Broly the new super saiyan beardie

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Broly ate his crickets. But hesitate to eat some greens. He likes greens so why hesitation? He may be going into shed just not showing any shed line or greying out. He might soon he'll be 24 weeks (start of 6 months old). He's doing great with protein feedings. Just greens he seems to hesitate then eat. I guess he may be either feeling a shed coming that I don't see or starting to be picky with what he wants. Last time he did this he was shedding his tail.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Thats not all!

He rests between 6:30 and 7pm thats way before bed.
But active during the day and eats so no signs of ill there.

Tom is coming! Too bad it's only until Tue (the 7th) thats ok we'll make the best of it.

Broly ate 50 crix with calcium so that was good, may have to upgrade to large (not yet) but soon, maybe 8 months old.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I woke up to a watery poop almost like diarrhea, hard to clean up so I shrugged it off since it did not stink no more than normal. So I went out and did some errands. I came home to a more formed but not firm poop. Boy, he had a great appetite besides that mess. Not losing weight either, I checked. I gave him a bath to restore fluids. I took out the carpet and ran it under the sink with soap to wash the poop residue. I'm thinking either upset stomach or hydrated (very) since he didn't seem like he has parasites/worms.
Lethargy-no
Stink bad-no
Lost weight or appetite-no
So far just the two poops today seemed off.

I honestly think he's getting over a stressed/upset tummy
because my boyfriend and Zim are here. He's never seen them before. His poops were fine yesterday his second one a bit hydrated but chalked that up from his bath yesterday.

We'll check his poop tomorrow (goes only twice a day) and if it's still like this we'll schedule a visit on Monday (Saturday is half day (most likely busy too) for the vets and closed Sunday). I hope it's either hydration or upset tummy

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Thanks Deb! I'm hoping he's ok or I will get soy yogurt so he's all set for probiotics. I kinda want him to poop now but he won't.

But the second one wasn't a blob it was more formed but needs to be firm. I'm so nervous he's ill. I got butterflies I hope I can sleep even though my boyfriend is here. It's hard to ask my mom to take a poop down to the vet (he can't get parasites because he doesn't go outside) tried to tell her it doesn't work that way. She doesn't understand. I'm "over obsessive" of him is all she says. I will push as hard as I can even if she gets mad and thinks it's a "waste of money" because he looks healthy.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Well he's a lot better in color. He was just dark from morning till bed. I chalked that up to his belly. Today, he's his light orange/yellow color. A bit on the thin side but I will chalk that to his belly as well. He'll get fed today and he should go up in belly weight.

Talked to my vet, he said he should be fine, new people (unless hand tamed which Broly is still going through) can be stressful to them and cause runny poop. He also said try not bathing every day see if it stiffens up a bit. Plus, I give him hydrated foods, greens, dragon bites and veggies and crix/roaches and worms, on occasion, baby food. He said go with greens and protien for now. Leave out worms. He agreed his light colors are a good sign, yesterday, since he stayed dark the entire day he may have an upset tummy. If nothing works, then bring him and poop (if runny still).

Edit: he pooped and it was solid formed not runny looking. And hydrated for sure he had a ring of water like usual hydrated dragon poop.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Glad to hear he's all better today. If the worms are phoenix worms I'd continue giving him those, so good for him. But if you're giving him small supers I agree with the vet. Cierra had to be switched to roaches, she gave up on crickets and small supers give her the runs, too. She's great on the roaches & believe it or not, she eats adult male dubia, wings and all & digests them completely. So she's on roaches only & Nathaniel is on supers as he digests them really well. So it's good that I finally figured out who likes what!

He'll get his weight back soon, just keep feeding him as many bugs as he'll eat, plus greens. Do you put the beardie bites in his salad? I never could get any of mine to eat them. They're all so different when it comes to food :D

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
He's only 29 still so no biggie, he should be getting more on him but since yesterday's tummy issue I'll leave it be and check next Saturday then. Well he bounced from 30-29 so no biggie he had an issue. I'll get that weight back up to where it needs to go. You're right Deb he IS on the small side! I measured and he's 9 1/2"! I had to edit that..his tail was curved and could not get him to straighten for me. Not 8 1/2"...sorry.

Yes, he likes dragon bites alone not on his salad. He picks them off and eats them if they are on his salad. Touch greens when he's done with them. And yeah they were small supers. I had to order pheonix again. Apparently he can't handle small supers. So my eel had them (had 5 anyway), he's just fine with them, no runs.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Kami,

How is Broly doing? Did all of his shedding go well for him I hope?
It sounds like he is eating a lot right now, that is wonderful. I think he must have had a little bit of an upset tummy. Maybe some food didn't quite settle right tor something.
They are so picky with their greens sometimes!

I hope all is going great for you both. :D

Tracie

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
He is 32g now, so he's going up! He's feeling a lot better.
So that's a lot better. Gets dark by nightfall so Idk what's that about. His temps are in basking are 107, warm side 82 and cool side 76.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Got home from Eugene, OR, Easter had the mall closed up there so yay...not!

I found a T-Rex at Toys R Us and I couldn't resist it's my favorite dinosaur since I was 6 years old. It was $21 as well.
Thats cheap. I had extra money to spare so I did go out.

Broly was a good boy he did poop Idk the texture of it, but I assume fine since he's not dark from morning to dark again.
I was out all day so thats why I don't know the texture of his poop. He ate some greens becuase I came home to it half eaten. Not going to ask my mom of the consistency of his business if it's runny mom would say "it's nothing".

aepstein

BlueDragon09":1bdc2f2l said:
He is 32g now, so he's going up! He's feeling a lot better.
So that's a lot better. Gets dark by nightfall so Idk what's that about. His temps are in basking are 107, warm side 82 and cool side 76.

They get dark when they are absorbing heat. My beardie does this when I hold him (my hands are usually very warm), or later in the evening when he's soaking the heat up from his favorite perch

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
He likes to perch on his branch 6" from his uvb thats his thing.
It's not hot there I think he tries to cool off before bed. He's a very calm beardie. Almost hand tamed! Not quite. Still using the CHE because my room drops to 64, no insulation there, either hot or cold. Mostly cold. Usually 59 during winter nights. I gave him crix tonight. I'm tired I don't want to do a bath. I will tomorrow, promise! He's not looking dehydrated anyway.

Thanks for idea, aepstein.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
So Tom leaves tomorrow. I'm mostly bored when he goes but I'm learning to just 'let go" like most of you has said when Rex was moving back home to California. So I'll have my room back and be alone. I have problems sitting still when I feel nervous for someone that I love going on road trips or plane.

Broly ate all 3x today his body still goes dark but not his legs, feet or tail I think he's going for shed not sure as I don't see a shed line we'll soon find out if he flakes or not.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom