Broly the new super saiyan beardie

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
His poop is normal today but he's starting to go once now, used to be twice.

My toe well for the most part showering is freaking hard.
Broly shedding his right front leg and foot. Got dry food to help balance the water levels out so his poop stays as logs.
He's basking but going to get his bath real soon. Skipped two days already so it's due. Not gonna bathe him 4x a week only 1-2 days a week. He holds too much water and then explodes a watery mess on his carpet..he's getting bad at potty training, I thought he had it. Oh well.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
So I fed him his crix 2 out of 14 dead...I tried to snatch them quickly but he got them before I made a move...I hope he doesn't get sick and they werent freshly dead either. I want him to be ok. I know eating them dead is not ok unless fresh but they weren't. It was hours dead. He's quick I gotta be quicker...I tried to go as fast I could to get them. So he ate all 14...when he was supposed eat 12. They didn't smell either.

Other than that, he shed his leg and foot. Tail is going into shed because it turned yellow in some parts so I'll be on top of his tail. I'm watching crix outside his home from now on. Before they go I inspect everyone... I just saw these two too late.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Still yellow on his neck it looks good.
Gonna try getting it off because it doesn't feel
like regular scales. On the beard it looks like
yellow is now his beard color no more waxy feeling
we'll see if it chips off his nose.

He ate crix in calcium so that's done. Today he'll play
because he's done being nervous around me and other
people are able to hold him now. Tail is yellow so I'm going to have to go scrubbing it every bath day.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Eating dry pellets to balance the water level in his gut.

I may not be helping people anymore...i get nervous and send out wrong information without meaning to. Damn it..Asperger's Syndrome is hard..it's part of the social problems even with typing or gaming with a headset on. I can't really type or talk it out. Like right now, I use a notepad to type this out. i copy and paste all this stuff I say here. When I help I need to read the question and do it free hand so to speak. It's not easy to deal with this but some of you have worse issues. For those who just read..I do take meds so Im not depressed but I try really hard to calm down. Some people think I'm mean on games and leave because I won't speak to them. It gets depressing when you're gaming and accused of being mean or rude. I have one friend on xbox live and Im happy with him he gets it..he doesn't pressure me to talk he just sends a message. I'll type back. My stupid toe is still broken and it hurts..so for those who don't understand..one day I'll type a day in life of Asperger's so some understand a bit better how it is but for now..read this novel LOL!

As for Broly: his fat pads on head or showing and he just shed the top of his head and now on the beard so the yellow will go. He is now a bit more comfortable with me and loves his baths. The dry pellets are red so red and brown is his poop (I stopped dragon bites).

Tonja

BD.org Addict
Kami for your toe, it takes about 6 weeks for new bone growth to heal the break in it. Be patient, it just broke a couple days ago. Ice it for pain 20 min.'s, also for any swelling. It's probably pretty bruised also so that adds to the pain in it. Keep it elevated as much as you can, propped on pillows, that too, will ease the pain some.
I've only been around one autistic child in my lifetime and he was violent. Not only to himself but, to those around him. He finally was put into Charter Hospital. The Dr.'s really helped him with the right meds and therapy so he could control his anger. I can kind of understand the jumbled thoughts and how difficult it can be to properly express them. Its good you have a system like you do with your notebook/pad. What I am trying to say is not to give up on helping, just read the question, write out your answer, then put it to the forum. You do fine as far as I am concerned. Remember forums are like a social media, some are going to understand and appreciate your efforts, others that don't or refuse, aren't what you need around you. Ignore the rude comments. Just be yourself, you are very likable!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Kami,

I am glad Broly is doing so well & has shed recently, too. I know he is eating a lot for you also.
I hope the dry pellets are working out for him & that he likes them.
You do fine here on the forum, no worries :D

Tracie

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Thanks Auntie and Tracie.

My toe is doing ok still sucks because I skateboard and well I broke my toe with doing that. I was boarding when I tripped off it and slammed into a tree feet first, broke my toe. Luckily, I had my friend grab my board and take me to the doctor. I can't believe I lost control and tripped. Lucky, I had helmet and pads on. Foot is elevated.

Yes, the dry pellets are doing great. He just holds too much water after baths and eating foods with water in them. He does like them.

I'll go back to helping and just stop replying if they seem rude or whatever. I know when I'm not needed really LOL.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Just filed his nails with a nail filer..he's not happy at all.
I didnt do it for too long as it would stress him and may cause damage if he tries to run. Got one toe on one foot so LOL not too long till he got tired of it and ran. Anyway, he ate all 3x but he makes me laugh so much. I love him!

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
So my uncle moved away and couldnt take his horse, Loki with him. So I have his horse but I can't clean his stall for 6 weeks. Well 5 weeks now..I lost count.. i just know I see the doctor May 13 for a check up on it. We're paying someone to clean up and feed Loki till my toe heals then I will get up at 6am to clean up and feed him. I do go out on crutches to talk to Loki but can't ride even though I would love to. I still take care of Broly, Thor, Cocoa and my fish.

Broly gained up to 43 grams. His bulb burned out but luckily Im going to start using halogen bulbs. Easier..and last more than 4 months. I don't know if Broly likes them though. He's dark when I turn on the halogen and it's always 102-109 in the basking area, 73-83 on the cool end. Not sure what his problem is. With other bulbs he brightens up after he's warm. Using digital hygrometer with probes. Ah well, he's fine none the less.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey everyone!

I saw The Avengers movie yesterday it was good.
Then we picked up my 3 gourami fish..one dwarf
2 kissing..well they're not mine. They're for a friend
when she gets back into town so I figure I can help
them get used to people and how we make noise and
motion. They won't eat yet but that's fine. Ok the dwarf
is mine but the kissing won't stay. Two of them. They're all girls so yeah. Also picked up a male betta for my 10 gallon.
I have a female but I don't plan to breed because their naturual behavior towards each other even females. He's agressive and so is she so they're equal on that.

Broly is fine. He ate at 8:30 last night so he stayed up till 10:30 even though bedtime was 9. I'll weigh him later now he poops once daily now. So his tail is turning yellow so Im going to have to be on top of that. Oh and he's stalking poor Loki (my betta, I know, my gerbil's name). Loki can care less really.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
My friend just picked up her two kissing gouramis.
I bagged them up for her and let em stay in my tank
that way. My female betta and female dwarf swim
together so that's cute. Most articles I read say dwarf
gouramis and bettas can't be together. I don't know if it's
a phase or she's just not ready to beat her down. The dwarf
seems very shy so maybe she won't do jack.

Broly just had mustards for lunch (2 leaves worth dont worry he won't eat more than that). He had 3 crix with calcium then went with 6 hornworms. I hope that wasn't bad idea. Baby horns. His stool may be watery tomorrow because I read horns have water in them or something.
Day 2, he pooped on the paper towel so I think...he's understanding.

Still trying to finish the cage for Broly so he'll start shedding again. My friend has been out sick so he hasn't been able to come over and work on our 40 gallon. So it may be June when it's done. I pieced all together just need to hook the reptisun t5 HO in. He has the stuff to hook it up. We're slowly working on the cage (slow because he gets sick a lot) I tell him see a doctor but he doesn't. He has a compromised immune system so I think he has adeno but he doesn't wanna know if he has it. He can be stressful sometimes.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Finally got my friend to the hospital and he has adeno. He's coping well of course.

Broly is about ready to shed the body from the beard down to his tail. Weighed him early today and he's 46 grams now.
Totally getting big and feeling heavy too. Almost 50! Yes!

I got a few things I need because I'll help my friend deal with adenovirus, Broly is here but in the guest room I don't know if he can catch adeno off a person. I got the crix and roaches in the guest room. He's set up with all his lights and food. Pooping well. I'll be here till he's no longer depressed about his condition. He's one of those depressed people that want to kill themselves..so Im here to help him.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
You be careful you don't get it Kami. It can be passed from human to human and there are no treatments for it other than symptomatic treatment like eye drops for the conjunctivitis >pink eye>. I don't know if it can be passed to reptiles from humans or not but you can get it from him. Wear a mask and keep your hands clean! The virus can shed for months through stools and respiratory droplets which you can pick up in the air. There is a vaccine for it but, its only available for the military. Antivirals are ineffective and Adeno can affect the tonsils, adenoids, intestines and sinuses. Its worse in those with compromised immune systems.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Yes, the dr made it aware. I have gloves and mask at all times. I do take off gloves and wash my hands to feed Broly
just in case human adeno can be passed from human to reptile. His wife is going to be upset but I'll make sure she's aware when she gets back into town tomorrow morning. I can get up on crutches if he needs anything. He's very sweet and I totally don't want to abandon him because of adeno but I am a germophobe I do not like germs so I am very clean around him and Broly. I wash afte handling Broly and my friend's dishes and what not.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I'm sorry to hear about your friend Kami, I was told once that it's difficult to pass anything from human to reptile as different strains. Glad you're taking precautions, though, being a germaphobe is good under most circumstances!

And Broly is almost 50 g!!! That is awesome!

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom