Boodah,Crush,Gizmo,Princess n Mika! Updated 4/23 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though we are still mourning our little Spike, he led us to our new luvbug, Boodah! I don't know if I am supposed to say, but we visited with Tom of TND Dragons today. He was wonderful and has the most beautiful dragons who are very well loved and cared for. Tom and his wife are so friendly and welcoming.

Here are the first pics of Boodah who is still settling in having just arrived home this afternoon. He weighed in at 14g today! More than double Spike! Boodah is wicked FAST and luvs jumping around his viv. He is extremely inquisitive and we can't wait until he's completely settled in and his full personality comes thru. Boodah is already very feisty and we are hopelessly head over heels in luv!

100_1911.jpg

100_1912.jpg

060.jpg

058.jpg

The kindness and generosity of everyone on this forum astounds me. It really is like a family here and I am so grateful for all of you. It's amazing how many wonderful friends I've made already. Thank you for your never-ending support during our trying times with Spike and for helping us welcome Boodah into our family.

spikerocks

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Hey guys! Thanks for thinking of us! It's been a long couple of months. The road to recovery from the parasitic infections has been a LONG one! :roll: Although everyone finally tested negative back in September, it was only about 3 weeks ago that all of my beardies seemed to really return to their normal selves. They are all FINALLY eating well and very active. Crush was the first to come around, then Boodah followed by Gizmo and then Princess.

Princess wanted to brumate more than Gizmo. She was very sleepy from November until last week. Now she is awake with a vengenace! She wants to be out and about all the time. If I don't have her out running around, she's glass dancing non-stop. Boodah turned 1 back on December 18th! He has definitely taken on the role of alpha male around here! :lol: Gizmo is Gizmo. Until last week he hadn't eaten any worms since July! He still won't touch any supers but he's eating silk and hornworms. Crush will eat pretty much anything I give him.

So without further adieu, here are a few pics from today:
First up, Princess:
photo-24.jpg

photo-17.jpg

photo-12.jpg

Gizmo:
photo-25.jpg

photo-13.jpg

Crush:
photo-14.jpg

photo-18.jpg

photo-20.jpg

photo-21.jpg

And the baby, Boodah:
photo-23.jpg

photo-22.jpg

photo-15.jpg

All my babies have shed within the last two weeks for the first time since the summer! YAY! I am SO glad they are all back to normal. Princess ate a stinkbug yesterday! Boodah did the same a few months back and he was out of sorts for almost three weeks! So far, Princess seems to be fine.

healthybeardie

Juvie Member
Jane,

Glad to hear everyone's doing well. I can't get over how HUGE Crush is! They look awesome and glad they're eating well for you.

Jodi

fez09

Extreme Poster
YAY! You're back! The dragons look great, that's funny that they're all shedding together! So glad that all the parasites are long gone!

spikerocks

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Jodi, I hear Luther (aka Woofy) is HUGE these days. I hope Boodah catches up! I'll have to look up his thread.

Katrina, My beardies went so long without shedding, I was really worried! It is funny tho that they all started recovering around the same exact time! Within a week or so of each other!

Barb, Thanks for checking in on us. I checked your thread and was astonished by how big Roux is now! Amazing. Crush has really grown and now is starting to fill out along with some nice fat pads on his head. His appetite is HUGE these days so I am keeping an eye on him. He still wants feederrs every day withhis salads! I don't want him to get fat.

Although I hadn't been on much, I was still in touch with Tom and Lance, getting guidance for dealing with Princess' brumation. She is basking inthe window as I type and has bbeen a challenge this last week. She wants out ALL the time. Maybe she's confused and thinks it's spring??? She seems fine even tho she ate the stink bug. She's still eating n running all over. Boodah was a mess when it happened to him. I guess it holds true for beardie males just as humans, men are babies when sick or injured!!! LOL

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Hi Jane, welcome back, sorry you've had such a hassle with parasites with your 4, glad to hear they're all well. As far as Princess, yes as soon as the beardies wake up, it's SPRING, even if there's snow out, it's cold or rainy, doesn't matter. I really enjoyed the pics. Crush is sure a beautiful colour & Boodah is HUGE for a year old. I'm glad they're all back to normal. Our 4 boys went bonkers when they first woke up, only Rubio's just waking up from about 3 mo or so of full brumation (he's only 2!) Lonzo's doing well, considering he'll be 8 yrs old in April. Sweetie is still a laying machine, laid a clutch (infertile, always) and another clutch last week. I'm hoping she'll calm down. Leo is still fat (he was so skinny when he was rescued, I don't mind him having a nice belly). Didi, our foster beardies, is bright orange and has gained weight since he's been with us since last July. His owner, Nicole, is teaching English in Japan for a year, so we'll have to give him back in July this year, sigh, we've gotten really attached to him.

Hope to hear from you again,
Hugs
Deb

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I've found that out. Didi has become one of the gang, and is very comfy here. But he's still in his own tank and has all his own things, besides a couple of things from Roger, too. We still have him for a 5 months, but it'll be difficult to hand him back to Nicole!

Jane, your crew looks so well fed and happy. It's hard to look at Boodah & see this really big beardie. He's doing so well, got lots of tummy to lie on and a nice beard, WOW, they sure grow fast. Rubio's like Boodah, he's 21 1/2" long, with a tail nip, but is big, he weights 795grams. He's not lost much since he started brumating, as I'd wake him up to drink water every 2 wks or so. He's slowly waking up almost daily, now, which is nice. Lonzo's been up for awhile, he only slept off & on for a month. Leo slept for 2 mo, woke up full of hormones, as are the other, soo, so constant black beards, bobbing and stamping daily. Whoever's up, they have to share the living room floor (Roger put in a ramp up to the patio window, with a Power Sun at the stop & a folded solf towel to sit on. There are cushions on each side of the ramp, then fuzzys along each side, plus a big feed bowl full of River pebbles and Issy's old trianble shaped hide/steps at the bottom. So they have lots of stuff to do and can't get out. We decided our new space is now called the Dragon Den. I measured and the dragons take up more space than we do!

Glad you're posting again Jane, I was a bit worried. But glad to hear everyone, human, hairy or scaley are doing well! Glad to hear it!
Hugs
Deb

spikerocks

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Ah, Deb thanks so much for checking in on us! I have TONS of threads to catch up on. I am so glad all ur dragons are doing so well. I know how hard last year was for you n Roger. I know how hard it will be to give Didi back and I am certain he will miss you!

795g!!!! OMG! That is one big beardie! U go Rubio! All my dragons are going for a nail trim tomorrow and the vet will weight them for me so I'll be sure to update.

I am so glad u told me ur dragons are crazy too be/c I was like what am I gonna do with Princess? I even set up a lay box just in case but she looked at me like, really lady??? R u kidding me? As I type she is glass dancing relentlessly. Yesterday, after sunning herself on the dog bed, Princess launched herself at Boodah's enclosure and head bobbed him. Poor Boodah almost fell off his log! She's never been that aggressive but she is definitely frisky now. But she is eating like a piggy also because she did lose some weight while being down.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Hi Jane,
We're going through the spring fling, too, here. I understand your concern about Princess, but she has to share outside time with the boys, right? They can just drive you crazy, but the hormones should start reducing soon. It's crazy that when they wake up, they're convinced it's spring, whether it is or not. Only Sweetie's up today. Leo was up for a few hours & is already in bed. Lonzo, Didi and Rubio all slept today, weird beardies in their timing.

I'll be curious to see how much your beardies weigh. Rubio is our biggest by alot. He's a 2 hand beardie to lift, he's so long in his body, 10 1/2" from snout to vent. More than 2-3" longer than the other 4. Sweetie's weight goes up & down because she's still an egg laying machine. You 'd think she'd be fed up, she's been laying 4-5 clutches every year since April 2008, when she was the only beardie we had. Last year, Jan-Dec, she lay 10 clutches :shock: boggles the mind! I'm hoping she'll retire soon. When you have a minute check out our thread on Beardie Tales.

Take care, glad you're back,
Hugs
Deb

spikerocks

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I am on my way out but, Deb I have weights from today for you!
Princess - 462.4g
Crush - 518.8g
Boodah - 551.7g
Gizmo - 498.6g

Weight-wise they are all gaining like crazy. After all the parasites, this is a very welcome change!

On another note, I was approached yesterday by a friend that someone is looking to get rid of their beardie. She asked if I would be willing to take it. All I know this far is that it is 5 years old. No idea if it's male or female or of the condition. The lady is supposed to contact me soon. Apparently her kids have lost interest :(
As soon as I know if we are adopting, I will let you know!!!!

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
It's great to hear they are all being piggies for you now.
Nice weigh-ins... :D

Good luck on the possible new beardie. :wink:

spikerocks

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks Barb! Considering we are expecting torrential rain tomorrow, I think we'll have a photo shoot and get some new pics up!!!

Stay tuned.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom