Broly the new super saiyan beardie

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
sweetiepie9":fclixelx said:
Oh, Broly is so pretty, glad he's enjoying his baths! Mine all enjoy their baths except for Cierra, she sits in it, tries to jump out, then gives me death stares until he bath is done...oh well.

So we're back from the vet and it turns out that Gabriel has an aneurysm, just underneath his lungs in his upper abdomen. which is an excessive localized enlargement of an artery caused by a weakening of the artery wall. There's nothing the vet can do, she said surgery could cause it to pop, which means Gabriel could bleed out. So it's a waiting game to see if it could possibly reduce over time. My vet took a blood test as a baseline, and also to make sure his results are all normal. She'll leave me a message when they come in. If I need to I can get into the vet on Monday am.
if you are talking about my pic above his name is Draconis......I do hope your beardie does get better without having to do anything drastic. My lil one will dance in his bath and go bright red to show his pleasure. :lol:

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
B39EB43F-D80B-492D-A2FA-4F50F8793664_zpsstk64hfh.jpg

Thats Broly LOL!

Anyway, an update: Broly still being hand fed salads and everything else except bugs! He'll eat those on his own. I've been playing Pokemon Go lately so thats why I've been gone about 10 days. I lost about 5 lbs already so will be walking more. It's cloudy and yeah no sun for Broly. So my fish, dead...columnaris strikes again! Frogs are ok they're in a different tank. I really really hate columnaris...this is as difficult as coccidia! They both have hardcore cleanings to do to get rid of. Broly still gets reptaboost just because it does help energy so he's not trying to sleep at noon anymore. Yup, ran into him sleeping during the day..not sure why, so yet again last Friday ran a fecal it's negative.
Reptaboost seemed to snap him out of that so hes up all day still to crash out at dinner which is 5p. Hes gaining at least 1g a day even without eating of course when he uses the bathroom it drops and his body has a day or two before it gains again.

Deb: sorry to hear about Gabriel, that's sad I hope it never pops! Broly hates a bit warmer baths (it helps the bathroom usage) it's not hot just hates it being warmer plus belly rubs the whole time (he likes that). He does like lukewarm baths.

Beardiemama33: he's gorgeous! I love his colors and him. Glad he sits there mine will too unless it's warmer than lukewarm.

Side note: Broly had adeno tests done twice both negative so far. His bloodwork is good except AST levels are too low..Tracie already overlooked it, she says it's fine but AST is too low at 12. Vet confirmed nutritional defiency...he eats but not enough bugs to get up there. Dont worry we are working on that!! He may have it all his life because hes not interested in eating more than 5 a day. Not life threatening because he'll eat bugs. Another test showed something else something is up with his stomach now he doesn't throw up or have diarrhea or have any tumors. He said it's not digesting well, though poop is formed and looks good but it's not going through properly. He sits under the bulb for at least two hours so we're not sure why his stomach isn't doing it well. His digestion is the culprit why hes not as good as he was with food. Kinda like being lactose, you eat dairy and after a while it hurts your stomach it's like that for him. So he prescribed something for his stomach it's not baytril or anything anytime I feed I have to IMMEDIATELY give him the supplement so he can digest well. Vet said he may be like this forever always hand feeding always eating less bugs. He won't die or anything it's just something we'll have keep up on my parents will have to do it too when I leave.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I'm sorry to hear he's got a stomach problem, Kami, hopefully it gets him doing better. And hopefully he won't need it for life. 5 bugs a day for a 1 yr old should be more than enough protein, you'd think at least but you have a good vet, so good that he's on top of Broly's issues.

Gabriel is a day by day thing. There is nothing can be done about the aneurysm at all. I checked with a vet tech I know and another vet and both said my vet was right. So I took out the lots in his tank so he won't climb, as if he fell that would be game over. He stays quiet on the ramp or in his tank and swims in his bath, which is ok.

Snuggles to Broly!
Take care

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

Thanks Deb, it was hard not knowing why he wasnt eating and all this time it was because he associated food with an upset stomach. He never felt well after eating I did give him soy blueberry yogurt for probiotic. He gets fed once a day because thats all he tolerates. My vet knows 5 bugs is good a day because he's now 1 1/2 yrs old. The AST level concerns the vet and he wants it to go up. He says eating more protein will bring it up but he won't get gout or any other health issues. He does feel better but still weary of eating because of the experience a couple months ago with his stomach. We do have another blood test next week to see AST as all other readings are good. Liver and kidneys are doing fine they're not working hard. We're hoping he doesn't need this digestive supplement forever too but if he does it's ok too. He's sleeping with me tonight (don't worry I have a barrier set up so I won't roll on him) because tonight black beard so he's not feeling well again. It did go away as soon as I let him sleep with me. Other than the stomach issue, he's bright eyed and active and loves to sit in the window and cuddling.

Good for Gabriel, glad he's taking it easy. He's having a good time on the ramp at least. It's not going to end well is it? How old is he? Well, I hope he stays happy until that fateful day. I love him and all the babies. He still looks like a dinosaur it's his head shape.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Gabriel is almost 6 years old, I rescued him in Apr/12 and have enjoyed taking care of him ever since. He's not very active for awhile now, must know something is wrong, but he did have a swim in his bath, which is good for him. So I'll get him back out in awhile. Feeling dizzy so didn't go to work today. I'll get in trouble, but see my doc next week and will write out all the stuff that's been happening to me lately.

I'm glad Broly has a med to help his stomach feel better. You should get a good probiotic. I got one from Tracie that they love on www.bug-de-lite.com. It's called Retophilus, she makes it herself, so it really works. I've been giving it to Imp and Cierra for awhile and they really love it, have no trouble with them taking it from syringe, as it's sweet. So give that a try for Broly.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

I'm sorry you were dizzy that had to be terrible! He enjoys the soy yogurt a lot but I'll ask my mom. She did go through the trouble of looking for it. My vet did look closer at it as did my boyfriend the test doesnt show anything that would cause his stomach to be this way. There isn't any bacteria or fungus or any parasites though he ate a gnat..weirdo dragon. He may never eat salads though I make one every day and have him eat slowly then use the digestive med on him. He loved looking out the window today, and warm so he came with us Pokemon Go hunting. I finally got that evil Jigglypuff LOL. I lost 2 lbs more this is awesome and he got some natural UVB (hours after the digestive meds). He had a great time a lot of people stopped us and said he's gorgeous and he liked the comments came home after an hour so he went in his cage and slept. He's not really sick just his stomach doesnt work right. I have Lactose Intolerance so I know how it feels.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Well Tracie's probiotic will help him, not cure him but at least put good flora back into his gut. Can you order it? Here's the link to the product: http://www.bug-de-lite.com/Products%20Page.html and this is what it's called: Reptophilus. My babies really like the taste, they gobble it down every morning, especially Imp because he doesn't digest that well either. It's under electrolytes.

Hope the digestive enzyme helps him. It's like people that don't have the proper amount of digestive enzymes and need help to digest certain food. For you, there's also a pill you can take for being lactose intolerant so you can eat ice cream and milk. Amazing stuff available now!

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

I take Lactaid for my problem. He is feeling better already.
I renewed my food stamps but my god the building smells so bad! I don't know why they don't try to fix it. I just grin and bare it. I don't know what that stench is but would be better if they could figure it out. Lucky it's once a year.

So when I came home I noticed two spikes on his beard had black tips...just those two..I thought illness but they turned normal so must've been pigment. That was a nice scare..
I gave him 6 roaches he ate 4 gave the enzyme stuff and he felt better. Orally gave water and now he's relaxing and so am I. Soon is probiotic and off to bed (I know it's early) so post tomorrow.

Mushupork

Hatchling Member
Hello, bluedragon! I'm not sure if you'll remember me, but I used to get on here all the time. Rogue and Mushu were my beardies. I'm working on catching up, but it's going to take a while. Thought I'd say hi.

I saw you mention Pokemon Go and had to laugh. I guess I though it was just my town. I've been walking around with Mushu. Lv 15 now :)

How are you and Broley?

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

Jesse! Or Im bad with names. I remember you and Mushu and of course Rogue.

Im lvl 9 almost 10 on Pokemon Go. I finally got an Eevee to evolve to Jolteon. I thought I was the only one to play. My dad is lvl 12 my whole family plays even my 5 year old nephew. I don't get out much. I lose weight when i do get out.

Im good just taking everything day by day. Broly ate well up until April 2016 took him to the vet a week ago and everything is good except AST level could be higher. He is 19 3/4" long he may break 20" but not sure. He broke Vash's record 18" long. He doesn't have enough stomach enzyme to digest food so I have to orally give it to him then later a probiotic. He still doesnt eat greens reminds me of old man Vash. He looks a lot like Vash though so not surprised he has his traits. He does statmy awake most of the day, spends 2 hours in the sunny window though lights on 14 hrs a day he still wants to crash at 5p which is fine. He is 1 1/2 years old now turning 2 in November or January Idk which but it's somewhere between there. He may or may not have to take the enzyme forever but he does feel a lot better after taking it. Go in next week to see his vet and do bloodwork to see if his AST level goes up. Broly went once with me to go Pokemon hunting but the winds are too cold though sunny so he can't go.

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
He is very cute!!! I love the yellow eyeliner mine has red with white dots.
BlueDragon09":2qenibvq said:
B39EB43F-D80B-492D-A2FA-4F50F8793664_zpsstk64hfh.jpg

Thats Broly LOL!

Anyway, an update: Broly still being hand fed salads and everything else except bugs! He'll eat those on his own. I've been playing Pokemon Go lately so thats why I've been gone about 10 days. I lost about 5 lbs already so will be walking more. It's cloudy and yeah no sun for Broly. So my fish, dead...columnaris strikes again! Frogs are ok they're in a different tank. I really really hate columnaris...this is as difficult as coccidia! They both have hardcore cleanings to do to get rid of. Broly still gets reptaboost just because it does help energy so he's not trying to sleep at noon anymore. Yup, ran into him sleeping during the day..not sure why, so yet again last Friday ran a fecal it's negative.
Reptaboost seemed to snap him out of that so hes up all day still to crash out at dinner which is 5p. Hes gaining at least 1g a day even without eating of course when he uses the bathroom it drops and his body has a day or two before it gains again.

Deb: sorry to hear about Gabriel, that's sad I hope it never pops! Broly hates a bit warmer baths (it helps the bathroom usage) it's not hot just hates it being warmer plus belly rubs the whole time (he likes that). He does like lukewarm baths.

Beardiemama33: he's gorgeous! I love his colors and him. Glad he sits there mine will too unless it's warmer than lukewarm.

Side note: Broly had adeno tests done twice both negative so far. His bloodwork is good except AST levels are too low..Tracie already overlooked it, she says it's fine but AST is too low at 12. Vet confirmed nutritional defiency...he eats but not enough bugs to get up there. Dont worry we are working on that!! He may have it all his life because hes not interested in eating more than 5 a day. Not life threatening because he'll eat bugs. Another test showed something else something is up with his stomach now he doesn't throw up or have diarrhea or have any tumors. He said it's not digesting well, though poop is formed and looks good but it's not going through properly. He sits under the bulb for at least two hours so we're not sure why his stomach isn't doing it well. His digestion is the culprit why hes not as good as he was with food. Kinda like being lactose, you eat dairy and after a while it hurts your stomach it's like that for him. So he prescribed something for his stomach it's not baytril or anything anytime I feed I have to IMMEDIATELY give him the supplement so he can digest well. Vet said he may be like this forever always hand feeding always eating less bugs. He won't die or anything it's just something we'll have keep up on my parents will have to do it too when I leave.

Mushupork

Hatchling Member
BlueDragon09":23htq58i said:
Hey,

Jesse! Or Im bad with names. I remember you and Mushu and of course Rogue.

Im lvl 9 almost 10 on Pokemon Go. I finally got an Eevee to evolve to Jolteon. I thought I was the only one to play. My dad is lvl 12 my whole family plays even my 5 year old nephew. I don't get out much. I lose weight when i do get out.

Im good just taking everything day by day. Broly ate well up until April 2016 took him to the vet a week ago and everything is good except AST level could be higher. He is 19 3/4" long he may break 20" but not sure. He broke Vash's record 18" long. He doesn't have enough stomach enzyme to digest food so I have to orally give it to him then later a probiotic. He still doesnt eat greens reminds me of old man Vash. He looks a lot like Vash though so not surprised he has his traits. He does stay awake most of the day, spends 2 hours in the sunny window though lights on 14 hrs a day he still wants to crash at 5p which is fine. He is 1 1/2 years old now turning 2 in November or January Idk which but it's somewhere between there. He may or may not have to take the enzyme forever but he does feel a lot better after taking it. Go in next week to see his vet and do bloodwork to see if his AST level goes up. Broly went once with me to go Pokemon hunting but the winds are too cold though sunny so he can't go.

Yup, that's me! I'm sorry, but I can't seem to remember your real name. If you share it that is :) It's a pretty fun game, I just wish they would fix all the glitches and sever issues. Larger towns like mine are having a real hard time with it :banghead: . I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with Broly. I hope you get good news soon. He's a handsome beardie. I took Mushu with me once a couple days ago, but he hid in my hood the whole time. He's never been one for the outdoors, :lol:

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

Yay! I was right! The game isn't working over here too well though I caught an Onix. Lvl 11 now too Im gonna start fighting other people soon...my Jolteon and Pidgeot are pretty strong with CP of 715. I did see a Lapras of 1014 so they'll beat me. Need more Pidgeys and Eevees to power up.

It's alright I don't mind hand feeding my boy greens/veggies as long as it gets in. He's never stressed over it, only if he has to by himself, weird. He'll catch up one day... Mushu looks really really cute in your hoodie. Congrats being engaged to AJ I remember you two not really gettin along. Actually...Im getting engaged too...Tom is becoming a vet for exotics and want to marry next summer. My name is Kami.

Mushupork

Hatchling Member
Hopefully they update the game soon. They're adding trading soon I think.

I don't think hand feeding ever bothers any of us, but it is time consuming if they won't eat. It's great for pictures though :D

My hoodie is one of his favorite spots, lol. My hands are to small to really support him and he scratches up my arms really bad. Congratulations! It's good to hear other people's relationships working out too. Everyone around me seems to be getting divorced. The fighting was never terrible, more like bickering.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

Yup finally got asked to be married. I had another boyfriend before Tom but it didn't work out so we just stayed friends and he has a girlfriend so he's not going to try anything with me. Some ex boyfriends try to get back together but not him. Tom is ok with him being a friend I even met my ex's girlfriend she's very nice she's being the bridesmaid. She comes over and plans stuff before next year.

I can't wait to trade pokemon that'd be awesome! Our vet appointment is tomorrow at 9:30am so he'll just draw blood and that's all. We already have the enzyme stuff which was an additional $19 on top of fees of walking in and examination itself. I'll update when I get home.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom