Broly the new super saiyan beardie

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
It's nothing unusual Kami, mine go a few days without eating without any issues. He's over a year old, so his growing has slowed down, probably. A week without wanting to eat, that would concern me.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I figured that. I spritz him with water (outside tank and on his snout) not sure if he was dehydrated but he did perk up a bit after taking a drop in. Just one. Im gonna work on getting him to drink since he stopped greens. I do bathe him every 3 days not sure how he got dehydrated if he is.
He's not gasping for air or breathing hard throughout the day. No discharge of anything. Just weird he just stopped. He might need to poop but he's not really going may need pumpkin now. He pooped March 12 (looked good and didn't stink too bad). His mouth is obviously fine if he took a drop of water with issue. If and when he goes I will send a sample (might as well get it done it's a new year). I got him to lick a bit of watered down baby food. So it may be dehydration (weird how that happens). He was kinda trying to refuse bugs a few days ago but he eventually ate them same with baby food. So either dehydration hit a snag or he's full from food since his last poop.

Thank you Deb I will keep my eyes on him.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hello,

He ate 5 crickets today and pooped on the paper towel and there was some water to it so guess not too dehydrated.
Urate is fine and well digested no full on corpses. So he's fine just an off day yesterday.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hi,

It's spring but over here is STILL winter. Rain, wind and thunderstorms most of all still TOO COLD! So you all can guess what Broly is doing, yup that's right- sleeping! I'm sooo tired of brumation I know that's what he's doing because while it got warm a few days ago he was up but not eating greens. So his body can't exactly get "into the groove" as i call it of getting up like everyone else's beardie. The weather and pressure changes keep throwing him up (warm days) then down (cold rainy days). It's a roller coaster of up and down days poor guy he can't help it he feels the pressure of weather. So until it's spring over here, it's gonna take some more time for him to get up and get active like he was St Patrick's Day and yesterday. I got him to eat st least but he crawled to the UVB area and slept. I can't bring him out brumation though calender says spring. His body kn time will let him know, till then I'll be patient.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
C2440BD7-64AB-46BE-8676-B936D09D88A0_zpshlqysksz.jpg

Ignore it being dark...I had brightness down :lol: sorry.

I owed you guys anyway. He's doing good, a little bit wrinkly but we're working on drinking from a spray bottle. He's getting the idea but starts licking his lips after i pull the bottle away when I bring it back he stops licking :roll:. He'll drink one day since all greens/veggies not an option I offer he dont eat them. Lucky my feeders are eating them. He does get baths, no poop and today is the 6th day, he's not impacted I felt his stomach.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Thanks Cooperdragon.

I had him in his spare tank since he needed a cage cleaning.
Yeah, I love the orange too. Reminds me of old man Vash and his eye area was orange too. I did the skin test hes not dehydrated it snaps back rather quick. Tomorrow since it will be 1 week (since pooping March 18) no poop but been eating I will have him some pumpkin (no spices I know the deal) to give him. Not sure why hes not going since hes hydrated and no hard balls in the stomach he doesn't have a problem going hes not going. I saw him poop March 18 and there was no struggle and he's basking/warming enough. Maybe he likes to freak me out LOL.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Thank you. I guess it makes since he's not feeling ill from not going. He does like to run though. I had him out and he ran nobody bothered him he just wanted to run. Vash went 9 days without poop once (I was on vacation) nobody bathed him so he held it. Never had a dragon go longer than 9 days. It's new to me that this dragon will.

He probably is saving it for a big one like the one on the 18th. Thanks Cooper. Yup, he's 1 year and just over 19" long and 385g the last I checked this month.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
When any of mine get like that, I give them a daily bath for a few days to see if that loosens up a poop. I hate when they go more than 3 days without a poop as it always causes hard urates. So try that for a few days with pumpkin, otherwise, he's just not full enough. This weather is awful, same up here (without the thunderstorms, though). Still wearing my winter coat! Way too cold for this time of year, I so agree with you.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I know i hate it's still cold! March is ending and it's still cold. Next week looks nice and warm we'll see. Im definitely trying pumpkin tomorrow morning instead of protein (he'll get the bugs) but I want a poop. Though Vash went 9 days without a poop he didn't get a hard urate. Im with u on that though I definitely do not want to see blood from straining (possible reason for blood really). I do feel 6 days is too long tomorrow day 7 if he don't go but i'll make sure he goes either on his own or help from pumpkin for breakfast then i'll send in a sample to get fecal check done, paid for and out of the way til September (may be his brumation pattern) to ensure hes good for this year's winter (this is still 2015 winter). I'll try baths (though he still doesn't like them and wants to escape) every day and spray his mouth to feel assured he's getting water.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Just wanted to show you how red/orange Imp is getting:

And in different light:

I'm really starting to enjoy having a baby in the house!

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
He ate pumpkin not sure if he wanted to or not because i fed nothing else. He should poop today. It'll b great if it works it has in the past. I do expect it to be orange-brown color. Today is my moms birthday so party tonight. It's overcast today so no sun.

Deb, Imp is beautiful! I love the colors! Broly doesn't show colors unless he's dark. He almost makes me believe he's mixed with a snow dragon and normal dragon. He has orange so not too white around the face just body when he's bright.

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
Just keep at it hell be begging to come out soon! Mine loves to flip, jump, bounce and "paw" the tank trying to get out...and once hes out he runs up the nearest person or tries to run off the blanket we use as a play mat of sorts to explore that "thing" behind whoever he tries to dart past!! His nick name is Goober Butt but he really responds to Draconis. I got him on march 1st and he was a bit skittish the first week but now he runs TO me when he is scared. He also loves ot stand up on his little cave like hes people...heres a pic:
86309-8260995578.jpg

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
He finally pooped. Looked normal didn't check urate for hard or soft oops. Seeing as he had no trouble I guess it wasn't too hard. So pumpkin worked.

@BeardyMama33: Im gonna take him out every day, still a "tank" dragon. Loves going back to his tank though he's already 1 year old (14 months). Walks back any chance he gets. Not really a snuggler or a human's dragon he's his own and likes to be antisocial is the word. He rather chill out alone in the tank rather than with me LOL not sure how he got like that I took him out as a baby and socialized with him.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwe6634ee1
Top Bottom