Boodah,Crush,Gizmo,Princess n Mika! Updated 4/23 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though we are still mourning our little Spike, he led us to our new luvbug, Boodah! I don't know if I am supposed to say, but we visited with Tom of TND Dragons today. He was wonderful and has the most beautiful dragons who are very well loved and cared for. Tom and his wife are so friendly and welcoming.

Here are the first pics of Boodah who is still settling in having just arrived home this afternoon. He weighed in at 14g today! More than double Spike! Boodah is wicked FAST and luvs jumping around his viv. He is extremely inquisitive and we can't wait until he's completely settled in and his full personality comes thru. Boodah is already very feisty and we are hopelessly head over heels in luv!

100_1911.jpg

100_1912.jpg

060.jpg

058.jpg

The kindness and generosity of everyone on this forum astounds me. It really is like a family here and I am so grateful for all of you. It's amazing how many wonderful friends I've made already. Thank you for your never-ending support during our trying times with Spike and for helping us welcome Boodah into our family.

spikerocks

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Hi guys! Our stupid power was out until 11:30pm! It would come on for 20 mins or so n then go back out. I guess we were lucky to have it over-night! Poor Boodah is probably thinking "what kind of people r these? :roll: y do they keep turning my lites off?" Boodah ate wonderfully considering all the stress! :blob8: He ate a dozen small crickets! I luv to watch him hunt them. My hubby thinks he's bad-a**! Boodah stressed when the power first went out but after that, he just went with it n had a beautiful, creamy belly all day. :D

We followed Tom's suggestion n covered the sides n back of the viv w/construction paper (first thing handy) n this really has helped him alot. Boodah is so inquisitive n with two noisy dogs, two kids n 4 adults, there is always something going on!

Cindy: Boodah reminds me of Kiera. His coloring is very similar n his appetite is amazing. Sometimes when he basks, he looks just like Kiera in her pics. :) After what we've been thru w/puff n spike, u know exactly how i feel rite now-just pure amazement at his appetite. Boodah is SO alert that now I realize how hard poor Spike had it all along. :(

So, w/out further adieu, here is our beautiful bad-a** boy:
073.jpg

076.jpg

078.jpg

079.jpg

074.jpg

048.jpg

045.jpg

044.jpg

Here is Boodah channeling Spike by sleeping all the way at the top of his plant, just about touching the screen. Look at his back legs! LOL
001.jpg

Now, I just have to share a few off-topic pics of this crazy blizzard! These pics are of our front n side yards.
032.jpg

050.jpg

051.jpg

Thank u Mother Nature. Now if the wind would ever stop blowing, maybe we could dig r way out!!
PS: Beardie parents: u were rite, Boodah was NOT impressed by the snow. He did however, enjoy watching all the birds outside trying to find shelter from the storm!

RolandKyramere

Sub-Adult Member
Wow, I keep hearing about this huge snowstorm on the East Coast, and that a third is apparently on its way next weed! I'm from an area that usually gets all the snowstorms like that, so this is insane!
Boodah looks wonderful, they do sometimes find the weirdest sleeping positions.

spikerocks

Juvie Member
Original Poster
So, I gave Boodah his first bath with us and he jumped rite out of the sink! Boy has hops! Off to the bathtub for this escape artist!

puffsmama

Sub-Adult Member
Awwwwww Jane--

Boodah looks awesome!! I love that pic of him sleeping on top of his plant. We need to come up with a good caption and post that pic on the LOL Beardies thread. viewtopic.php?f=30&t=103316
This is what being owned and being slave to a beardie is supposed to be like. I am so glad you got another baby right away...this way Frankie gets to know the joys of having one of these amazing creatures!!
I hope Boodah is having fun with all of our kids at "Disneyland". He is the ringbearer you know!! :wink:
I'm so happy for you!!
One question though...I see that big blue dot on Boodah's back...was Tom playing Beardie Bingo with his babies again!? :lol:
Hugs to all of you!!
Cindy

spikerocks

Juvie Member
Original Poster
puffsmama":848e3 said:
Boodah looks awesome!! I love that pic of him sleeping on top of his plant. We need to come up with a good caption and post that pic on the LOL Beardies thread. viewtopic.php?f=30&t=103316 LOL would luv too. I'm gonna think on a quote tonite!
This is what being owned and being slave to a beardie is supposed to be like. so much fun!I am so glad you got another baby right away...this way Frankie gets to know the joys of having one of these amazing creatures!! It is nite n day from last time! I m so glad we had Spike for the little bit we did but seeing Boodah assinate crickets n taking everything in is so much fun!
One question though...I see that big blue dot on Boodah's back...was Tom playing Beardie Bingo with his babies again!? :lol: LOL - i wonder how he gets them to stay still? hmmmm
Hugs to all of you!!
Cindy
So, I gave Boodah somw phoenix worms today n he just looked n walked away from the dish. I put one next to him n him picked it up n promptly spit it out! What other worms can he have regularly? I know waxworms r treats n mealworms r no good. He's too little for superworms, rite? I m also wondering if anyone has any advice or suggestions for ways to keep him safe when he's out n wants to run around? I have a big plastic tote but so far he hates it. He's way too fast to bring him down where Spike would run. He's one heck of a jumper so if I make something, it'll have to be at least 10" or more high.
Here r some pics from this afternoon. (The indoor/outdoor carpet is in the big tote I let him run in)
005.jpg

002.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

009.jpg

BTW, he loves his new desert landscape but I guess anything beats plain old construction paper!

crickest

Juvie Member
Hey Jane -

Quick question about the worms. . . are they moving around? Okay, so two questions, what size crickets are you feeding?

The way I got Embyr to eat worms was to put them and the crickets in the dish together. They move a lot more when there are crickets walking on them, and she would strike at the cricket and grab a worm. After she got a taste, she would eat them by themselves. The crickets and the worms were about the same size.

Third question, . . . how old are the worms? I know Spark is tempermental about the worms if they smell kind of acidic. Embyr will eat them, regardless, but Spark only likes them if they are fresh.

You could also do silk worms from Mulberry Farms. I know they have smalls, which would be good for Boodah. We tried Silkworms, but Spark wouldn't eat them at all. He is really picky. He loves butterworms, though. Butters are too big for Boodah, you'd have to wait for four or five months. They are pretty good size. We are also going to try hornworms this spring. (Hornworms run 2" - 4" long.)

spikerocks

Juvie Member
Original Poster
crickest":56f5c said:
Hey Jane -
Quick question about the worms. . . are they moving around? Okay, so two questions, what size crickets are you feeding?Yeah, they were moving around alot. The one I gave him I took out of the dish n put down in front of him. The phoenix worms r about 3 wks old. Should I toss them? I just ordered 3/8" from ghann's. Rite now he's been eating small crix from the pet store n picked out the big ones n put 'em in the snow!
The way I got Embyr to eat worms was to put them and the crickets in the dish together. The worms r really small. The smallest they sell at Ghann's.
You could also do silk worms from Mulberry Farms. I know they have smalls, which would be good for Boodah. I'll check it out. Thx.

Freeie: As much as I skeeve bugs, especially roaches, I'm considering getting them. But, oh, the thought just turns my stomach but I know Boodah ate them at TND.

Freeie

Extreme Poster
We have had beardies over a yr and a half and i finally talked my family into letting me get them. Id ask and id get a big fat NO!!! Im so happy they let me. My daughter Amber whos 16 she loves them to death and plays with them :shock: I'm not that brave lol

crickest

Juvie Member
I tried . . . I swear I did . . . but I screamed and threw them and the tongs across the room. Again and again. They just were too creepy for me to handle. I mean, they look like roaches. AND I HATE ROACHES!!

Good luck if you are able to handle them.

spikerocks

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Crickest: I don't think I'll b able to. I just read thru a thread on starting a colony n I think I m going to throw up! :puke: Honestly, my stomach is turning. U already know of my insane fear of bugs. I mean, for god's sake, I have to wear gloves to feed the crix n handle the tubes! My hubby fishes the xtras out. I scream every time they jump! It's really too bad Boodah can't eat my nemisis, the stink bug! Oh, what a happy day that would be! Thank god crix can't fly!!!

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
Jane, I just switched to roaches right after Christmas. I hate them, and they are creepy and I squeal every time I get near one. Heaven forbid one accidentally touches me.
But all 3 of my beardies LOVE them!
Waffle (my oldest beardie, who thinks he is a super model, because he does not eat) has been eating roaches like crazy, and at last weigh in, he had gained over 50 grams since new years eve.
I hate the little critters, but man how my boys love them. And Butch (the boyfriend) thinks it is hilarious when I am screaming and flailing around trying to mess with the roaches. :oops:

puffsmama

Sub-Adult Member
I am going to give roaches a try this spring. When I first had Puff, the crickets would creep me out, but now...a bin full of crickets makes me smile... I am hoping that I will get used to roaches too. Afterall, crickets look just like roaches, plus they jump!! So roaches can't be all that bad...can they? Plus they have more nutrition than crickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom