Heat light for winter

Beardie name(s)
Mushu
Hello everyone Mushu has a 120 gallon enclosure and last year the heat lamp did a goodish job with keeping the temps up. This year tho it’s not even winter yet and it seems to be struggling. (I did put in a new bulb) Where I live it has been getting cold sooner then last year and I’m concerned it’s going to be a very cold winter. Anyway I need suggestions for a nice winter bulb for Mushu. He is located in our living room and we don’t use heat during winter but we have a pellet stove that we will be using starting the following month. (It’s located in the basement) I would really prefer not to use a double bulb if possible.

Thanks

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hello everyone Mushu has a 120 gallon enclosure and last year the heat lamp did a goodish job with keeping the temps up. This year tho it’s not even winter yet and it seems to be struggling. (I did put in a new bulb) Where I live it has been getting cold sooner then last year and I’m concerned it’s going to be a very cold winter. Anyway I need suggestions for a nice winter bulb for Mushu. He is located in our living room and we don’t use heat during winter but we have a pellet stove that we will be using starting the following month. (It’s located in the basement) I would really prefer not to use a double bulb if possible.

Thanks
What is the temp in the tank w/ just the heat emitter? What is the wattage your using now?

Chris.

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Luis and Lilith
Personally I use a dimmer switch with a halogen bulb that could put out more then double the wattage I use right now.
If you'd use two smaller ones tho you can even out the temps (in case your hot side is good but your cool side is to cold) better.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom