Broly the new super saiyan beardie

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Wow, Broly, I wish Imp would chase 5 roaches, he manages 2 and this is why I paid a large sum for 150 roaches, so he can eat 2...so he got force fed another 8 dubia today, too bad, plus he had 5 ml of mix after that. So not bad, I'll continue this until he gains more, he's way too skinny and his back seems to be double jointed. I've never owned a dragon that was that wriggly :lol: He never runs away from me, though, so I think it's some weird game. I never hurt him, just annoy him :mrgreen:

And no poops since I mentioned Cierra and Castiel and now Cierra is brumating and Castiel is thinking about it. I caught him this am awake in his hide. So I took him out and put him under his UVB on his favourite log. None of my dragons are allowed to be awake in their hides during the day, it's just the rule. So they get taken out of their hides and put under their UVB. They usually stay out but sometimes they're stubborn and just want their way.

It's just the way of dragons, right?

Oh dear, Imp is black bearding and bobbing me, had the day off today so went into town because I wanted to plus had an appointment. Got home at 6p instead of 9:30p. Imp, being 10 mo old, likes to bob us or the TV or something else, as often as possible. He's very entertaining.

I'm so glad you've met a good man Kami, my hubby Roger was very controlling, just like Tara, they could be almost 2 peas in a pod. 'Nuf said :puke:

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
sweetiepie9":tenp8nu9 said:
I'm glad you got the urate issue under control, Kami, I might have to do the same with Cierra, hers are constantly hard. Castiel, too. Maybe less calcium is the way to go for them,t oo.

So Nathaniel is brumating and now so is Cierra. She still owes me a poop, so Sunday they're both up for baths.

And big news, my son broke up with his girlfriend of 7 years (they were never married) and he's now living with me and seeing his kids as often as he can. Leo is now 3 and Safara is 19 mo, so he spent the day with them yesterday. It's nice to have him here, he's back to being himself, but stressed, but he has a good job, which is easier to get to from here. I told him he could stay here as long as he wants and I'll be renting a stall for his car, the stall beside me is empty and belongs to my neighbour, so will leave him a note on my way out.

We figure Eric will be here for at least 8 months before she's organized in a new place and he can afford to get his own place. Until then the living room is his, he works early so don't see him in the am and I'm home late, so he has a few hours on his own, helps him destress. He doesn't mind all the animals (that was from her). He's fitting right in.

Gabriel is doing well, but we think the aneurysm is leaking. But we knew that was going to happen. Meanwhile, he's got his pretty colours and his beard colours on full every day. Sweetie!
11887-241562916.jpg
He did the right thing and i love how you are actually helping them both transition. It is better to stay friends for the kids sake than to stay in a relationship that will destroy not only both of them but the kids as well. Btw your little one is sooo dern cute!!! I love the beard colors. Mine seems to stay grey bearded with a touch of yellow all the time. its normal for him and hes even been practicing the bearding and pancaking and actually got it most of the way right a week or so ago!! His 11 year old human sister pretended to run around screaming when he did it and he lowered his head and kissed at her then did the beardie smile with that smug "i did it" look on his little face!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
You're right, Beardymama, that's why I let him stay with me, even though I live in a 1 bedroom apartment. Last night, he brought his dog Bella to stay with us during the week. She's a small dog mix, very quiet and we already went for a walk. She's sleeping on my bed, she's so cute! I introduced her to the dragons but she wasn't too interested. So it's working out. I've been living alone for 5 years, since my hubby died, and loving it, it's been a bit hard to have an extra big person in the house. But I'm very proud of my son for actually deciding to walk away. He's a great dad and takes care of his ex, too, they're just waiting for their taxes to be done and Tara to get her welfare $ so they can figure out expenses. Eric takes care of the kids, but when she gets him $ not so much rent and her utilities. Plus looking for a 2 bedroom for Tara that's not quite as expensive as the townhouse. That's all in the future.

I was thrilled to get a good picture of Gabriel's tangerine beard colours. Even though he's on borrowed time, he's always so happy & loves to snuggle. So I'm off to get their baths, etc, done and get ready for work.

Nice talking to you!

Hope you have a good day, Kami!

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

It's hot actually got hot and the tank Broly was in was 119! It is the hottest part of the day..oops. Shut the lights off both of them tank is down to 83...theyve been off for a while now. Broly got some pieces of grape (again fruit is 1x a week this isnt daily) a few squirts of water and more pieces of squash than fruit. He's chilling out with me right now in the sun, he cooled off don't worry. Had my mom bring him out as Im on crutches still and will text my dad to bring him in. I hear him hissing..must be a bird nearby. We have finch usually the hawks rarely come by. I weighed Broly this morning and he's 381g possibly more after some squash just 12g left and we'll be back to where we were the beginning of April this year! Cleaned all bug bins all filled with soil and food..organic soil no additives it works for both roach and crix really no deaths. The small keepers were cleared of any dead bodies and old food well not too old like 2 days old...Broly is on a leash btw so Im not being irresponsible by not watching I have the leash in my hand. I do look and he's still there...I know most of you would never talk while outside and they can and do bolt! I promise every dragon lover here...I do no and will not let him get eaten or harmed...diagnosed not only OCD and Asperger's Syndrome I have ADD with it all. Explains why I have so many animals..hamster/gerbils/frogs/fish/cockatiel/dogs/cats and beardie it's a lot of time but everyone has a safe proof room to go to. Gotta feed Zero (cockatiel named after a chracter on Megaman X games) or he'll chirp.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

I'll try to post every day. So I cleaned up the dishes and put Broly's plastic tote in the sink so he can BM in there. He did BM however urate is back to firm like WTH?!! I kept baths at 15 not less and kept up water orally twice and daily. Some red but that can be from watermelon last week or squash is alternating itself to red though it's orange. Idk how his body works...
Anyway, no prolapse or bleeding some undigested parts obviously he didn't bask though he wanted to eat..you ham Broly you're supposed to bask after eating. Other than that urate is bright white no colors. The paper towel came out though he was trying to catch a running roach but he got paper instead...oops. Fed him squash and pumped more water in. I already done tests everything negative! He's not fat so nothing fatty liver related or kidneys. The urate though shot out of him no trouble passing it the moment he pushed it came out. He's still bright colored and happy to see everyone also comes outside and out of tank in general. No lethargic behavior he does nap from time to time but never any black beard since his laid back spring fever behavior so can't say he's feeling "unwell". His weight is steadily going up and loves squash and he's picky when it comes to food. I guess that's about it then.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

I woke up to him bbing..not sure why is the funny thing. He was awake and nobody bothered him. I guess I can say he was either showing off or moody. It went back to normal later on in the day and didn't come back so that's good it means he is feeling well. Gave papain first then squash to bring weight up after BM yesterday got water and vitamin. He got sun in the window. I need to go outside more I don't go often and September is the start of cold weather not too cold though. Tomorrow nice helping of 5 silks. I do 5 bugs every 3 days he is after halfway till he's 2 years old, pretty much the fun begins as he will be an adult and will learn his pattern of brumation. I already know he's starting being a picky eater.

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
BlueDragon09":3d6mqjai said:
Hey,

I woke up to him bbing..not sure why is the funny thing. He was awake and nobody bothered him. I guess I can say he was either showing off or moody. It went back to normal later on in the day and didn't come back so that's good it means he is feeling well. Gave papain first then squash to bring weight up after BM yesterday got water and vitamin. He got sun in the window. I need to go outside more I don't go often and September is the start of cold weather not too cold though. Tomorrow nice helping of 5 silks. I do 5 bugs every 3 days he is after halfway till he's 2 years old, pretty much the fun begins as he will be an adult and will learn his pattern of brumation. I already know he's starting being a picky eater.
My Draconis does morning beard exercises... hes almost got the pancake and head lift down, and is working on the pushing up while doing it part, hes not mad (well that one time he was mad at my husband for scaring him), hes just practicing. Maybe Broly learned about the new game? mine likes to do it and someone acts all scared (11 year old runs about fake screaming) and then he kisses at her and gives a beardie smile while he relaxes his posture.....its not the only game that he plays that is weird. is there a normal beardie out there? I have ADHD, PTSD, anxiety, depression, and several other medical conditions that make my brain missfire at times. I also have several physical things going on, so i feel you with the animals thing, my husband looks at me weird for talking to the bugs and wild geckos and other animals.... and then he talks to Draconis. This is a man that was severely afraid of lizards until i convinced him to get me a beardie! :D now he talks to the beardie.......
As fo rthe firm and hard urates have you had him checked for water retention? i have read about beardies that have things like that happen and they need a supplement of something (it varies as to the reason they are retaining) to get it under control. Also hows the toe? Feeling better? if so ill trade you , you can go get a heart monitor implanted tomorrow and ill deal with the toe...lol j/k, but i do hope it stays gone this time.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

I never though to check for that. As he goes in the bath, I don't know if he's releasing excess water like he used to. I'm going to have to talk to the dr about that. I've been reading a lot of males are having this problem nowadays. One member I email is also having this issue. So it's not just Broly but he's also turning out to be one of those boys with firm urates. He's totally not dehydrated though he was drinking in the bath (rarely does) and get orally fed water (careful with gums and teeth), calcium isn't much just .2 as he can handle it better (told by vet) and vitamin is .2 also.
Definitely not a "too much" going on baths are staying 15 minutes. He's gotten used to warmer than usual bath temp so thats great he'll stay put for 15 min. His baths on Friday are longer as I rub for a long time to get him to start storing air for pushing it out. The BM itself is fine and holding form but soft so water has to be going somewhere however the urate was fine August 5th, then the 12th it went to firm again. Im not stressed as I was with Alucard just frustrated as I followed all advice and yet still at firm urates. We've had so many tests Im pretty much broke at the moment.

I have PTSD from high school, it wasn't school itself it was the teens being downright mean and something personal happening at the school that I kept quiet about. So I've been in therapy ever since graduating. It's not too bad as it was then. To this day, my parents still dont know the personal thing. ADD and OCD developed later with Asperger's Syndrome. PTSD is something unrelated that my family don't know but my therapist does. The toe is fine a new nail is coming in. A lot of infection was in there OMG...
it's out now though. My hamster keeps me busy at night, my gerbils help out while Broly basks his 2 hours theyre usually out with him, my aquatic friends are awesome to watch when they're not sick or dead. I talk to them all, not bugs unless they get cleared out of bodies and old food and their BMs.

I love beard stretches I see them everyday. Head tilt not much apparently he never focuses much on one side.

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
BlueDragon09":2q040snp said:
Hey,

I never though to check for that. As he goes in the bath, I don't know if he's releasing excess water like he used to. I'm going to have to talk to the dr about that. I've been reading a lot of males are having this problem nowadays. One member I email is also having this issue. So it's not just Broly but he's also turning out to be one of those boys with firm urates. He's totally not dehydrated though he was drinking in the bath (rarely does) and get orally fed water (careful with gums and teeth), calcium isn't much just .2 as he can handle it better (told by vet) and vitamin is .2 also.
Definitely not a "too much" going on baths are staying 15 minutes. He's gotten used to warmer than usual bath temp so thats great he'll stay put for 15 min. His baths on Friday are longer as I rub for a long time to get him to start storing air for pushing it out. The BM itself is fine and holding form but soft so water has to be going somewhere however the urate was fine August 5th, then the 12th it went to firm again. Im not stressed as I was with Alucard just frustrated as I followed all advice and yet still at firm urates. We've had so many tests Im pretty much broke at the moment.

I have PTSD from high school, it wasn't school itself it was the teens being downright mean and something personal happening at the school that I kept quiet about. So I've been in therapy ever since graduating. It's not too bad as it was then. To this day, my parents still dont know the personal thing. ADD and OCD developed later with Asperger's Syndrome. PTSD is something unrelated that my family don't know but my therapist does. The toe is fine a new nail is coming in. A lot of infection was in there OMG...
it's out now though. My hamster keeps me busy at night, my gerbils help out while Broly basks his 2 hours theyre usually out with him, my aquatic friends are awesome to watch when they're not sick or dead. I talk to them all, not bugs unless they get cleared out of bodies and old food and their BMs.

I love beard stretches I see them everyday. Head tilt not much apparently he never focuses much on one side.
My PTSD comes from being the victim of a few monsters, some just a bit older than me (i cant stand heights because of the little jerks) and the most traumatic dealt with a full grown man down the street from us. I wont go into details because loads of people on here might be triggered, but suffice to say that this is why i dont like to be touched or crowded by random people....i also nearly passed out on my first plane ride. My parents know about the boys and some about the man but not all the details, i had ADHD before they messed me up so the PTSD compounded the problem. Have you ever tried cognitive therapy? It can be brutal at first but can and has lessened the trigger sensitivity in those that have gone through it. It did it for me and though i still get triggered at times, its not as bad as it used to be. I went from lvl 10+ panic mode, to a lvl 4 when im at my worse. I am happy to hear that the toe is better i do hope it heals quickly and that you get down to whats going on with Broly. Draconis had that problem one time then suddenly let out a huge amount of liquid with a stringy urate a couple hours latter. I panicked and read online that this is normal for those that retain then it fixes itself.....

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

So I just weighed him and he's now 384g just 9g left to go!
Originally he was 393 and then somehow the middle of April 2016 he dropped 18g and it's been a struggle and since the squash it's been easy. He just a nice breakfast of apple pieces squash later to put up the weight to lose in the bath with continous rubbing till then. I need watermelon it helps urates better but since i upped water from 4.2ml to 5.4ml I hope that does it. I've cut supplements from .4 to .2ml and upped water intake and bathing 15 minutes 2x with Friday's being longer but baths are 3x nonetheless. Im not sure what else could be a male thing but I don't have any money for a prolapse appointment so Im trying to soften them up as best I can. The only thing I haven't done was check if it's water retention see why it's not helping the urates. The first thing I'll ask the dr...I don't wanna call him vet. I do however wanna say that something mysterious is going on with him and we can't find an underlying cause and it's a lot of frustration. I say parasites but fecals come clean with a low count so it's not them at all. Well at least he's gaining weight and not dropping any and he isn't acting sick and a picky eater. Im not stressed out just frustrated that the doc and I can't figure it out.

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
BlueDragon09":21zsx2jc said:
Hey,

So I just weighed him and he's now 384g just 9g left to go!
Originally he was 393 and then somehow the middle of April 2016 he dropped 18g and it's been a struggle and since the squash it's been easy. He just a nice breakfast of apple pieces squash later to put up the weight to lose in the bath with continous rubbing till then. I need watermelon it helps urates better but since i upped water from 4.2ml to 5.4ml I hope that does it. I've cut supplements from .4 to .2ml and upped water intake and bathing 15 minutes 2x with Friday's being longer but baths are 3x nonetheless. Im not sure what else could be a male thing but I don't have any money for a prolapse appointment so Im trying to soften them up as best I can. The only thing I haven't done was check if it's water retention see why it's not helping the urates. The first thing I'll ask the dr...I don't wanna call him vet. I do however wanna say that something mysterious is going on with him and we can't find an underlying cause and it's a lot of frustration. I say parasites but fecals come clean with a low count so it's not them at all. Well at least he's gaining weight and not dropping any and he isn't acting sick and a picky eater. Im not stressed out just frustrated that the doc and I can't figure it out.
It may just be him retaining moisture, or a hormone embalance or they are just hard. i do hope he gets past this. Draconis had some hard urates...(he just had another the other day poor guy had to wiggle and hop to get it out) and then he was fine after i fed him beardie bites, maybe the watermelon will help Broly out!

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

I give up theyre firm but Im not gonna worry about it anymore. Hes not straining his butt isnt prolapsed and he doesn't seem to be in discomfort when he goes. No blood no strange colors, nothing. A bit more greenish/orange blame the herbs for the green color and butternut oh and bugs for the brown color. He finally pooped in 11 minutes better than 20-30 minutes. I've had pain between my stomach and chest for 3 days (countin today) so Im getting that looked at. I thought trapped gas but after 2 days of sharp pain on and off I feel nothing when I push. I'll b surprised if it's something serious..I gotta feed Broly some squash to up weight as some of it went away in the BM. I'll let you know what my dr says.

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
BlueDragon09":21p4wio0 said:
Hey,

I give up theyre firm but Im not gonna worry about it anymore. Hes not straining his butt isnt prolapsed and he doesn't seem to be in discomfort when he goes. No blood no strange colors, nothing. A bit more greenish/orange blame the herbs for the green color and butternut oh and bugs for the brown color. He finally pooped in 11 minutes better than 20-30 minutes. I've had pain between my stomach and chest for 3 days (countin today) so Im getting that looked at. I thought trapped gas but after 2 days of sharp pain on and off I feel nothing when I push. I'll b surprised if it's something serious..I gotta feed Broly some squash to up weight as some of it went away in the BM. I'll let you know what my dr says.
When i had that problem it was my gull bladder, i do hope its just a pulled muscle for you.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

It went away. We're not sure what it was. Took pics of my chest/stomach area. I do have a stomach bug now seems strange first pain up there now down here. We've checked for tumors-no, bacteria-no only option we came to was gas and a stomach bug (which I have now). So she requested rest and fluids and to come back if anything seems out if the ordinary. she checked my blood and Im most likely very very close on the verge of diabetes (sp?). My body is breaking down, I have sleep apnea (sleep with a CPAP machine), lactose intolerance and acid reflux. last thing I need is diabetes. She is advising i start taking blood sugar anyway since Im close. So I am no big deal. My dad is diabetic already so he showed me what to do.

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
BlueDragon09":18agv6q5 said:
Hey,

It went away. We're not sure what it was. Took pics of my chest/stomach area. I do have a stomach bug now seems strange first pain up there now down here. We've checked for tumors-no, bacteria-no only option we came to was gas and a stomach bug (which I have now). So she requested rest and fluids and to come back if anything seems out if the ordinary. she checked my blood and Im most likely very very close on the verge of diabetes (sp?). My body is breaking down, I have sleep apnea (sleep with a CPAP machine), lactose intolerance and acid reflux. last thing I need is diabetes. She is advising i start taking blood sugar anyway since Im close. So I am no big deal. My dad is diabetic already so he showed me what to do.
happy to hear it wasnt serious, as for the diabeties, i too am borderline. My body is literally falling apart as well, i have no gull bladder (went into septic shock with that one), I have no appendix (nearly died with that one but kinda freaked out the dr that i could form complete sentences with all the fallout), my upper back is crumbleing, i have scoliosis, i have severe muscle spasms that force my neck straight, i have a heart condition that they still havent figured out whats going on with, i have arthritis in my whole body (thank god its not ra), i have partial seizures, vision problems, and severely sensative nerves which are on the verge of fibromialgia....and those are just my physical afflictions....umm wanna start a club?
If you can stand it drink lots of sage and ginger tea and have some raw honey in warm (not hot) water with lemon. All o fthose will help hydrate AND kick that virus in the butt!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom