Being Pooped on...what does it mean when your beardie 💩s on you every time you hold him? It seems like Scully never poops in his home just on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue11

Sub-Adult Member
My girl will do everything to avoid going in her viv … 98% of the time it’s when she’s in her bath - the other 2% would be rare times she’s gone when she’s out of the tank walking around. While she doesn’t do it on me - you're def not alone! 🙂🙂
Honestly I feel like a lot of dragons have their own preferred place to poop.

dogndragonmom

Photo Comp Winner
My new rescue boy seems to have a routine now with pooping on me. I always have a towel under him now and know when it's coming so I am prepared...but he will get off his basking rock and glass surf until I get him...we will sit on the couch and within 5 minutes he is leaving me a stinky present LOL he even lets me hold his tail up so he doesn't get it everywhere haha

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Do you by chance have a tote or a 20 gallon aquarium you could put him in to do his business. Sounds like he is super comfortable with you, lol!

mango_the_beardie

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Mango
its weird but with me when my beardie gets a new tank after 8 months she'll pick a spot to poo then i put a paper towel on that spot so now she knows that when she goes to the bathroom i just pick it right up with the paper towel

Dodgersmomma

Original Poster
Do you by chance have a tote or a 20 gallon aquarium you could put him in to do his business. Sounds like he is super comfortable with you, lol!
Thing is I never know when he is going to do it until it's to late lol. I guess as long as he doesn't poop down the inside of my shirt or in my hair 😆😂. He did go inside is cage the other day. I haven't had him out much he's Been sleeping.
Thank you

Attachments

• 20211216_140416.jpg
    20211216_140416.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 64

NexusGod

The day mine poops on me is the day he won’t come out the tank for a week; I don’t care how much he glass surfs and stares at me. He has revenge-pooped on my floor and bed tho. I now always wait for him to poop daily before I take him out the tank at all.

He poops in an empty food dish I use for decoration or poops in his bath. The revenge poop comes from if I have to force feed him greens. He’s at the age where he despises most veggies but will do backflips for Dubias across the room. I have to put blueberries on top of the greens or literally open his mouth and stick greens in while he looks at me with discontent. If I put him down after, sometimes he will poop right on my bed or floor.

I will give Zeus his props tho because one time he was on me and I was trying to figure out why he didn’t want to stay and he ran away and again pooped on the floor so I’m glad he understands if he poops on me there will be repercussions.

Badwolfe

Hatchling Member
The day mine poops on me is the day he won’t come out the tank for a week; I don’t care how much he glass surfs and stares at me. He has revenge-pooped on my floor and bed tho. I now always wait for him to poop daily before I take him out the tank at all.

He poops in an empty food dish I use for decoration or poops in his bath. The revenge poop comes from if I have to force feed him greens. He’s at the age where he despises most veggies but will do backflips for Dubias across the room. I have to put blueberries on top of the greens or literally open his mouth and stick greens in while he looks at me with discontent. If I put him down after, sometimes he will poop right on my bed or floor.

I will give Zeus his props tho because one time he was on me and I was trying to figure out why he didn’t want to stay and he ran away and again pooped on the floor so I’m glad he understands if he poops on me there will be repercussions.
Got to be honest this made me laugh.

Any reptile owner should resign themselves to the fact that at some point their pet is gonna launch an unwanted present onto them :)

Jupitertheking

Hatchling Member
Wat does it mean when your beardie 💩 's on you all the time?
Oh my bearded dragon has pooped on me once and I found out that he doesn’t like pooping in his bib so I kinda can tell ur know when he needs and wants to poop but he just comes at the front and moves front and back many times until I get him in the tub

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom