Broly the new super saiyan beardie

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

Well, I like who you are! I made so many people in HS not very friendly though I was. I made bullies somehow and nobody came to my rescue I had to fend for myself. Been like that since 2nd grade. Teachers never saw and was too shy to speak up and if I did I bet I would get bullied worse and called tattletale. So I learned how to fight by the time I was 8 and I know fighting isnt the answer but I was so sick of being picked on when I didn't do anything to anyone. So I whipped a lot of kids even in HS, suspended for fighting but hey whatever they should have shut their stupid mouths. Got better in 9th and 10th grade, 11th and my second 12th (held back :roll:) got picked on again so I fought them. My first year being in 12th was good suppose it was a matter of time before someone decided to be a stupid j e r k. Reasoning with kids in school is totally not working you can't talk like adults. They don't want to they rather fight. I guess when no one stands up for you, you gotta shut em up yourself so i did.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

Broly's sittin on the window though sun is behind the trees. Hes determined it will come back...yeah tomorrow but does he care? No. Hes willing to wait. Hes out from 4p-6p though 5:30 the sun is gone he still wants to sit in the window, gettin cold.. I set up a heating pad on LOW under a blanket and he sits there (this goes on for 30 minutes). He ate his food (hand fed because why would he eat on his own LOL) got calcium and water, water two times a day (still firm urates no matter what). I check his mouth (make sure no suspicious colors) and a body check again for colors, unless freckles which I watch for a few days to make sure.

As for my life: toenail still growing in because why would it stop growing? Stoma (still cleaning it daily) and precautions to shower with it. Been a few months now but still an update was probably needed or not. I had IBS in addition to my colon just not looking right when I got surgery. Going to group 2x a week (50 minutes each session). Today..they took us to a social setting to get us used to crowds. Some were better than others. I was not "better" with it I started having a sensory overload I got too nervous and started yelling! Some cry some yell or others take care of stress easily. They're gonna keep trying till we stop acting out life has parties or just some social settings. We can socialize with others but we don't do well in groups like crowds.

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
BlueDragon09":37uecbag said:
Hey,

Broly's sittin on the window though sun is behind the trees. Hes determined it will come back...yeah tomorrow but does he care? No. Hes willing to wait. Hes out from 4p-6p though 5:30 the sun is gone he still wants to sit in the window, gettin cold.. I set up a heating pad on LOW under a blanket and he sits there (this goes on for 30 minutes). He ate his food (hand fed because why would he eat on his own LOL) got calcium and water, water two times a day (still firm urates no matter what). I check his mouth (make sure no suspicious colors) and a body check again for colors, unless freckles which I watch for a few days to make sure.

As for my life: toenail still growing in because why would it stop growing? Stoma (still cleaning it daily) and precautions to shower with it. Been a few months now but still an update was probably needed or not. I had IBS in addition to my colon just not looking right when I got surgery. Going to group 2x a week (50 minutes each session). Today..they took us to a social setting to get us used to crowds. Some were better than others. I was not "better" with it I started having a sensory overload I got too nervous and started yelling! Some cry some yell or others take care of stress easily. They're gonna keep trying till we stop acting out life has parties or just some social settings. We can socialize with others but we don't do well in groups like crowds.
Ouch, that nail may need stunting if it grows back into the slot. As for the social setting thing , i cant do it either, i start feeling sick to my stomach my ears pick up every little sound and when people get too close i feel like running! I had the utter "pleasure" of attending two arab weddings.....they seem to be deaf cause they play their music so loud my ears hurt and i wobble like a drunkard! If its out in the opening, i can walk to a place where its not so bad, but they had both of these in a friggin building! Why would yall need to be in huge crowds? I avoid them just fine, unless my ever lovin husband forgets about my aversion and drags me to one! :D jyst take it one day at a time and go to places during the off times with close friends. Maybe yall can have an autism friendly party all kinds are invited to but they must follow the rules? then you edge it up from there. i dont really agree with just tossing ANYBODY in a crowd situation when they cant handle it. I have seen it work better when its dont bit by bit than when someone is just tossed in the "shark pit".
As for Broly doing that, mine will rearrange his pillows and things to block the light in his box opening (hes sleeping in a pepsi box) and pretend to be asleep....so hes the opposite at times! Just as you may never figure out why your lil mans urate is hard i may never figure out why mines in like rubber....and he expells excess liquid around it instead of in the urate! so long as our little men are cute, healthy (albeit weird at times) little dragons, we should just keep on truckin, while watchin their smarmy lil "i must get into everything" scaley butts very closely!

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

Idk why they decided to do that. I think one of the supervisors were too eager to get us used to life. Us autism/aspie people would never ever suggest that. She means well but she was told by another supervisor we can't do this again. So we're gonna try a small party at a park where we can bring our family and friends and as not to upset someone else ask politely. I don't think rules would work as family will be there to let others know how they are at home and in public. Tbh, I was the bravest of my 5 friends during this horrific event. Three were crying and two were just staying far from the crowd.

Broly...I'll never know his urate. Hes fine because with apples and bugs he'll willingly open his mouth. So obviously his mouth doesn't hurt. Water is probably in his stool not urate since it's soft but formed.

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
BlueDragon09":2tywfl3w said:
Hey,

Idk why they decided to do that. I think one of the supervisors were too eager to get us used to life. Us autism/aspie people would never ever suggest that. She means well but she was told by another supervisor we can't do this again. So we're gonna try a small party at a park where we can bring our family and friends and as not to upset someone else ask politely. I don't think rules would work as family will be there to let others know how they are at home and in public. Tbh, I was the bravest of my 5 friends during this horrific event. Three were crying and two were just staying far from the crowd.

Broly...I'll never know his urate. Hes fine because with apples and bugs he'll willingly open his mouth. So obviously his mouth doesn't hurt. Water is probably in his stool not urate since it's soft but formed.
Rules are even needed for some family members, sadly there are several family members that dont know the rules, because they dont care or havent really learned the rules due to societal stigmas. Do they have animal programs for groups like yours where you are? here in fl theres a horse ranch for a wide range of differently abled individuals as well as vet programs.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

Idk if anyone will even listen...two friends don't like to listen so they throw fits if they are forced. They listen on their own terms. I listen well but don't like being "told" what to do kids in HS found out the hard way. They didn't even ask they just ordered. We don't have an animal program for us it's just a public thing where lots of people go. I own a horse that i ride regularly three friends dont like riding up high. They like horses though. I been to the vet so many times...I dont have enough money but still have an appointment Sep 8 anyway it's a check up not really checking for unwell conditions at this point. Im really exhausted from going to the vet so much and I thought Alucard (got him paid off) was a handful. Broly's paid off but when I go in for that wellness exam...goodness it's not too expensive I just don't have it. Anyway, Rose City comicon is this Saturday and I don't have anything to buy with maybe my parents will buy something for me..highly unlikely. So I have my costume ready and will be gone all day returning at night. Will give Broly water when I return then go to bed.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

The vet went pretty well Broly didnt react to him being poked and prodded. He felt his belly didnt feel anything out of the ordinary took an X ray to be sure and correct nothing. My uncle helped with the bill so it's paid off till next year. We don't have to see the vet anymore till spring. He'll call us closer to April to tell he has an opening. Hes pretty booked at the moment and I was lucky to get in. Ok, hoping he doesn't have to see the vet anymore. Im free now so money will be for other things.

He was also weighed at the vet...395g! Just 5 more and 400 and he did in fact gain all 18g back! Congrats Broly!

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
Glad to hear that Broly is fine and wont need a vet till April (hopefully). As for the animal programs i am sorry to hear they dont have them, even the vet ones where you feed and water and enteract with the animals is a great one here. They also have shelter programs here, it gets people out but not thrown into a crowd of people. A girl i knew had a brother that wouldnt speak, until he met a horse! Then it was non stop! :D the rules wouls be more like "please respect others space. no means no. please dont randomly touch people." type rules not the "you cand do x,y,z" ones....

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

Thanks Cooper! He was a great! He closed his eyes.

Beardymama: I hope so too. Im really tired of seeing my vet LOL. I love how hes not expensive and very nice and all but I just don't want to anymore for this year. My vet was surprised at 395g (scale usually correct) but his body doesn't LOOK like a 395. Hes thin but my vet didnt seem too concerned as hes not 2yo so he figured hes not filled out yet. Also measured in at 19 7/8" long (the 20 is right there..!) i'll ask my supervisor today when we go in if he knows any animal programs we can take and let you know what he says. Idk any. He did say something about a reptile resort shelter place last week if I remember correctly. Some people in the group dont like reptiles but they've never been near one. They'll go if they don't have to touch LOL. Im sure once they see how everyone else is touching and talkin to them theyll do it too. He texted me and said we're going a reptile haven.

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
BlueDragon09":rgpmuetg said:
Hey,

Thanks Cooper! He was a great! He closed his eyes.

Beardymama: I hope so too. Im really tired of seeing my vet LOL. I love how hes not expensive and very nice and all but I just don't want to anymore for this year. My vet was surprised at 395g (scale usually correct) but his body doesn't LOOK like a 395. Hes thin but my vet didnt seem too concerned as hes not 2yo so he figured hes not filled out yet. Also measured in at 19 7/8" long (the 20 is right there..!) i'll ask my supervisor today when we go in if he knows any animal programs we can take and let you know what he says. Idk any. He did say something about a reptile resort shelter place last week if I remember correctly. Some people in the group dont like reptiles but they've never been near one. They'll go if they don't have to touch LOL. Im sure once they see how everyone else is touching and talkin to them theyll do it too. He texted me and said we're going a reptile haven.
YAY!!!!!! i love reptile places...i just cant get ghalib to go into one! im one of those people that you have to keep from petting animals...unless they are service animals then i ask first and if they say no then i dont pet the animal.... i WILL ask how old and how long it took to train said dog. One womans companion scoffed and made the "here we go" comment under her breath followed by the "watch her ask" as she walked to try and block me.... yup i asked "what is the age of the dog, and how long has he been in training?" hehehe the woman with the dog told me he was 8 months old and had been training since 12 weeks. I then said he is very well behaved and went on my way leaving her companion gawking and sputtering something to the woman with the dog as i went into another isle! :D

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

The reptile haven was awesome! They had beardies (leatherbacks and standard ones), uromastyx, all types of geckos. They can be petted just had to sanatize aftet every animal prevent cross contamination. They had snakes. I never seen an anaconda...she was huge! They told us she was injured and they're fixing her up i think theyre going to keep her. Shes not native to Oregon.

The comicon was freaking awesome! Met a lot of good actors including ones I watched on TV when I was 10. I met my childhood "crush" from TV..y'know kids fantasize about that. I told him I HAD a crush on him and surprisingly he was really cool with that because I don't now. I got nervous and when I do I spout stuff I didn't mean to say it >.<. He did in fact have tears in his eyes when I said it and hugged me. I'm not sure why he was happy to hear a 10 yo had a crush on him. Im not 10 and I don't have a crush on him anymore. He was really sweet and tbh he didn't hug anyone else I thought was odd because if you can hug a fan why didn't he hug anyone else?! I feel special in that case. My friends told me they met him and they didn't get a hug or anyone in front of them. I was like he'll hug watch...he didn't hug anyone...like 9 people went by not a one got a hug. I was like wtf...why just me? did it really make him happy? I made his day somehow...he is and will always be my childhood hero..i did say he's my hero on TV I suppose that did it not my 10 yo self having a crush back then. I have reruns of that show he was on that i watched and I don't feel anything for him that i did in the 90s. Between anyone who reads and myself he's still so freaking cute!! :oops:. Of course im engaged so Im not gonna try anything thats creepy LOL. My brother was sooo nervous meeting his idol...he stuttered tryin to talk to him. Quite cute really. We had a good time.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

It's been a while. I have a picture and I hope to upload tomorrow, if I can remember. Not a lot has happened just cold, warm or humid days over this weekend. Sun don't peek out as much due to September starting nasty crap following more crap. So either cloudy or partly cloudy till June. I would say April or May but we still have rain during those months. Broly has acquired a freckle on his bottom lip where it meets scales and inside lip it's between there. It's very tiny and black, looks NOTHING like mouth rot but I'll keep watch anyway. I just noticed it today and looks like others I encountered. When he eats I see pink inside..so pretty sure nothing serious. Funny how a freckle got there, can't get a pic as I have to open his mouth and it's too small I don't think a camera would pick it up unless it grew/spread.

My new interest that I've been hooked on (Asperger's trait) VOLCANOES!! Active, extinct, dormant and the super ones! I've learned a lot about most of them as I researched since Saturday morning. For a good few months it's been bearded dragon illnesses, fish illness, hamsters and their illnesses. So my interest took a turn toward volcanoes.

Broly is starting to feel heavy and I been feeding two times daily and he must be 400 or a bit over. Getting him set for winter and losing some grams because spring fever will bring MORE weight loss as I experienced he doesn't eat during that time or settle down. I will feed Reptiboost a few days of the week and get him to eat some solids.

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
Glad to hear you had a great time at the comicon and the reptile haven. We have an anaconda at our zoo here that made my husband jump when he first saw it......:D they are awesome, mostly calm creatures. I havent been on lately due to health issues but reading your posts made me smile! I am glad that Broly is gaining and getting his chubs on for winter. I also look forward to seeing new pics of his handsome little scaley self! I too had an interest in volcanos for a while, well, i still do to an extent!

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
4ABB0618-83D3-48F1-BECB-1B33D2066FAD_zpss5n3t9np.jpg

I remembered! Don't mind some of the stuffed animals my 6 year old nephew leaves them in the den LOL.

He BBd me when I put veggies down in a bowl unless it's apples or watermelon (which I do not give regularly). He does get bugs and veggies more than fruit so don't mind body frame. Hes 20" long and last weighed on Sep 15th at 396g so dont let the body fool you he isnt skinny at all. No bumps, suspicious colors or diseases. Hes probably at 400 or over as hes heavy.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom