underlying illness. Everything was checked at the vet last month.

Kane is 420g (hes pretty much started stabalizing) and hes 10 mo old. He never goes over 425g soo yeah.

Capaldi is hiding today..it's raining and cold so theres that.
Geckos are all fine.
Hamster healthy and alive.

If you and could meet up we would totally watch Dr Who. I watch a tiny bit of Star Trek. Hamsters name is Captain Kirk LOL. We have a female named Ash (Evil Dead series).

Finally watched Class! Omg..poor girl next episode looks good. Dr Who was creepy...this past episode on Saturday.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Most of my cats (before I married my husband who is allergic to them) eventually turned into couch potato kitties and got fat -- just like me. I set a very bad example for them. :oops: When they got to where they could play without getting any real exercise, I knew it was pretty much inevitable. But so far, I've managed to avoid making that happen to either one of our reptiles. I had a Siamese mix who was one heck of a mouser (probably a lot like your CJ), but my other cat seemed to be afraid of them and would apparently depend on him to get rid of them for her. :mrgreen:

Sometimes things just don't heal right, even with medical intervention, whether it's cats or people.

Sounds like Broly and Kane have got most of their growth and are probably going to end up being a little on the small side of normal. Puff's top weight was 560 grams before he got the adenovirus, but seems to have stabilized around 520 now. He seems to be holding his own for the time being.

Cloudy days seem to make them want to hide and sleep sometimes, especially if they're near a window and can see that it's not so bright outside, even if the heat lamps are on in their tank.

I think of you sometimes when I'm watching Dr Who: "Wouldn't it be fun if Kami and I could be sitting here cuddling our critters and watching this together..." that's one of the disadvantages of these long distance internet friendships.

I've never seen any of the Evil Dead stuff. Had to google it to see what it was all about.

All the Dr Who and Star Trek episodes that are scheduled today are reruns that I've seen fairly recently, which is probably just as well, because I have a lot of housework to catch up on if I can manage to keep from getting too tired and/or too depressed to do anything but leave it for my poor husband to do. :oops:

You must be talking about the Dr Who episode about the alien cockroaches in the walls, right? Super creepy. :shock: That's why I was wondering if I'd ever be able to feed my beardie his roaches again without getting creeped out after that. :lol: I've lost track of Class -- only saw the first episode. Hard to stay up that late on Saturdays. That's our only day to catch up on all the critter care and housework that I wasn't up to doing myself during the week while my husband was at work, and I'm usually pretty tired by the end of the day even though he's the one that's done most of the work. So I might have to wait until they put the Class reruns on in the middle of the day. :(

Oooh -- TLDR I did it again. :roll:

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

I really got to make these shorter. Im not much of a writer.
My passion is research or YouTube. Im a TLDR too because ADD. I start to read then distracted. I do come back and read later even some replies could be "harsh".

According to Tracie, Broly is average being 20" long. Kane 21" he could probably gain more weight to support his size.
I like small sized dragons...I don't stunt growth or anything. They eat so much and up that way. Dragons are pretty konked out, they ate but napping under their basking bulbs.
Darn storms.

Cats are well..they're sleeping right now.
Blue and Raptor are eating and watching the world from their tanks. Had to check Capaldi hes alive but asleep. Thunder storms are on the way.
I think about you while watching Dr Who. It'd be awesome to have a best friend who likes Dr Who.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Hi --
Another hectic weekend -- just now getting caught up on my email. Not to mention some good Dr. Who reruns that I hadn't seen yet. :wink:

In my opinion (for whatever it's worth), you're a better writer than you think you are. You get the message across, and that's what it's for after all. :)

We haven't measured Puff's length lately, but last time we checked it was under 18 inches, so he's pretty small too. The vet says he's a healthy weight, so I'm not worried about his size either (didn't mean to imply that Broly and Kane were too small -- I know you take good care of them). Both of our reptiles are just the right size to cuddle. :love5:

We've had some rainy days around here too, but I figure that's probably a good thing. If we don't get some rain we're going to have a bad forest fire season. More rain expected later this week, but it's sunny and windy right now. My husband walks to work but his allergies don't like wind. :(

Everything has turned green almost overnight, which is also typical around here. Spring comes late and fast and summer ends early, but we enjoy it while it lasts. :blob8:

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

It's now ending the rain! We're gettin a lot of sunny days coming. Everyone will be going outside..I'll be in the shade or umbrella...I can get skin cancer soo yeah. I can't stay in the sun for an hour like the dragons can. I can handle maybe 15 minutes at most then I have to stay out. I got a bunny hutch for both dragons blocked in the middle so our males dont try to fight. It's got a lot of room for both. Nobody is stuck in a corner. UVB rays can get through no worries there.

So news on Broly's renal problem. Definitely a congenital issue with his loop of henle. It's kinked on the left side not underdeveloped! It's fully developed with a kink on the left. It's from inbreeding. So yes, he will have diarrhea some days and more formed the next. We have it covered and we're ok with it. He gets allopurinol, salt water (1-2x/week) and small amount of black cherry juice (organic). Hes happy despite all sheds on different areas of the body. Eyelids are done. He looked depressed this morning with shed on his eyes.

Thanks Sue. My teachers in school didnt like that I would have run-ons in essays. Im not terrible at it I just forget my puncuations. I write horrors and some kid friendly stuff. Kid stuff for my 6 yo nephew.
Hectic May 14, mother's day. Mom had a party so Tom and I came over. My aunt and uncle there too my sister and her husband, my nephew. Got gifts from them though birthday is May 25. New 3ds xl, pokemon super mystery dungeon and a solar powered dancing unicorn in a case. I also got a Dr Who bedsheets and pillow case. My sister couldnt find a comforter. They were special ordered. Im sorry if it's TLDR.
Watched Dr Who and Class on Saturday.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
My reptile vet says nothing beats natural sunlight for UV, even though she knows there are very few days in the year when it actually gets warm enough to take a beardie outside here in Alaska, so it's good that your little guys will get to be out in the real sun on warm days and that you've got a nice little enclosure all set up for them and ready for the summer.

Also nice that Broly's kidney thing is turning out not to be as bad as you thought it was to begin with, and that you've got ways to manage it. Yes, eye sheds can make them look sad for a while when really all they are is just uncomfortable until it comes off. Puff has finished most of the sheds on his feet and toes but still working on his back. It has "cleared" a little so I expect it to start coming loose soon...

I finally got around to trying him with Repashy Grub Pie, and he actually seems to like it! :blob5: I had to cut it into a worm shape and wiggle it around for him, since he seems to have come to the conclusion that "if it's not moving, it probably won't taste good." It's pretty disgusting stuff for a non-insectivore (to me it smells a little bit like cricket poo :puke: ), but once the beardie got a taste of it he seemed to think it was pretty good. Nice to know that I've got something with a fairly long shelf life that I can keep around just in case we ever get into a situation where we can't get live bugs and/or fresh greens for him (earthquake, hurricane, 3 feet of snow, etc).

Sounds like you had fun on Mother's day. And BTW, I don't really mind TLDRs and run-ons. I actually enjoy reading them when I have time, and theoretically I'd have all the time in the world (even though I don't have a TARDIS :wink: ) if I just had enough energy to go with it... :roll:

I missed the latest episodes of Dr Who & Class this last week, but planning to watch another rerun that I don't think I've seen yet later this morning. Parts 1 and 2 of the "Zygon Invasion" was on yesterday. I'd seen at least most of that at least once before but I had to watch it again because I just love his little speech about forgiveness at the end. I also like the way Capaldi's Scottish accent gets even more extreme when he gets passionate about something. The previews for this next Saturday's episodes look interesting, so I will try again to stay awake untill then... :mrgreen:

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

It wasca good mothers day.

My bday is May 25..I'll be 30. I don't look 30, I look 14.
I do get carded when I drink wine. I feel more like a kid now than I did then. I have a cake it's lemon cake with marionberry filling. I know they don't sound good together but they are. My brother has a bday 5 days after mine so we've been sharing a cake since he was born. He dont eat cake but loves blowing out candles. Cake always says happy birthday K and C. It works out he doesn't want a cake for his bday. Hes gettin gifts on his bday instead.

I love Capaldi's accent! Speaking of...Capaldi finally perked up because it's nice. He goes outside with the beards...but he goes on a leash (hip leash). He likes his leash he brings it to one of us to go out. The beards wiggle out of the leash so we dont bother they go in the bunny hutch instead.

Broly looks sooo tired though shed left his eyes, beard and head.. His nose, lips, part of back (part of belly thats connected to this shed) to base, middle and end of tail, right front and back leg are all shedding. His beard turns black at times hes so irritated. He still eats and uses the bathroom. Im pretty sure he's not sick as hes not lethargic and blacck earding. Im not waiting for those signs it's just what I read when reading on sick dragons.

Kane is shedding belly, left feet and legs and head. Right legs and feet went last week.

Dr Who was creepy. Class too. Dr Who was more between The Waters of Mars and Silence in the Library. (The Flood and Vashta Nerada). Capaldi will be missed and not forgotten like the other carnations before him.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Hi...
I don't celebrate birthdays much anymore myself -- I've had too many of them. :roll: And believe it or not, I don't like to give or receive gifts (I'm weird that way), but I do like any excuse to eat cake. :mrgreen: And marionberry + lemon sounds good to me. I can take it or leave it with candles, but gotta blow them out quick before they drip wax in the frosting. :wink: (Its all about the sugar...)

Happy 30th! :D

I used to look young for my age too, but I'm afraid that now that my hair is turning gray and my body's getting fatter and flabbier every year, I'm finally starting to look as old as I really am.

Somewhere a few pages back in this thread I seem to recall that you told me what kind of critter Capaldi is, but I couldn't remember for sure and couldn't find it in all of our "TLDR"s -- blue tongue skink, maybe?

BTW, do you remember that scene with the Doctor wearing his "sonic sunglasses" and playing "Amazing grace" on an electric guitar? I got such a kick out of that, and I don't think anybody but Capaldi could have pulled it off. Time Lord having a midlife crisis. 8) :lol: Took me a while to recognize the tune -- not the typical instrument you usually hear it played on, to say the least.

It sounds like Broly and Kane are doing well. Shedding is uncomfortable hard work, so bound to make them feel a little lousy and put them in a bad mood for a while. I'm lucky that Puff seems to take it in stride and usually doesn't get too terribly grumpy about it. Also doesn't do it too terribly often anymore either since he's pretty much done growing (about 5 years old).

"Waters of Mars" creeped me out good. I still haven't seen "Silence in the Library". Waiting for the next round of reruns.

My husband will be on vacation for the next two weeks, his first real time off between work and school for the last 2-3 years (his career got derailed a couple of years ago and he took some classes and picked up an extra certification while he was looking for another job). We're not going anywhere this year though -- planning to catch up on some work around the house and yard. The fence needs some serious fixing. At least we're finally able to harvest some nice little Puffie sized dandelion greens from the backyard. :blob8:

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

Partly cloudy but warm.

Boys getting window time. Capaldi is a BTS. Everyone (except geckos) has been measured. Capaldi 18 1/2", Kane 21 3/4" and Broly is still at 20". I don't mind. They're all small enough.

Everyone's b.m. looks normal. Broly however, yesterday had bathroom twice 5 minutes apart. I guess he wasn't done the first time. He does eat a lot. First bm was diarrhea second time looked a little bit better. He's definitely got a kidney thing going on but it's manageable. Tracie and vet confirmed not life threatening at all. He got sea salt in filtered water 0.2ml only. So glad I have tile LOL. Urate is perfect. Idk how much he weighs but after dumps like that..he probably lost quite a bit. Gave pumpkin to help weight go back up. He should have weight up by next weigh day which is my bday, May 25. I'm going to see Pirates of the Carribean 5 May 26. I call it the 5th movie. Late gift because it comes out after my bday.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoonBug
Top Bottom