Bearded dragon lost nail-what to do

Coolbeardeddragon11

Original Poster
My bearded dragon, Beardie(18in, healthy common bearded dragon) just lost her rear long finger's nail. I had noticed it coming off(like it pointed slightly upwards and sideways) for about 1 and a half weeks, and now it finally did. I am unsure what to do about it as I have never come against a problem such as this.

She seems to be acting normal, eating, running around, and does not flinch or anything when I touch her toe(not the exact location of the break). My mom does not want to go to a vet unless it is necessary. There is no swelling or anything.

If there is a way I can help or if she is fine, please tell me. If possible, avoid anything about going to a vet as for a small thing like this my mom may not want to.
I have attached an image of this.

Ps. I do have septic powder, but i do not see any bleeding that is leaking. The injury should be relatively new as she lost it within the last 6 hours as of this post.

Attachments

• IMG_1135.jpg
    IMG_1135.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 25

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
to me, it does not look like it is infected or anything, just injured and nail lost. i would put some raw, unpasturized honey on it. if you don't have that, you could use neosporin, but make sure it is the kind with ZERO pain relief in it. here in the forum, we have had dragons die from the pain relief type.

Coolbeardeddragon11

Original Poster
to me, it does not look like it is infected or anything, just injured and nail lost. i would put some raw, unpasturized honey on it. if you don't have that, you could use neosporin, but make sure it is the kind with ZERO pain relief in it. here in the forum, we have had dragons die from the pain relief type.
Just came back home from school and checking on her now. I do not see any swelling, but I will still see if I have honey or neosporin. Thank you!

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FalkorBeardie :3
Top Bottom