Boodah,Crush,Gizmo,Princess n Mika! Updated 4/23 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though we are still mourning our little Spike, he led us to our new luvbug, Boodah! I don't know if I am supposed to say, but we visited with Tom of TND Dragons today. He was wonderful and has the most beautiful dragons who are very well loved and cared for. Tom and his wife are so friendly and welcoming.

Here are the first pics of Boodah who is still settling in having just arrived home this afternoon. He weighed in at 14g today! More than double Spike! Boodah is wicked FAST and luvs jumping around his viv. He is extremely inquisitive and we can't wait until he's completely settled in and his full personality comes thru. Boodah is already very feisty and we are hopelessly head over heels in luv!

100_1911.jpg

100_1912.jpg

060.jpg

058.jpg

The kindness and generosity of everyone on this forum astounds me. It really is like a family here and I am so grateful for all of you. It's amazing how many wonderful friends I've made already. Thank you for your never-ending support during our trying times with Spike and for helping us welcome Boodah into our family.

crickest

Juvie Member
Cindy - if you manage to do roaches, you'll have to come feed mine. Ick! Mentally I like the idea, emotionally there is no flipping way!!

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
crickest":789b4 said:
Cindy - if you manage to do roaches, you'll have to come feed mine. Ick! Mentally I like the idea, emotionally there is no flipping way!!

We agree with you. We lived in a house that was infested with roaches. We had to keep a very small christmas tree, with lights, turned on all night long for 4 years. It was like a night light for us. When you went into the kitchen at night, you had to turn on the lights or you would step on hundreds of roaches. When you turned on the light, you would see said hundreds of roaches scattering everywhere. I'm willing to try, but the way he feels about roaches, plus when I've seen them up close, not in a picture, i don't like them. Roaches in this house will never happen.

spikerocks

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I can't even look at a pic of roaches without getting goosebumps and queasy! But I feel guilty be/c I know Boodah likes them. I guess I could buy some (not start a colony) and keep them in a cricket keeper, right? I can't even imagine opening the container when they come! I m afraid of ladybugs so roaches set me rite off! I know they aren't the same as roaches people get in their houses but that doesn't help. Tom n Donna showed us their colony n I almost died! New pics will be posted tonite!

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
I'm a teensy bit late, but just had to stop by and tell you how adorable Boodah is, just in case you didn't notice!

spikerocks

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Hey everyone! Sorry it took me so long to post these pics. Life has a way of showing up sometimes! My wonderful hubby built a wooden enclosure for Boodah last nite. Nothing fancy but it's 3'x3' (with finished wood so no splinters). It's roughly 8" high so he can't jump or climb out. Boodah loves his little play yard. We put some river rocks, a vine, a few plants n a rock in there. It also has a heat lamp attached. Now I can let him run around n not worry about him running off n hiding somewhere. It won't last too long once he's bigger but it's great for rite now. Boodah started to eat a bit of his greens but is still eating lots of crickets. Here r some pics if him in the play yard n one showing the new background in his viv.
016.jpg

015.jpg

011.jpg

010.jpg

017.jpg

I can't wait until the kids go back to school so Boodah can settle into our new routine. With the kids home all week, Boodah is getting very spoiled! Everytime he gets put back into his viv, he gets stress marks!

spikerocks

Juvie Member
Original Poster
spurlee01: Thx for checking out r baby! I m totally smitten n he is totally spoiled!

crickest: I swear I'm trying to get onto the blog for the introduction! Boodah is terribly excited to b the ringbearer. His tux is pressed n ready to go! We've just been crazy busy with the kids out of school. Not a moment of peace n quiet!

So, I hope I don't sound like a dope but Boodah's top eyelid on both eyes looks thick. It hasn't turned white yet but he did bulge out his eyes yesterday n been very sleepy today. Possible shed? U know Spike never got this far so I was a bit worried after seeing Boodah's eyelids today. His tail is starting to look gray n dull so I think it's a shed coming but I guess I just need some reassurance from u experienced beardie slaves! We have a vet appt. Tuesday for a check up. Boodah still ate good today, lots of crickets n even some endive.

crickest

Juvie Member
I think Boodah is progressing very nicely. I would not be surprised to see him acting tired, as much handling as he's getting. You can always weigh him and see if he's gained any weight. I weighed Embyr on Weds night and she weighed 327. Weighed her today and she weighed in at 337. That's nine grams in three days. :shock:

All four of her legs are grey and she has a gray milk shed around her mouth, beard and ears. She and Spark both got to sit in the sun for a while today. They really enjoyed it.

spikerocks

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Happy Valentine's Day! Boodah was under his hideout pouting this morning. He wants to be held as soon as he sees me but I was making breakfast n he didn't like that! He got over it tho n actually ate a few phoenix worms! I bought him a new plastic tote which is clear (for baths) n he loved it. He actually ran away from me when I tried to take him out! He loves to swim around. So Boodah has really taken to a pink tennis ball. I put him in the play yard n he runs around like crazy, climbing on everything but always ends up back on the tennis ball! Here r some pics:
1266174861.jpg

1266174741.jpg

1266174401.jpg

1266175027.jpg

1266175211.jpg

1266175358.jpg

1266175446.jpg

Can u believe they r calling for another 4-8" of snow tomorrow??? HELP! I can't bear to see another snowflake! Isn't FOUR feet enough????

surgerising

Hatchling Member
Hi Jane,
Ok so I feel like a total dim witt. I have been watching intros to meet your new baby, and all along here it was. Well congrats on the new boy hes a real looker. You cant go wrong with a dragon from Tom. Looking forward to watching him grow up. Maybe one day I will be ready to get another after losing Aztec. Watching the newest clutch Tom had hatch today there was one in there that caught my eye.

spikerocks

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Freeie":e60bf said:
I love the little play pen idea :D It sure does help when they are little. Boodah is so cute!
Freeie: The play yard has been a great tool. Boodah luvs to run n play in there. The only problem is that now he wants to b in there ALL the time! He pouts n gets stress marks when we put him back in the viv. When he's in the viv he scratches at the glass for a long time or run all along the front, banging his snout. He'll bask but as soon as he's done, he wants out. I m hoping it'll get better when the kids go back to school tomorrow.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
They all do that. Our girls don't glass dance that much but they let us know that they want to be on our shoulder 24/7. They try to stay on our us when we want to put them back in their viv for bedtime, as they are safer sleeping in there then on us as I roll a lot when I sleep and I can't sleep deeply unless I can roll.

spikerocks

Juvie Member
Original Poster
So far today, Boodah's only eaten one cricket. No phoenix worms, and some dandelion greens. The amount of live prey seems to be decreasing daily for the last 3 days. Even tho he's been here a week tomorrow, could this still be relocation stress?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom