Boodah,Crush,Gizmo,Princess n Mika! Updated 4/23 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though we are still mourning our little Spike, he led us to our new luvbug, Boodah! I don't know if I am supposed to say, but we visited with Tom of TND Dragons today. He was wonderful and has the most beautiful dragons who are very well loved and cared for. Tom and his wife are so friendly and welcoming.

Here are the first pics of Boodah who is still settling in having just arrived home this afternoon. He weighed in at 14g today! More than double Spike! Boodah is wicked FAST and luvs jumping around his viv. He is extremely inquisitive and we can't wait until he's completely settled in and his full personality comes thru. Boodah is already very feisty and we are hopelessly head over heels in luv!

100_1911.jpg

100_1912.jpg

060.jpg

058.jpg

The kindness and generosity of everyone on this forum astounds me. It really is like a family here and I am so grateful for all of you. It's amazing how many wonderful friends I've made already. Thank you for your never-ending support during our trying times with Spike and for helping us welcome Boodah into our family.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
The pics are wonderful, it's great to hear from you again. Your babies look great, so glad to hear they're all eating! Good for you!

Roger's in the hospital, they found a mass in his liver, so he's going through more testing so the docs know what they're dealing with. No prognosis yet. I'm going back @ 6p. I spend about 10 hours with Roger on a daily average. I've applied for sick leave as well. My boss called me today & asked me too, how Roger is doing. I can't believe my boss called me, he's such a sweetie.

Our crew are doing ok. Sweetie & Didi don't want to eat anything, so they're getting critical care in the am. Rubio is now over 800g! He's so darned big. They all miss Roger & miss getting out of their tanks, but I don't usually have time at home to let them all out. So I'll make sure they all get out a bit tomorrow. Leo is not as active as before & Lonzo is just getting old, he turned 8 yrs old in Aprill. He seems to think it's still brumation time!

Keep me updated, I've missed you!
Deb

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
:wave: Hi Jane! :)
Good to hear from you again and see all those nice pic's you posted of your crew.
They all look great...even, an especially, the new not so new now girl, Mika. You have done her wonders. :D
What a pudgy belly! :love5:

Hmm...I'm hoping all those pic's were to make up for lost time and not that you are buying time to disappear again. J/K :p :lol:
I know all about that life poppin' up stuff. :lol:

The new enclosures/lizard lounge looks wonderful! :mrgreen:

spikerocks

Juvie Member
Original Poster
:lol: Hahaha barb! U caught me! Now, off to come up with a new plan....

Btw, check out the new Beardie in general discussion. He found us today. My hubby says He can't stay even if we can't find the owner. We'll just have to wait and see. Even my mom says we should keep the poor thing!

I'll keep you posted!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Hi Jane, glad to hear that everyone's all right. I checked General Discussion back 2 pages & couldn't find your thread. Do you remember what date you posted it on? Let me know the title then so I can find it. You've got my curiosity going....especially that you can't keep "him", must be another rescue?

Thanks for your emails, they really helped.
Hugs to your clan, from my clan,
Deb

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Hi Deb. I checked out the thread she was talking about. I wasn't sure so I double checked. I had read it earlier today. It's titled 'Found a Beardie'.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Thanks Lori, found it. I wonder how long he'd been wandering before he was found. I hope you find a good home for him, poor guy, he deserves a good home. Doesn't look like he's been well taken care of. Glad it was you that's now taking care of him. Give us an update when you can. Good luck Jane!
Deb

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Hi Jane, I got your pm today, hope everything with Mica is alright. I unlocked your thread so you could give an update when you have a chance. I've got to load some pics to photobucket, always a difficult thing, as I can't use the bulk loader (still don't know why), so have to load the darned things one by one. But I did get new pics last week, so will do my best not to lose my temper again, it just takes so darned long.
Take care,
Deb

munchkins9802

Gray-bearded Member
jANE--haven't seen you in awhile. Hope all is well. Did I read right that you have 5 dragons now andmaybe a 6th? Whatever happened to the rescue?

spikerocks

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Hey guys! Sorry it's been so long! This thread was locked for awhile and I kept taking too long to get back to update it after the mods unlocked it. I had started a new thread which included our newest addition, Rocco.

Hey Julie! Yes, we have 6 dragons now :D Boy do they keep me busy! The owner of the rescue turned up within 24 hours and claimed the poor, beat up guy. We were sorry to see him go. I know he would have been better off with us but we needed to do our due dilligence and try to find his owner.

So, Mika is laying infertile eggs! This is my first time going thru this and it's fair to say she's driving me NUTS :roll: Deb, thanks for the info. I've been doing what you recommended but she still has only laid 4 eggs total! I put her in the laybox and she digs and digs in the Eco-Earth and after an hour or so she wants out again. Then I give her a nice warm bath to clean her off (no eggs in there either) and then I put her back in her viv until she starts going nuts again. We do this all day long. Sometimes she digs tunnels in the Eco-Earth and I'm afraid they will collapse onto her head so I stay very close to the laybox while she's in there. Her appetite is good for worms but she's not eating much in the way of greens these days. The 4 eggs she laid have all been inside her viv. Mika definitely enjoys the laybox. She has her happy colors on while in there but I still wonder if I'm doing something wrong. It was warm on Saturday so I took her outside on her leash. I thought maybe she'd dig out there but to no avail. She simply sat in the grass like a rock! :mrgreen:

Here's the first egg which totally startled the heck out of me!
photo-197.jpg

Mika after her bath
photo-572.jpg

So those odd colored scales on Crush's belly are gone! They came off with his last shed, YAY! He's doing great. Big and healthy. Wait til you see his black beard. It goes all the way down his belly!
photo-1112.jpg

Umm, look at that face! He is SO cute!
photo-460.jpg

I don't want a bath, Mom. I can see the sexy lady across the room. I get out, PLEASE???
photo-1697.jpg

Dad is getting beer. I can has some too? (Crush loves to ride in our truck!)
photo-192.jpg

Boodah is doing great. He is so big now. Both Boodah and Crush outgrew my scale so I have no idea where they are weight-wise right now but all the dragons are eating like crazy these days. We are going thru 350-400 worms a week! Boodah leads the pack in the sheer amount of worms he eats. He ate 45 today :shock:
photo-869.jpg

photo-2403.jpg

photo-639.jpg

Princess has the sweetest personality. I just love the way she looks at me. She's been a little annoyed tho with all the attention Mika's been getting. Princess' free roam time has been cut back because of it and she lets me know she does not like it! Her appetite has been BIG too! She is ranked 2nd for total quantity!
Please, can I go flirt with the boys???
photo-2213.jpg

Mom, they're just over there. Let me run over, PLEASE???
photo-2105.jpg

photo-199.jpg

photo-1845.jpg

Gizmo is Gizmo! He is all male and doesn't want to be spoiled. He likes to do his own thing. He absolutely loves his second story. Of course, he rarely uses the ladder to climb down. He prefers to jump right off :roll: If given the chance, he woukld make me a beardie grandmother in a heartbeat lol. Lance, I take your warnings seriously haha.
photo-1066.jpg

Enough with the pictures lady. Let me out to chase the girls already!
photo-1512.jpg

photo-893.jpg

So, last is little Rocco. He's doing well. Recently he figured out that he can climb out of his viv from the top of his tree. He is not happy that I've put the screen top on and he's been pouting quite a bit! He's growing nicely tho.
He was a little scared on his trip outside! This was the first time I didn't hold him. He was in a clear tote and non too pleased!
photo-190.jpg

photo-191.jpg

Doing better now
photo-198.jpg

photo-200.jpg

Okay, Photobucket just almost crashed my web browser so I'm gonna run before I lose my post! I'll get back on after the kids go to bed!
Thanks for looking!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
They all look big & happy & Rocco has grown the most! He looks great Jane, especially from the last pic I saw from him. And he's so colourful. He's a leatherback? What a cute little guy. Loved the pic of him outside, he's sure got a BIG beard when he's unhappy.

Boodah, Crush, Princess & Gizmo look great & I loved all the pics. So they like to flirt with Princess, can't say I blame them, she's very pretty.

So how are you doing with such a busy family life. How are the kids & hubby? I saw the picture of Emily from your last entry, she's sure grown alot. How's Frank doing with school? Bet they all keep you hopping!

So glad to hear an update, I know how it is to be busy, but I've been home recovering from a nasty flu, so I'm sort of bored, just sort of, at least I've been getting the boys out to run around a bit. They all had 0 UVB happening in their power suns, forgot to put the date on from the last day I bought them, so I've replaced 3 so far & Didi gets his on the weekend. The one over the ramp is still good, so Didi is spending alot of time out of his tank, which he loves, he'd stay out all day if he could. Lonzo ran around a bit today, will have him out moromorrow.

So keep in touch. As far as Mica goes, I'm scratching my head. I'm not sure if that's all the eggs she made. If she's not laying by the end of the week I'd get her to a vet. Sweetie, last summer, sat on a bundle of eggs when Roger got so sick, when he went to the hospital she just didn't lay them. I ended taking her to the vet & having her induced & sure enough she had 30 eggs in there. So that was ok. So see how she is by the end of the week.

Take care,
Deb

spikerocks

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks for checking in on us Deb and Beardie parents'

So Mika just finished laying her first clutch of infertile eggs. Hallelujah! I didn't think she would ever lay them. The total was 31 eggs! Poor girl!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
And she shouldn't lay any more for at least another month or more, if she even has any more to lay. There's no rhyme or reason why females lay infertile eggs. Sweetie started laying in April 2008, before we even had another beardie. Lonzo didn't get adopted until Sept/08, so it wasn't that. I have a friend who had 2 males & a female in the same room, they couldn't see each other, but the female never lay an egg & she died at 10 years old. I have a friend who has a single female beardie who lays at least 4 infertile clutches every summer without fail, no other beardie in sight. So there really is no rhyme or reason why any female lays infertile eggs. Maybe not seeing Gizmo may help. Just make sure she gets lots of protein & calcium in the next few weeks & as much veggie/salad as she'll eat. She needs to get her weight & strength back. Let me know how she is. As for the MBD, liquid calcium also helps with that. Isn't it always the beardies who should lay eggs that do? Odd, that.
Take care
Hugs to all your babies,
Deb

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Hello Jane!

Nice pic's of your crew! :D

I have to say that the black beard made me laugh... :lol: He takes after his daddy that's for sure. :lol:

Rocco is a stunning little devil. :love10:

Good to see you around! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom