Broly the new super saiyan beardie

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Hi...

Sorry to hear that you lost your service dog. Hopefully the new one will work out for you. German shepherds are good at all kinds of service things as I understand it. We had a young one once but she disappeared on the 4th of July and we never found her. Probably panicked because of the fireworks and got out of the yard somehow.

Our weather has been warm and not too much rain -- not enough, really. We've got a fire burning somewhere around here -- it's smoky today and the sun is orange. This is forest fire season and we usually get them in the summer, worse when it's dry.

Puff is doing as well as can be expected considering his age and adenovirus. Eating lots of Repashy grub pie (he likes it and it makes a good laxative) and a few crickets and almost no veggies, and pooping more often, but lately he usually makes a big mess in his tank instead of doing it in the bath like he used to. He's not so good at staying out of it anymore either, so he often makes a mess all over himself as well. My husband usually cleans up after him while I cuddle him (after he gets washed up). He tolerates it and he's usually quiet about it, but I'm not sure if he really likes it.

My husband has more staycation at the end of this month. We have some plans for a day trip and one overnight visit with friends and relatives (Puff is ok alone for one night) and a few doctor's appointments and such. Happy summer...

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

Not much going on. It’s summer but also raining on Monday. Unusual as it never rains here in summer.

I’ve been doing a decent job caring for the reptiles and modding a friend’s discord server. I never thought I’d be on discord being a moderator. It’s partly why Im not on here as much. We even go outside for real uvb while I sit in shade because skin cancer risk and the dragons are in the bunny hutch. Don’t worry the screen isn’t blocking UVB it’s big enough for it.

Same old stuff. Everyone is healthy, eating, drinking and baths if anyone needs it. They don’t get much baths. They do drink lots of water and eating food with water content. I recently picked up mustard greens. They eat collards but I decided to switch it up when one goes bad. Every other week will be collards then 2 weeks later will be mustard greens. It’s quiet here. We did see Jurassic World Dominion. I enjoyed it though lots of people didn’t. They had some negatives about it. Tom and I enjoyed it. I watched it for fun not like it was a homework assignment. I was glued to the screen from start to finish. Good movie. I love dinosaurs what can I say? Lol.

Oh Reaper the puppy is doing well. He’s really learning. He watches over the beardies, hamster and our cats. He does his best to calm my anxiety at night, especially when Tom works late. I have an anxiety disorder called GAD - Generalized Anxiety Disorder. I have anxiety over friends knowing I can’t control anything. Im learning to cope through therapy and having my service puppy there to help. I take Reaper anywhere and he loves having a job to do. He’s at my feet right now and we’re gonna go walking in a bit (gets dark 9:40pm here). Tom will be home soon so we’ll wait then go walk. I just thought I’d give an update on everything before disappearing on Discord again lol.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Hey,

Not much going on. It’s summer but also raining on Monday. Unusual as it never rains here in summer.

I’ve been doing a decent job caring for the reptiles and modding a friend’s discord server. I never thought I’d be on discord being a moderator. It’s partly why Im not on here as much. We even go outside for real uvb while I sit in shade because skin cancer risk and the dragons are in the bunny hutch. Don’t worry the screen isn’t blocking UVB it’s big enough for it.

Same old stuff. Everyone is healthy, eating, drinking and baths if anyone needs it. They don’t get much baths. They do drink lots of water and eating food with water content. I recently picked up mustard greens. They eat collards but I decided to switch it up when one goes bad. Every other week will be collards then 2 weeks later will be mustard greens. It’s quiet here. We did see Jurassic World Dominion. I enjoyed it though lots of people didn’t. They had some negatives about it. Tom and I enjoyed it. I watched it for fun not like it was a homework assignment. I was glued to the screen from start to finish. Good movie. I love dinosaurs what can I say? Lol.

Oh Reaper the puppy is doing well. He’s really learning. He watches over the beardies, hamster and our cats. He does his best to calm my anxiety at night, especially when Tom works late. I have an anxiety disorder called GAD - Generalized Anxiety Disorder. I have anxiety over friends knowing I can’t control anything. Im learning to cope through therapy and having my service puppy there to help. I take Reaper anywhere and he loves having a job to do. He’s at my feet right now and we’re gonna go walking in a bit (gets dark 9:40pm here). Tom will be home soon so we’ll wait then go walk. I just thought I’d give an update on everything before disappearing on Discord again lol.
I didn't realize that it didn't rain much in Oregon in the summer -- I thought it rained all the time. We haven't had enough rain here lately and the fire danger is getting high. We've even had a few fires right here in Anchorage. So far they've managed to put them out before they did too much damage, but it's been too close for comfort.

We just got back from an overnight trip to visit family in Homer (200+ miles south of here) -- My step mother in law who lives on the wildlife preserve that she started with my father in law (who is dead now) and we also got to see my niece who also lives in Homer now. We were lucky to get in touch with my niece and find a way to get together. Last year we missed her.

Puff spent one night alone so the heat lamps were on all night, but he was still on his basking platform when we got back. I was surprised that he didn't get more than enough heat and light and go in his hide. I don't think he did while we were gone because once he goes in there he usually doesn't go back "upstairs" until we put him there. I think maybe he's not up to climbing back up anymore. He missed his bath and feeding for one day but he got taken care of yesterday after we got back -- a little late in the evening but at least we did it. All the crickets died off before he ate them this time around, so my husband is off to the petstore now to get more.

We do collard greens and mustard greens for Puff too. Mostly dandelions now that it's summer. The yard is full of them so they're free. Puff doesn't eat greens very often, but my husband likes dandelion greens himself. I don't -- they're bitter, as far as I'm concerned, although the flowers are pretty bland. They say they're not so bitter when they're young, so I may have to try that.

We used to go to movies when we were first married, but we don't anymore. They've gotten too expensive. So I have to wait until they go on TV or the internet or whatever it is nowadays. I've seen most of the other Jurassic Park movies except for the most recent ones. I liked them all even though some of them didn't get good reviews. I love dinosaurs too. Maybe that's why I like beardies. It's more or less a little dinosaur :)

My husband has a few more days off and then back to work next week. Dental appointments for both of us this afternoon (routine cleaning) and then he's going to go do volunteer work for the day on Friday. He gets paid for doing a day of some kind of volunteer work one day a quarter, I think it is. He works for a non profit and they're into all kinds of community service, so that's how they encourage their employees to do that. My husband loves to help people so he loves his job, and I'm glad he's found a job that gives him so much fulfillment.

Have fun on Discord!

shb

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

Not too much happening except found out I have metabolic syndrome. Which is a big word for heart problems, pre diabetes, problems with weight loss. I have meds for the high cholesterol and diabetes. Insulin resistant too. Idk if I ever told you this. I might have Idk... I told many people because they all wanted to know what the doctor said. Ive been walking a lot in July and I plan on it this month since next month she’s gonna check my results from bloodwork. This determines stay on meds or get off them. I want to get off so we’ll see what I can do. I may turn out diabetic anyway but Ive lost some weight already. I gotta keep going though some muscles are sore.

As for beardies, leo geckos, dogs and cats, they’re doing fine. Broly isn’t a fan of mustard greens lol. The others will eat them. Broly’s a squash, collards and bugs guy. Picky boy. He’ll be 8 in January if I remember correctly that’s when beardies start hitting senior years. Oh well, time for softer foods, grated squash, repashy grubpie etc. I mean they still eat grubpie every now and again. Broly will need softer foods more. Other than the pickiness he’s fine.

Time to train, Reaper and walk time. So we’ll talk soon.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Hi...

I'm probably headed down the road to "metabolic syndrome" too, but I gave up on dieting and exercising a long time ago. At least I'm not diabetic (yet!) I'm on blood pressure, cholesterol, and anti-clotting medication now, as well as my "crazy pills," as I call them. As my husband once said, "I've got enough drugs to open a pharmacy!" He's in the same boat with meds, but for different reasons. He's as skinny as I am fat. We are even getting some of my meds from Canada because they're too expensive in the U.S.

Puff has been going through phases as far as eating and hiding. He'll stay out of his hide every day for several weeks, then back in it every day also for several weeks. Today is a hide day. He's still pooping in his tank instead of in his bath, and making big sloppy messes for us to clean up, but at least he's pooping more often. We'll take it any way we can get it these days. We get worried when he doesn't poop for too long, especially since he had that almost prolapse a while ago. Turned out he was trying to pass a big hard urate, and once it was out, everything went back in. Phew. Repashy grub pie seems to help with that.

He went through a phase where he was eating nothing but crickets, but for the last few days he's been eating nothing but grub pie, squash, and greens. He gets mostly dandelion greens in the summer -- our yard is full of them.

Congratulations on keeping Broly alive for almost 8 years! You're obviously taking very good care of him. Our vet is impressed that Puff has managed to survive for 10 years, especially with adenovirus.

We've been getting some much needed rain lately, but it's been "warm" (70s) when it's sunny, so it's nice when it cools off. I'm an Alaskan now -- 70s is too "hot" for me, especially since it tends to get hotter in the house than it is outside, even with the windows open. We don't have much "summer" left -- it usually turns cool and rainy in August. August used to be the hottest month in California, but nowadays I couldn't stand the heat they're getting in the "lower 48" lately. I hope you're getting whatever temperatures are comfortable for you when you go on your walks.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I see my lizard is being given Allopurinol 100ml tablet 10mg/ml (0.4) and tramadol 0.2ml every other day to help with gout. I have tramadol at home can I water it down and give it to her and if so do anyone know how much to water down ?
323A2CAE-899F-4592-90D2-DC37D45A30F1.jpeg

Baby photo! Look at how little and cute I was!!!
C34BF977-474F-4233-BF7E-8C797567E429.jpeg
Buffy snuggling with my partner!!!
Gout in bearded dragons
So freaking handsome I just love youuuuu so much 💕

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drekiaa
Top Bottom