Best reptile store in Toronto area...

Status
Not open for further replies.

gizmo17

Hatchling Member
well i know of reptile kings...and reptillia both of those are pretty good but reptillia is in maple =/ both are a little overpriced imo im still looking for a cheaper store closer to the toronto area!

Treehorn

Hatchling Member
I got my beardie from All Reptiles.

Reptile King in North York.

Out in Oshawa there is D&D Exotics.

Peterborough is Capital Dragons if you are looking for interesting colors or bloodlines.

gizmo17

Hatchling Member
Treehorn":3en2vme0 said:
I got my beardie from All Reptiles.

Reptile King in North York.

Out in Oshawa there is D&D Exotics.

Peterborough is Capital Dragons if you are looking for interesting colors or bloodlines.
oh wow this is awesome! thanks so much! yeah i know of reptile king! i go there for my mice/rats cheapest place! but i didn't know about other place they are a little far considering i live in like the middle of toronto but its worth it! thanks! :D

Port Credit Pet Centre
www.portcreditpets.com
A good place for cheap crickets, worms, mice etc.
A cheap place for reptiles, not sure of the quality but I bought a chameleon from there many years ago and it lived happily for 7 years.
Our local pet store gets it supplies from there.
Its in southern Mississauga.

AprilMayJune

Hatchling Member
A friend of ours had a very bad experience with Reptillia.

They gave them their Beardie and all accessories including tank because of unusual health reasons (long story) with the promise of Reptillia taking very good care of her and eventually mating her as well. A few months later Reptillia said they no longer wanted her and the original owners had found her a fantastic home (with us of course). They refused to give back anything to them except for the Beardie and Well, when she came to live with us, she had mites and some very awful irritation on her tummy, feet and chin which I suspect was from the crushed walnut shell she was housed in.

My advice is to STAY CLEAR AWAY from them.

If interested I have a few males that are about 4months old that are Sandfire X Normals I would make a good deal with you, although we're in Hamilton area.

gizmo17

Hatchling Member
AprilMayJune":22317whe said:
A friend of ours had a very bad experience with Reptillia.

They gave them their Beardie and all accessories including tank because of unusual health reasons (long story) with the promise of Reptillia taking very good care of her and eventually mating her as well. A few months later Reptillia said they no longer wanted her and the original owners had found her a fantastic home (with us of course). They refused to give back anything to them except for the Beardie and Well, when she came to live with us, she had mites and some very awful irritation on her tummy, feet and chin which I suspect was from the crushed walnut shell she was housed in.

My advice is to STAY CLEAR AWAY from them.

If interested I have a few males that are about 4months old that are Sandfire X Normals I would make a good deal with you, although we're in Hamilton area.
oh no i don't buy pets from any pet store reptile store or not lol i go to breeders and expos lol but reptillia is good for things you can't find in regular pet stores! and the mice there are ALOT cheaper then PJ's

I am new to BD's so much so that we are assembling our 75g long turtle tank into a BD home. And we are picking up our first beardie this Thursday. We have looked everywhere, Petsmart, PJ's Pet (Pickering), D&D's in Oshawa. But we have decided to get ours from Jackies Critters in Bowmanville. It was a toss up between PJ's and Jackies. The guy that I talked to at PJ's has 2 BD's and he was a great help getting our tank setup but they currently only have baby Beardies and we are looking for atleast 6 months old.

We checked out D&D's but we didn't like the dirtiness of the store, layers of dust and cobwebs on products and shelves. And the beardies tank was filthy dirty inside. And they had a note stating that if you want to ask them any questions about animals, if not from their store, then they will charge you $35 for every half hour as you are taking up their time that could be spent on taking care of their animals. Mean while, while we were there for 30 minutes looking around both employees were talking to a "friend" the whole time and they didn't even bother to ask if we needed any help. Sorry but first impressions are lasting ones.

That is why we are going to Jackies. They have been great when it comes to answering questions and their prices are good to. Just our thoughts.

But

Treehorn

Hatchling Member
I have to admit I agree with some of your comments on D&D. I didnt buy my beardie there but they are so close to my work that I buy feeders there. My nose still turns up by the smell of the place every time I go there. They are renovating and hopefully the place cleans up.

That being said the owners are great and they always are helpful. The posters about charging for help are new but in thier defense I have seen many times when trying to buy product people in there trying to use the knowlegable owner as an alterative to a vet. Not simple questions but full on stuff that should be taken to a vet.

Its not fair to try and use a knowledgable shop owner at a way to save on vet bills, especially if you didnt buy the animal there. And the sign says she supports animals that she sells, just charges for questions about animals not bought there. Like I said I didnt buy there but I "buy product" there so she is always happy to answer questions. The signs are for the freeloaders.

If I were to buy again I would make the drive to Exclusive Dragons in Peterborough. Its a bit of a drive and they charge a bit more but you really get what you pay for.

I checked out Exclusive Dragons online and they are located in Brampton, Ontario. I did however find Capital Dragons in Peterbourgh, Ontario. Very interesting site and might consider them. It's a toss up right now between Capital Dragons and Jackies Critters and things in Bowmanville. I will see where Jackie gets her BD's from. We are looking at getting 2 Females 6 months old for $95 each. Which is a reasonable price.

As for D&D's I understand what you are saying and I don't question their knowledge when it comes to any reptile but first impressions are huge with us. That's not to say that I wouldn't buy feeders from them. But in their defense with the signs I do agree with it as if you do have any problems with your reptile then really you should be contacting the place where you got them from or a vet.

Time to go and finish building our BD's home so that we can finally get one.

Treehorn":mxwvxrlg said:
I have to admit I agree with some of your comments on D&D. I didnt buy my beardie there but they are so close to my work that I buy feeders there. My nose still turns up by the smell of the place every time I go there. They are renovating and hopefully the place cleans up.

That being said the owners are great and they always are helpful. The posters about charging for help are new but in thier defense I have seen many times when trying to buy product people in there trying to use the knowlegable owner as an alterative to a vet. Not simple questions but full on stuff that should be taken to a vet.

Its not fair to try and use a knowledgable shop owner at a way to save on vet bills, especially if you didnt buy the animal there. And the sign says she supports animals that she sells, just charges for questions about animals not bought there. Like I said I didnt buy there but I "buy product" there so she is always happy to answer questions. The signs are for the freeloaders.

If I were to buy again I would make the drive to Exclusive Dragons in Peterborough. Its a bit of a drive and they charge a bit more but you really get what you pay for.
what is d&d?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip
Top Bottom