Bred my bettas

BPSabelhaus

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Alex
Pretty sure I just officially separated the first male. One of the darker ones. Not sure if he'll be dark blue, black or purple yet. Real hot head though lol Prancing around the tank flaring at everything and just being a pest.

Must be male lol

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Hey Mike and John watch this imma gonna get my own tank today.
How ta gonna do that?
Owwie why did you bite me. Lol

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Wow it's hard to believe they grew that fast. That's amazing.

BPSabelhaus

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Alex
Wow it's hard to believe they grew that fast. That's amazing.
Honestly, I thought livebearers were fast.

But, these are not at all being treated like livebearers either lol I don't separate those fry. They just eat what the larger fish don't. Not to say they don't get fed live food etc... too. They just don't get high protein foods multiple times a day.

The Bettas get frozen bloodworms twice daily. Live mosquito larvae, daphnia, cyclopods, etc... almost daily. They get live food daily, but there might not be enough for everyone to have a meal. Depends on the mosquitoes lol

Once I move the Endlers into the outdoor tubs, they will grow faster as they will have access to the food the Bettas were eating

BPSabelhaus

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Alex
1000011807.jpg

1000011800.jpg

She's the only white one so far out of all the blue and one blue and white koi.

Wife wants her for her office, I want her here lol

Either way, she has a name so she'll be staying. Wife named her Elsa. She wants the koi too

PXL_20240402_034153447.jpg

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Very pretty. I've always liked betas I check them out everyvtime I go in a pet store

BPSabelhaus

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Alex
Very pretty. I've always liked betas I check them out everyvtime I go in a pet store

This guy is off to the store this weekend.

A long with a couple others. 1 day alone and the three largest males are making nest foundations at 2.5 months from spawning.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Wow he is gorgeous 😍

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Oh wow. That one looks cool.

BPSabelhaus

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Alex
Dropped off 5 at the pet store today. Got $15 store credit. Not bad. That will be some good cash towards a new tank for the cichlid. Thinking about a large bowfront aquarium across from Alex enclosure. Assuming it doesn't block the light switch lol But about 100 Betta at $3 ea is new tank money. Even if females are half price or something (3 males one female this time, but they were gorgeous females too lol the rest are blue) that will still pay for a better tank anyway.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vinny2010b
Top Bottom