Bred my bettas

BPSabelhaus

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Alex
1000012976.jpg

Purple 💜

And I have a male and female. It would be inbreeding, but damn. I got two purple Bettas :)

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel my female two year old beardie
View attachment 89848
Purple 💜

And I have a male and female. It would be inbreeding, but damn. I got two purple Bettas :)
Those are gorgeous ones! I remember when I bred some I had two blue ones and I got three random white/pink ones two female and one male which I cant complain the white/pink ones are absolutely gorgeous we kept the male one and he's still alive to this day

BPSabelhaus

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Alex
The pond is so relaxing. Alex loves watching the goldfish and splashing in the filter outflow on hot days. The filter is on an old surgical table. Flows onto the table to feed water loving plants. So she gets a nice very shallow bit of moving water, like a little river that's basically ankle deep for her. Lots of splashing water from outlet hitting various broken pottery pieces.

ChileanTaco

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Taco
Your Alex also loves watching fish? That's funny :) We (only) have a small aquarium on a stand approx. 1 meter away from Taco's enclosure and he loves watching the fish. The fish are basically my husband's pets (in fact, it doesn't matter, but he is more into fish, I'm more into insects and reptiles but basically... as he phrases it "the issue is, she loves all kinds of animals" :D), and when he's cleaning the aquarium, or putting in new plants, Taco is extra alert.
(The fish are platy which breed like crazy, and four catfish.)

With having something outdoors, I bet you also have such as dragonflies, water beetles and maybe frogs?

Last edited:

BPSabelhaus

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Alex
Your Alex also loves watching fish? That's funny :) We (only) have a small aquarium on a stand approx. 1 meter away from Taco's enclosure and he loves watching the fish. The fish are basically my husband's pets (in fact, it doesn't matter, but he is more into fish, I'm more into insects and reptiles but basically... as he phrases it "the issue is, she loves all kinds of animals" :D), and when he's cleaning the aquarium, or putting in new plants, Taco is extra alert.
(The fish are platy which breed like crazy, and four catfish.)

With having something outdoors, I bet you also have such as dragonflies, water beetles and maybe frogs?
Yeah, I keep a tank of male Endlers (wild guppy cousin) that I culled from my other tanks because they were too pretty lol Wrong tail for a wild caught strain? Sorry, cull lol It's right across from her tank and she loves watching it. I bring her up to the glass and she loves it. Scraping at the glass to get the fish.

She has eaten a couple lol

ChileanTaco

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Taco
I bring her up to the glass and she loves it. Scraping at the glass to get the fish.
I also did so, but honestly, with increasing weight and strength, I don't dare to do so anymore as I fear Taco might jump into the aquarium. This guy is strong.

(One might put a lid on the aquarium, but: We weren't able to get a lid for the aquarium yet, wasn't available with the aquarium and the hardware stores don't sell anything in the range of a glass of approx. the right size or a thick sheet of transparent plastic that one could cut up.)

BPSabelhaus

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Alex
Going to keep all of those ones lol I have a male and a female, but I'd like to have options before I do another round. I'd rather avoid inbreeding, but I might have to in order to express the gene. Need to deep dive Betta genetics lol We have an unrelated male with a crown tail. But he's black body with red and orange. The purple is an irridescence in the scales and both of the purple ones so far are platinum body.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Going to keep all of those ones lol I have a male and a female, but I'd like to have options before I do another round. I'd rather avoid inbreeding, but I might have to in order to express the gene. Need to deep dive Betta genetics lol We have an unrelated male with a crown tail. But he's black body with red and orange. The purple is an irridescence in the scales and both of the purple ones so far are platinum body.
It would be cool if you end up developing your on line 😃

BPSabelhaus

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Alex
Eh, done that a few times with Endlers already lol

French blue lace, magenta full body snakeskin and the blonde saddleback version I call salmonberry.

PXL_20240318_184103830.jpg PXL_20240318_184021568.jpg PXL_20240408_234740595.MP.jpg

Magenta snakeskin saddleback. The females are gorgeous. Hard to get pretty females, most are quite plain.

PXL_20240124_190054569.jpg PXL_20240124_185758842.jpg

Working on this. Tigrinus pattern, blue tail and purple body magenta.
PXL_20240401_025657247.jpg

French blue lace. The genetics on this was tough. It's not actually a lace tail. Lace has full pattern in the tail.

This is :takes big breath: Asian blau X-linked homocercal with double extension tail.

Lace female has the lace tail and is easy to identify.

The homocercal tail on the female has a very faint line on the top and bottom. Body colored lol The line is irridescence and only shows under specific light conditions. That was a long genetic deep dive lol That strain breeds true, but I'm not done. I want blue top fin, purple body mutation so the blue pops and snakeskin body before I'm happy :) I'm breeding blue tail females to std French blue males that carry snakeskin fin (black speckles, black fin) to use to crossbreed with the lace.

PXL_20240314_161854350.MP.jpg

Last edited:

BPSabelhaus

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Alex
Posted a "free Bettas ad" on Craigslist last night. Email box exploded lol

10 Bettas got new homes today and I made people happy 😁 One hit me a bit hard. Neuro disabled adult like me, just a couple spectrums seperated. He was like a 6ft tall kid in a candy store lol Can I look at this one? This is so cool yada yada Couldn't decide which one he wanted out of three. We were talking and I started this conversation to his fish tanks.

His goldfish had gotten too big so they were now in a pond except for the smaller ones.
He has three open tanks.

Do you want all 3?

Just huge shocked look followed by a smile "can I?"

Sure dude, love on em' :)

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Posted a "free Bettas ad" on Craigslist last night. Email box exploded lol

10 Bettas got new homes today and I made people happy 😁 One hit me a bit hard. Neuro disabled adult like me, just a couple spectrums seperated. He was like a 6ft tall kid in a candy store lol Can I look at this one? This is so cool yada yada Couldn't decide which one he wanted out of three. We were talking and I started this conversation to his fish tanks.

His goldfish had gotten too big so they were now in a pond except for the smaller ones.
He has three open tanks.

Do you want all 3?

Just huge shocked look followed by a smile "can I?"

Sure dude, love on em' :)
Man, you are awesome 🙂

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EternalAzhrei
Top Bottom