Broly the new super saiyan beardie

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
His head and sides are waxy feeling not his back yet.
Legs hadn't shed ever really...well ok that's a lie, they
have when he did a full body shed. His legs look longer
though. He ate all 3x breakfast: 23 roaches - calcium,
lunch: mustard greens and 14 p.worms and dinner: 12 crix.

I'm doing ok, my boyfriend is home and going to bed. I've been up since 6am. Broly up at 8am. Hope everyone is having a good Tuesday nothing really on so I may just go to bed in 30 minutes, which would make it 9 - Broly's lights out time.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Broly is doing good early morning bath and then fed and cleaned out his bug bowl, somehow guts are in it. He had 13 crix sprayed with calcium. Lunch is at 1 or 12:30 if Im going to be lazy. Still all 15 minutes he wanted 13. I had 17 in total in there. He did poop so he's not full ah whatever at least he still in good health.

Found one scissortail dead and betta pecking at him I scooped him in the net and buried him outside his sister is doing well. She no longer messes with my female betta who is laying infertile eggs so her and the scissortail have a treat. Will still get her a friend one day.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Not only is Broly attracted to my window but also found
out my eel and my two other fish (was 4 but my sister wanted my female eel and the scissortail is dead.) so he likes the tanks and window if there is sun. No sun he doesn't want out on the window. I want the rain to stop coming it's friggen spring, go away now! Yeah, sunny right now but goodness all it does is rain after that. It annoys you when the weather stays cold and it rains for a while then sun then back to rain.

Did I mid week weigh in and Broly is 32 still. We'll see if he goes up any on Saturday.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
So our pipes got bitten by rats so we have silicone on the pipe. Gotta wait 5 hours though needs to dry. Damn effin rats! We're gonna have to take care of them. No dishes or flushing toilets and showers. I miss the water...in the meantime, people are making food so more dishes in the sink and can't use the friggin water! Sorry, but having people cook is a stupid idea my mom came up with!!! I have to friggin clean up tomorrow morning...feels like it will be forever when I can start cleaning!! Ok rant over.

Broly is doing well he eats and Idk his weight since Wednesday. We'll know tomorrow if he gained or lost or maintain the same. So far no incidents since April 3. He has no health problems so far. Obviously he is 3-4 months based on his length which 8-9 1/2".

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Broly ate 6 p.worms for breakfast with vitamin.

We also had to pump our septic tank out today (it was due).
It annoyed me that mom didn't want anyone to shower but I did well. I showered now but yeah. Broly also pooped and no matter how much I feed he gains 2-3 grams, he's 34 by the way.

He is shedding his lower half of his legs. Glad he's still growing though. His legs take forever to start and finish.
He loves to bask with his legs stretched out behind him and does a bit of a twitch (like you do when you stretch in the mornings your legs would shake a little bit) he does that, I see him do it every morning and only in the mornings he stretches (beard, stomach and legs). Quite a character, I never had a beardie who stretches like humans would.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I fed him all 3x and he pooped.

I let him out, well since he decided it'd be great to get
behind the window in between the glass and screen. I got him out with a couple of drags so he didn't get hurt but was stress that I had to drag him out. His joints work and neck is fine. Window is closed next time he's out so that won't happen again. He got better as I fed a waxworm and no longer stressed. I would never drag unless absolutely necessary.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Rainy and cold again. Fed Broly his foods. But since I feel out of it and not ready to wake up at all even after setting up food for him. I'm done with all his food today and going to bed even though it's 5:51pm here. Also not much of anything going on.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Still raining here.

So my mom and sister is driving my dad up to Portland.
8 hours in a car will pretty insane to me I can't sit in a car
for 8 hours plus, Broly needs to eat in a 3 hour period (every 3 hours) he'll also be pooping and leaving at 7am won't help pick it up. I'll be staying here because Broly needs to be fed. I don't think he can go 8 hours in between breakfast and dinner (too late for lunch). He's still not shedding his body but there is lone scales coming off..I see stray scales shedding. Looks like shedding scale by scale. So obviously growing in some way.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Sunny finally!

Too cold for Broly though, have to be summer when it hits low 70s (that's as hot as it gets...unless it gets to 89 for some reason).

My family went to Portland so I am at home because I didnt want my baby to be alone, knowing him he'd be stuck with his poop because no one would be home to take it out.

I'll update later if there is anything to say.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Just got caught up with everything, glad Broly is gaining, he's eating alot so that's just how he grows. As for the shedding, that happens to mine, too, sometimes, scale by scale. Rubio used to do that all the time.

Sorry to hear about the rats, drag for all of you. Glad that got sorted, though. I used to have pack rats in a house I used to rent, I had to put food laced with poison behind the oven drawer (took the drawer off), they took the food back to their nest and it killed them. I tried to trap the darned things but couldn't get them all, they left poop all over the downstairs, had to clean up every morning. I just covered the hold at the bottom of the stove with cardboard so my cat wouldn't get into it. Not sure what you can do at your end, though.

I've had to drag my dragons out of messes they've gotten into, too, and they've never been the worse for wear, glad you found him, though. He sure is a curious dragon, just like mine! You've seen pictures of where they've gotten themselves stuck :lol:

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Oh yeah especially Cierra! She is a curious one.

I have a feeling when he is finished shed scale by scale there may be a full shed. His front and back leg lower half of them are white so they're going to shed.

My boy always wants to stay between glass and screen of the window. He almost got his neck broke. So now it's closed when he's out. Yeah, no matter what he he gains slow and now 36 grams. Just glad he has fat pads on tail and head (even though they can't be seen like in older dragons)

We let the cats go downstairs to the basement. So they'll being taken care of. We have 4 that go down there. We also have mice so yeah. We got it taken care of.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I examined Broly under him..I see shed lines on all four legs and part of beard. Makes sense since his head has felt waxy for a long time. I can't force any sheds to come off. They're not flaking anyway. So it's exciting to see how much he's grown when he's finished. We know weight isn't too much but anxious to see how long he gets. He also has a ring of yellow under his beard so either natural color or shedding.
It's equal on both sides of his neck and it's really pretty.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
It's pretty alright...it's a shed because it's waxy feeling. I decided to touch it because if it was like scales then color if it had waxy feeling then shed. Texture is a great way to tell.
I wouldn't touch YFungus...gross <--- I will never touch that just stating.

It is harder to get under his folds so I'm not sure how to get at it plus he doesn't want me to scrub it he puts his hands on his spiderman toothbrush..his beard is yellow and waxy but not ready to come off. The areas feel like a candle. Do I wait because they don't want to come off? He will be getting daily baths. Ha! I knew it! He is a yellow shedder! Should have named him Pikachu LOL!

He usually sleeps in a corner but not tonight, he slept at the front of the tank. I just covered him. I guess he spent a lot of energy shedding his foot or something and was too tired by 7pm to move. 7 is ok he falls asleep around 8 unless I pick him up. 7 is only two hours before bedtime.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
He ate early and pooped normal then another it was runny so definitely isolated and waaaay too much hydration. Wet foods and baths...how I know because his color is good not dark. Some yellow came off but I think most is his actual color. Can't tell it's yellow unless you shine a light. Anyway,
he's doing great like nothing ever happened. Up, eyes open and alert. Gave him a bath today to replenish hydration but will lay off after today. I don't have dry food so is laying off bath good enough? No supers this time. Just p.worms, crix, dubia, greens, dragon bites, baby food and occasional wax worm. They all have good hydration. But he's doing real well. Just I give him too much hydrated foods obviously.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom