Broly the new super saiyan beardie

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Took him to May to get close to the 50 mark.

I'm back home now. The wife knows what to do to keep
herself free of adeno. I'm going to get tested Im sure Im clean I took precautions. Getting Broly tested just to make sure he didn't get it (just to be safe). I'm sure he's clean as its a human strain can't hurt to test.

Broly gets the testing done on May 12 then May 13, I get checked up on my toe.

I didn't get much sleep over at his place. Guest room was nice but felt creepy in the dark. I don't know how else to describe it. There is a sweet cockatoo in the living room. She's supportive of her master.

Thanks Deb and Auntie.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I got myself tested this morning and I'm clean I don't have adeno.

Up next is Broly. That's later.

He ate and pooped so it's all good.

Broly freaked me out...last night I took him to bed and the way he positioned himself made his back look like a bump..
I was like "wtf how is that possible I hadnt seen it all day"
He got mad as I repositioned him so his back didnt look like a bump in it. I was like "oh good it's nothing. He still freaks me out like a human child would.

HitokiriBattousai

Hatchling Member
Nova scares me sometimes as well like today he was acting off and didn't want to eat which is odd for him yet it was just that his back was ready to shed and he was being moody

after a quick bath when i noticed his back starting to shed he ran across the carpet but dragged his belly and it all come off like a glove which he seems happy about (i posted pics of him in my thread if you'd like to see him post shed)

also how big is Broly? im curious as i didn't see a size mentioned for a few pages

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Nova's cute, Kenshin! He's a big boy!

Broly not that big but he's at least 9-9 1/2" I can't get a good neasurement as he tries to avoid the measuring tape like acid. He's also in shed so that measurement will change. Great eater though. He han unformed poop only today...it my fault, ran out of appropriate sized crix and fed baby food for lunch and dinner. I'm still breeding but yeah.

Yesterday was very hard, as my brother's dog, Strider, sweet old man, he lost his muscles in his back legs and had to be put down. We're still very touchy on the subject so we try not to talk about it. RIP Strider, hope you said hi to Vash and Alucard.

HitokiriBattousai

Hatchling Member
Nova is the opposite he is curious of everything and usually wants to lick the tape measure in fact how i got those close up shots of him were that he wanted to come up and lick the camera so i snapped a few pictures while he tried to get close enough to do so lol

Nova has also developed the habit of only wanting to poop when he is given a bath so it seems like nightly quick baths may have to be the way to go as he literally hits the water and within 30 seconds he will poop

and i wish you and your family the best as i know the the feeling my dog is getting very old himself (a 12+ year old lab)

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
526D71F0-F74E-490B-9649-A07D544BDFF8_zps5tkau2rb.jpg

Just a pic for y'all because I had a free second only and snapped one pic and plus I owe y'all with at least one.

PS: don't mind the orange goop that's residue from the poop and I am replacing the carpet. The white spot is the halogen bulb on the floor because it's too hot to leave on the basking spot so it's moved over and the basking is 106*.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey all, setting up my iPhone 6 plus.

Broly still shed mode and I think 5 weeks now and still no signs of flaking but enjoy the picture. Hes not skinny it's the angle. LOL well anyway, still good here no sick reptile.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Finally shed the body but now his tail starting.

He is now 10 1/2" since the body shed but now the tail
is going to start so maybe he'll hit 11" after this (I can be hopeful!). His legs are a bit more thicker than they were.
Fat pads are also coming in.

I took Broly in (Tuesday) for his adeno test and hes negative just like I am. My friend didnt pass it to either one of us. Hes very happy he didnt give us Adenovirus. We weren't sure about it and I didnt ask Tracie if it could spread human to reptile.

(Yesterday) I got my check up on my toe and it's looking well but she didnt want the cast off yet to be sure. Aargh!! No more cast..the darn thing itches! LOL.

Today: Broly's been very hungry lately..hes 10 1/2" I don't want to start on larges yet because hes not sub adult but he is eating over 100 bugs each day! I can keep up but my gosh. So far the record is:
Crickets: 198
Roaches: 120
P.worms: 195

At least he eats a big number and only in 15 minutes! It must be the growth spurt he just went through with this shed he just had. Also still hate baths sort of but he loves to come out and run around. He doesn't chill on me yet maybe when he's older and lazier. He just had a taste of watermelon (seedless) and he ate about 6 pieces of it he loves it.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
He ate more but a lower number.
He had his vitamin today already
with his roaches. I'm going out
today to get a iPhone 6 case so it's
protected like my 5 even though
there is no service. I also have to get
live black worms for my gouramis they
don't eat the other stuff. My other fish love
anything.

Broly only ate 22 roaches. He must still be full.
I'll try crickets later for lunch. Tail still in shed not
flaking yet.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Heeey! Hadn't seen you in forever!

I had another baby before Broly. His name Alucard and he was just too sick to live on so he died (January 30, 2015). Hes buried in the yard with Vash in the same bag I froze them in (they were dead before I froze I do no support freezing a live animal until already dead not even close to death).

Broly is 51g sorry I told no one.

Mickey was put down she also had glaucoma too so it was her time. I'm not sure if you can fix it in a cat.

This year now that everything bad is over is doing a lot better. Thanks for hoping but it's working out.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Kami,

I am so happy that Broly is doing so well! He is really gaining weight & eating a lot now. :D
I am glad his shedding has been going smoothly, too.

Tracie

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Yup, hes doing well. Thanks Tracie.

Broly has a big belly and loves coming out
he still forget the human has to help. He
doesnt want help but he is not jumping
7" from the tank. Hes used to me now so it all
works out. Not a lay on you dragon yet once hes lazy as
old Vash was he'll be laying on me then.

Still eating not sick or any fungus problems. Growing happily as he can. 10 1/2" doesnt look like much but he's not really small as he was when he came home. Everyone says how big he is but he's always here in my room I can't see it LOL.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom