Bearded Dragons first winter

Status
Not open for further replies.

articwolfgirl

Juvie Member
Ok so i live in ohio and have a 2 and a half month old beardie. this wil be his first winter. what do i need to do to prepare for it. What do yall do to keep them warm at night and such?

dEEjHaY

Hatchling Member
I would assume do the same, but watch the temps. No need for any type of heat unless temps drop below 65* - If they do, you can get a CHE (Ceramic heat emitter)

articwolfgirl

Juvie Member
Original Poster
see that the problem my room was built out of the garage and the temp it dropped to last year was 48 without heater. Its not inselated well. I dont want him to get too cold

dEEjHaY

Hatchling Member
If you need a heat source, the best thing to get then is a CHE, they give off absolutely no light, but can help raise temps. remember you don't want it to get super warm, so a low watt CHE will prob do the trick. Just remember to try and keep the temps between 65-70 ish during the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buddy- The Bearded Dragon
Top Bottom