Big Chief: Man of the House (Huge Update 12/29)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
You got it, Kaleen! This is pretty much Chief 24/7 - parading around the house in black beard. Today Ginger was on the back of the couch and he was allowed to run around on the floor. He made sure to let everyone know the floor was HIS. LOL!

6912906524_e05280fb05.jpg

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
Chief's hormones are starting to chill out a little bit, finally. He can finally be in the same room with a female and not flip out. This morning he was on the couch and Ginger was up high on the back of the couch and Chief never acted out at all. His beard is in shed so it's a little lighter looking than he wanted it to be, but there was no freak out. :D

He is also gaining a little weight and eating more feeders and salad. Makes us happy beardie parents!

7170748243_2b68aba7a4.jpg

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
I think he had a really good birthday. We wanted to take him for a drive to visit a small town nearby called 'Chiefland,' but we didn't make it. LOL it would have been funny. :p

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
Omg that's amazing! You know Chief would totally rock that boat. We could have some big parties there and serve all the big worms. :lol:

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
Today, Chief took a field trip to the nursing home where hubby and I work to do some 'pet therapy.' I specifically wanted to bring a dragon to see one of the residents who used to have reptiles and I had told her about my lizards and it brightened her face when I would talk with her about them. The experience was beyond amazing and I came away with it full of love and the residents were thrilled. It gave them something to focus on besides the weather, what is for lunch, and what is on TV.

We put Chief on a pillow in her lap and she gently touched his arms and his beard and his back. We had his little Ogle-R-Pets leash on him and he sat there turning a brighter citrus yellow by the second. He ate up her attention and would turn his head and look at her and she was shocked at his recognition of her face and looking at her as intelligently as he did. Otto talked with her about the reptilian brain and their emotions, since she has a background in Physiology and her eyes sparkled while she listened.

After Otto left the room to show Chief to other people, she told me how much she loved that we came to visit, and she said that when you don't get visitors and you are alone a lot, the vocabulary shrinks. I've never heard this woman speak so clearly and intelligently in the whole time I have worked there.

Please if any of you can visit people in nursing homes with your well-behaved pets or reptiles, do it. You will be giving a huge gift to someone who can't go where they please or do what they want any more, and you are giving them memories. These may be some of the last experiences and memories of their lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Godaxus
Top Bottom