Broly the new super saiyan beardie

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
funny story, i was sick and cuddling Draconis, he did th ewiggle ot get down but before i could put him down out shot a very stinky (due to what he was eating) poop and i had ot put him in his tank, toss the dress he pooped on into the washer AND run to vomit...poor Draconis was very upset at the "poopy on mommy" event that he was extra lovey when i got cleaned up and a clean dress on to pick him back up! he even nuzzled my neck and tried to dig on me for comfort!
BlueDragon09":2i95t1de said:
Hey,

Beardiemama: funny you say that he goes once a week in the bath. I have been pooped on before when he was younger.

So it appears with orally given water and 3x a week bath he just goes once a week he just don't eat enough. He's not struggling to go at all the rest of the week. I'll be surprised if he's still dehydrated he can't be with all the water he gets. I won't be surprised if he passes a runny poop LOL all that water. He still has trouble holding lots of water like he was a baby. We have a shaded sitting area where I go and he has a sunny area where he sits in his outside enclosure I got when I went to the wedding of a friend. He sat in that thing for 3 hours. That's right outside for 3 hours. The giant wasps and bees came to greet me now usually afraid theyll sting I stayed still and kept calm till the flew away. I was focused on being calm around the stingers Broly spotted a rolly poly/pill bug whatever and ate it! We don't use pesticides but not sure on the neighbors but that was two hours ago still acting fine and I have activated charcoal if any toxic arises. I'm prepared!

Ps: dad was grilling about 3-6" away will the smell of bbq hurt him? It's propane not charcoal if that makes a difference. Hes ok now but wanna know.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

He finally went in his bath, I rubbed the entire time...it felt like forever but he went. I dumped out most of the water and grabbed toilet paper and gently squeezed the urate and it was soft it broke apart. No red but this time yellow (not bright it's a light color) Idk what that is but definitely not dehydrated and calcium is 0.3ml everytime...I'm thinking applesauce as that's the only food with that color he's eating. It only encased the urate but came off as I squeezed it. The urate is starting to annoy me!!!! The poop was fine it was dark green thanks to the collard/mustard. It was a white urate though so it's normal. I don't care my main concern was red and now it's gone and that light color is going to be applesauce. Im really annoyed and stressed about other things..the last thing I need to know is Broly isn't healthy. He seems healthy and had a good time yesterday despite the grill cooking food not too far away from us. My hamster is being treated right now and already paid a good chunk to treat her ear infection she is getting better and starting to eat and drink.
Have to take her in for a follow up next week so until her vet visits are over I'll save and take Broly in if I need to but can't right now.

On a lighter note: I have some more clown fish and my yellow damsels are still going strong though they were used for cycling and they're still alive. I have a few starfish and 4 crabs.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

Ok, I may have came off really bratty like I didn't care in my last post. Well, I do care and Broly is a skinny type as my vet said last visit, his legs have muscle, torso looks good, weight stready (checked last week), loves eating bugs but not great with greens and I still have to stick them in his mouth. I know some people frown upon that, but he won't even try to touch them he'll sit and stare at them hmm who does that remind us of?? Anyway, I didn't mean skinny as in bones showing, I meant like healthy person thin. He has fat pads on his head they're still there, not much on the tail but has some he doesn't have like a two month old tail or anything. I have heard they can grow like people in different body types and sizes. He's 17 months or 1 year whichever you guys wanna use is fine. Almost 18 months which i read is 1.5 year old, correct me if that's wrong. He hit over 19 1/2" and inching close to 20" long whew that's a big boy Tracie is right he'll be 20" before 2 years. Who knows how big he'll get...already moved passed Vash's length (18"). Interesting to have a 2' dragon (24") is that possible? Well that would be very very cool.

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
You care more than you seem to feel (at least in the last post) while you were away you were so concerned you spent time posting on here about him!

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Thank you, Beardiemama!

Hey,

I checked weight and 369 isn't bad after all he did use the bathroom Mon afternoon and it's been 4 days to get his weight back up so of course it's low. Now I would be more worried if he ate, pooped, ate again and weight was getting lower. He was 372 before poop so gonna bring that up. I got Reptiboost since I ran out of Carnivore Care and hadn't been to the vet since my hamster and didn't think to buy any. As far as illness goes, he's not showing any signs of anything other than just no longer a salad eater and I offer every day. Late 2015 he just decided he no longer likes anything but protien and that could be problematic for a 1yo I don't want gout or fatty liver disease. I stopped superworms and hornworms (these go to my hamster as she got skinny because of her ear infection and lost weight due to not eating she is looking a lot better and gained her weight back). Don't worry she's able to digest and pass them vet said she could have some. I still give Broly crickets and pheonix worms then follow up with a salad for the rest of the day but of course pampered boy needs mommy to feed him like a prince more like hes lazy and my vet agrees he is when it comes to salads. I had checked fecals twice already this year and both came back negative. I just came to the realization that he's a lazy chump but I love him. I did come to see him this evening sucking the juice out of a strawberry then spits it when done..like wth? Tomorrow Im going to cut the strawberry and squeeze it over greens and see what that does. He doesn't like apples anymore he's over them.

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
sounds great! if hes not into the strawberry dressing try blueberries or blackberries. I have a box of reptaboost on hand and it works great with my draconis when hes not feeling like eating. You might also try a bit of natural non flavored yogurt. I have seen some people using it to help with the tummy issues. He might just be going through a toddler fit but what ever helps!

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Great idea, Beardiemama thank you!

Hey,

So he's back up to 372 as of Friday afternoon. I fed him an egg of course hand feed the spoiled prince. He really liked it. So he doesn't like commercial foods which is good in some cases but otherwise wasted money. I mixed Reptoboost in his drinking water and syringed a bit to see if he'll take it well. He did well he opened his mouth and let me drip it in from syringe (to avoid fluid in his lungs). I'd give blackberries but I can't get the seeds out and not sure if they're poisonious to beardies. He just kinda stared at salads as if they'll disappear LOL. My hamster has an appointment on Tue morning my aunt is taking us. My syrian hamster is doing so much better she's eating and drinking and gained her 30g back. I have two scales one for Broly and one for Ash...I know I can disinfect after each use but still. I'll be picking up Critical Care. We're done with her meds so she gets to relax I gave her Acidophilus to help her tummy through the meds. Broly ate some butternut, also gave vitamin and then water. I hope Reptoboost works or else he's just absolutely lazy and that's all it is. He ate some crix with speed he didn't let them come to him he ran to them! He ate about 10...not bad considering how his appetite has been.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

Ash is better and off meds and she doesn't need to be seen anymore unless she gets ill again. She eats salads better than her brother, Broly.

Broly still doesnt eat salads after Reptoboost or Carnivore Care. So apparently hes not sick or eh feeling he's just plain lazy about salads. Plain lazy in general! He's 373..yup gained 1g but whatever gaining better than losing. I even make small salads as to not waste much food. He had a bath and took him 25 minutes of rubbing his belly to go. He pooped and no yellow mucus like tinge so it had to be applesauce. He took some salad hand fed of course and calcium. I give up, I'll hand feed enough food into him as much as he'll take before he shakes his head at me or walk away. Only thing not hand fed is bugs...he'll take them alone. So i have pheonix and roaches...finally breeding silks shhh don't tell my parents..they don't know. I got some stuff to start from my uncle who's feeding Dodger the same bugs though hes 7 years and eats his salad...dang.

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
BlueDragon09":bv0tite8 said:
Hey,

Ash is better and off meds and she doesn't need to be seen anymore unless she gets ill again. She eats salads better than her brother, Broly.

Broly still doesnt eat salads after Reptoboost or Carnivore Care. So apparently hes not sick or eh feeling he's just plain lazy about salads. Plain lazy in general! He's 373..yup gained 1g but whatever gaining better than losing. I even make small salads as to not waste much food. He had a bath and took him 25 minutes of rubbing his belly to go. He pooped and no yellow mucus like tinge so it had to be applesauce. He took some salad hand fed of course and calcium. I give up, I'll hand feed enough food into him as much as he'll take before he shakes his head at me or walk away. Only thing not hand fed is bugs...he'll take them alone. So i have pheonix and roaches...finally breeding silks shhh don't tell my parents..they don't know. I got some stuff to start from my uncle who's feeding Dodger the same bugs though hes 7 years and eats his salad...dang.
he would love ot visit my worm bin!! i have several baby worms some a good size already and several larger ones. they are all supers!!! i also have a good cricket farm going on and the best beardie tv....its a clear feeder bin that he could watch the crickets in!!! :D you are doing great if he takes the repta boost and bugs. maybe try dusting his salad, mine hated collards until i dusted them and now he gets his calcium on his salad and not his bugs.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

My mom won't buy powder calcium as we have liquid I did have powder but my last dragon RIP couldn't absorb it but that didn't kill him. Black Fungus did personally I still believe it was yellow fungus but whatever.

He's heavy that's because Im feeding him well though hand feeding and bathroom visit coming up so he's usually filled up and slowing down by the end of the week and Im weighing him later this morning as it is the 17th now. I bet he'd eat your worms and roaches, crix not a big fan of. They hop and smell and just plain annoying to retrieve when he's not hungry. That is the only thing I haven't tried I tried all other suggestions from different items to unsweetened apple juice even Reptoboost! I havent tried bearded dragon salad dressing from Nature Zone. Some claim it's junk and had no success results. I haven't heard anything good about it so I shouldn't try it. I'll make my own with mashed up strawberries or some other squishable fruit that's safe. I'll buy some kiwi and squeeze that.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

He's off bugs again. So made baby food with carnivore care and critical too with bee pollen and honey (unpasturized). He loved the taste the honey was like candy to him not adding honey every time. He likes kiwi (no seeds) so squeezed some on salad and he ate on his own he even finished it! Gave him a second bowl and ate till he was full. We went outside for 21 minutes in the sun until I got fed up with the wasps and took Broly in. He had a big half day yesterday. He got calcium and food. So hopefully he eats every day now. I tried crix and he ate 15 of them.

The weirdest thing happened. Broly knows 9p is lights out but he stayed up all day and no matter what he sleeps at 5p and won't get up til 7a. So i had to revamp the schedule to 9-11 (14 hours) he wouldn't sleep at 9 instead slept (finally at 10:44p) and Im not sure but he wouldn't sleep in the tank at all. I had to make him because of my sleeping habits Im either still or moving about. I checked temps they were correct, uvb is fine till next year (yay for T5's) and made sure nobody was around to upset him...nothing. He had semi black beard so I sat him on my bed and I was watching Dr Who on my phone and he totally crawled over and did the wiggle next to me! He snuggled into my body and I told you all before he isn't a snugglebug. He's a tank dude but that was a magical moment. I hope he does more of those or wants to. It was weird for me as he is a 5p sleeper so don't mess with me guy. Im being quiet right now as to NOT wake him as it was hard to get him to sleep without me being there he really REALLY wanted mom tonight. Usually he's very good at sleeping when it's lights out tonight he seemed a bit stressed out and wouldnt sleep unless I was in the room. I don't know if he's worried about something to do with me or what but he was uneasy about bedtime. He wouldn't go to sleep he kept freaking out when I covered him and hes ok being covered and he clung to me like I was dying or he was never going to see me again I don't know exactly. I never left him to be on his own it wasn't traumatic when i did go. I don't know what startled him into thinking he wasn't gonna see me again but he seemed worried about me for some reason. I like snuggling him but not in the way that he's worried about something.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

It's been a while and Im not sure who reads anymore.
But I have some good news! I finally retried Reptaboost and he LOVED it! He lapped it up like he hasn't eaten. I never see him lap up water, calcium or vitamin when I offer them through syringe and since he ISNT eating I had to try it. He had a tiny bit of it since he isn't malnourished or on meds and I understand this is used for sick/malnourished reptiles. He really got excited when I got the box and syringe so he has a new favorite besides bugs. It is complete with calcium and vitamins and other good stuff. I got dry omnivore mix with water and took out the bugs... Trust me, does it matter? He's not going to touch it anyway so no harm. He is feeling a lot better hes awake and usually asleep now but he isn't. Basking and ate five roaches plus 2 silks. I won't use reptaboost long term either though it says you can but I won't.

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
I stil read this, i am happy to read that hes eating something. you might try mixing some retptiboost into the food source for his bugs (you can gut load in a smaller container) i just toss a pinch or two in with his feeders for the next day on occasion. I will say that i know how it feels with the not liking something one minute then the next gobbling it up. Mine hated collards when he was younger but now he cant get enough of them!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Oh, Broly is so pretty, glad he's enjoying his baths! Mine all enjoy their baths except for Cierra, she sits in it, tries to jump out, then gives me death stares until he bath is done...oh well.

So we're back from the vet and it turns out that Gabriel has an aneurysm, just underneath his lungs in his upper abdomen. which is an excessive localized enlargement of an artery caused by a weakening of the artery wall. There's nothing the vet can do, she said surgery could cause it to pop, which means Gabriel could bleed out. So it's a waiting game to see if it could possibly reduce over time. My vet took a blood test as a baseline, and also to make sure his results are all normal. She'll leave me a message when they come in. If I need to I can get into the vet on Monday am.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mysticsalten
Top Bottom