BPSabelhaus

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Alex
1000010707.jpg

PXL_20240219_233432638.jpg

Bit of blue.

Anybody in the Seattle area. If you want one, just have a tank ready. Most are just going to be traded at the fish store for Alex treats :)

Munching on baby brine shrimp and other infusoria:)

Last edited:

BPSabelhaus

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Alex
PXL_20240302_231323612.jpg
PXL_20240302_231225992.jpg
PXL_20240302_231025857.jpg
PXL_20240302_230922853.jpg

Very fat :)

Not really. Just gave them some frozen bloodworms (chopped up) for the first time. Until now it's been all brine shrimp, scud larvae, small copepods and infusoria. So much fun watching them hunt. But, I can't breed live food at that scale. I do have bloodworms in my food cultures outside, when they breed lol Can't wait to start giving them mosquito larvae and eventually baby fish to eat :)

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
View attachment 87823 View attachment 87824 View attachment 87825 View attachment 87826

Very fat :)

Not really. Just gave them some frozen bloodworms (chopped up) for the first time. Until now it's been all brine shrimp, scud larvae, small copepods and infusoria. So much fun watching them hunt. But, I can't breed live food at that scale. I do have bloodworms in my food cultures outside, when they breed lol Can't wait to start giving them mosquito larvae and eventually baby fish to eat :)
Wow they are growing fast, that is SO friggen cool

BPSabelhaus

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Alex
Thanks,

It's been a fun project. Live-bearers like guppies are basically no input. They just breed and give birth constantly. Sure, they both have mating rituals and dances but the betta male builds a nest, guards the fry etc... Guppies and Endlers are born as mini clones. Bettas hatch then swim vertically for the first few days as basically pinheads with a tail. Then they start swimming normally. Then they develop into fry very similar to guppies. After that they start to look like mini Bettas or gouramis lol I have to feed them too lol Endlers and guppy babies just eat whatever leftovers are in the tank.

Bettas are the Jurassic park T-Rex. They don't want to be fed, they want to hunt :) The hunting is adorable. Just tiny little predators doing big predator things on a tiny scale :) I can spend an hour after feeding just watching the tiny mouths make tiny shrimp disappear:)

Fortunately Alex saw the snow and decided a few more weeks of brumation would be nice. So she's not losing much love :)

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I've always loved aquariums but I was never good at keeping them. Luckily I'm better with beardies lol

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel my female two year old beardie
Thanks,

It's been a fun project. Live-bearers like guppies are basically no input. They just breed and give birth constantly. Sure, they both have mating rituals and dances but the betta male builds a nest, guards the fry etc... Guppies and Endlers are born as mini clones. Bettas hatch then swim vertically for the first few days as basically pinheads with a tail. Then they start swimming normally. Then they develop into fry very similar to guppies. After that they start to look like mini Bettas or gouramis lol I have to feed them too lol Endlers and guppy babies just eat whatever leftovers are in the tank.

Bettas are the Jurassic park T-Rex. They don't want to be fed, they want to hunt :) The hunting is adorable. Just tiny little predators doing big predator things on a tiny scale :) I can spend an hour after feeding just watching the tiny mouths make tiny shrimp disappear:)

Fortunately Alex saw the snow and decided a few more weeks of brumation would be nice. So she's not losing much love :)
I've had guppies they're really annoying I like betas better than guppies.

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel my female two year old beardie
Those are gorgeous! I've had the tigers, round tail, Tuxedo, and mixes of them since theu bred like crazy. We had some cool leopard patterned ones too. they're cool but annoying 😂

BPSabelhaus

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Alex
13 are showing off and fighting, so that's most of the big boys lol
1000011509.jpg

Last stop before a jar and a line to the office lol

PXL_20240321_195219045.jpg
1000011500.jpg

Basically separating fish by aggression and top fin size. Fish that appear male will stay in jars, fish that appear female will go back into the 20 once all the smaller fish are in detention lol

Should be taking fish to the store in about 2 weeks is my guess.

BPSabelhaus

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Alex
This has been a super cool thread to follow!!!!
Fortunately Alex saw her shadow and was back in brumation for much of this.

1000011487.jpg

But she's back to pooping inappropriately lol That was the newer of the two. Gotta make another lol

BPSabelhaus

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Alex
HI ALEX!!!!
She looks quite relaxed lol.

The picture barely conveys it lol.

She was reeeeeelaaaaaaaaxeeeeeeed

Just rescued this Cichlid. Now I need to move the baby bettas out of the tank I just put them back in lol The tank it came in is far too small.

PXL_20240324_041329998.jpg

Alex has some cute competition lol Can't wait to introduce her tomorrow. It was lights out when this popped up as having to go ASAP. Guy paid somebody to do work at his boat shop while he was in Florida for a few months. Guy moved into the shop for a few months of free rent and bolted when the owner got back having not done any work. Left behind this Cichlid in a pretty cool tank. I thought it was going to be maybe 2in.... It's pushing 6 lol His wife was angry and wanted to flush the fish (revenge?) Anyway, I wanted the tank and got a cool surprise inside again :)

No idea if it's male or female as I never even thought about them. We named it Woodstock :)

Last edited:

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom